Author Topic: B3 (beta three) speakers for home use?  (Read 867 times)

Offline sansui

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
B3 (beta three) speakers for home use?
« on: Dec 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM »
Is it ok to use this type of speaker for home use?  I saw a B3 speaker with a 6.5" woofer and I am wondering if this type of speaker will perform well in a stereo set-up.  Also, how do you connect them to a home amplifier? its line connection at the back is similar to the connection of professional microphones.

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: B3 (beta three) speakers for home use?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2006 at 09:28 AM »
Is it ok to use this type of speaker for home use?  I saw a B3 speaker with a 6.5" woofer and I am wondering if this type of speaker will perform well in a stereo set-up.  Also, how do you connect them to a home amplifier? its line connection at the back is similar to the connection of professional microphones.

B3's are for PA applications. However, it doesn't prevent one from using B3's at home. They're a good performer.

You can have a speaker connection terminated at a PA shop. If the B3 is passive, its terminal is "Speak-On" connector. You can get one from any PA store like Audiophile. Connect the speaker wire to terminal 1- and 1+. Plug and lock the Speak On to the B3's and the other end of the speaker wire to the speaker binding post of the integrated amp.

If the B3 is an active speaker, it uses PL (phono) plugs. Use a mic cable as your interconnect with an RCA connector on one end and a PL (phono - mono) plug on the other. Connect the RCA to the record out of your integrated amp and the PL plug to the B3.

cyber
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2006 at 09:32 AM by cybermms »

Offline sansui

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: B3 (beta three) speakers for home use?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 11:02 AM »
Thank you.