Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 368401 times)

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #2250 on: Sep 22, 2013 at 02:37 PM »
The bose I have fits my room nicely that no b&w model could.... It is the best for my needs imho. Isn't nice to say another brand is crap bec it is expensive compared to another make.
Yes my ma system could tramp that set up, but i wouldn't put it in our room, I don't really like cramped spaces even if we live in a small condo.

Bottomline is we all get to where we need to be, we just use different vehicles to get there...

Offline Wysiwyg

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2251 on: Sep 22, 2013 at 04:20 PM »
I agree with bro timbre Bose lifestyle fits well  and looks nice especially when wall mounted, space saver ika nga tsaka elegante. Regardless of price maybe unbeatable for its  size when compared to other brand.
HT:RZ50/B&W 603/HTM6/Polk
Audio: Rotel A14/B&W 805N

Offline tinabal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2252 on: Sep 22, 2013 at 07:12 PM »
I agree with bro timbre Bose lifestyle fits well  and looks nice especially when wall mounted, space saver ika nga tsaka elegante. Regardless of price maybe unbeatable for its  size when compared to other brand.

i agree with you man bose is quiet elegant looking, but to be  unbeatable for its size? i don't know but every time im off from work i always auditioned ht or other speakers, i dont wanna be hambog but recent lifestyle coudnt edge anthony gallo adiva ti and im very thankful for the agent from harvey norman for recommending me that speakers. but thats only me in my sounding taste.
Yaqin mc10t + kef q300 + muse dac
( YAQI KEF MU)

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2253 on: Sep 22, 2013 at 08:49 PM »
i agree with you man bose is quiet elegant looking, but to be  unbeatable for its size? i don't know but every time im off from work i always auditioned ht or other speakers, i dont wanna be hambog but recent lifestyle coudnt edge anthony gallo adiva ti and im very thankful for the agent from harvey norman for recommending me that speakers. but thats only me in my sounding taste.
Good for you. You have your taste we have ours, no need to bash our gears!
In what sense do you mean the anthony gallo is better than the bose anyway? Cheaper?

Offline tinabal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2254 on: Sep 23, 2013 at 08:58 AM »
Good for you. You have your taste we have ours, no need to bash our gears!
In what sense do you mean the anthony gallo is better than the bose anyway? Cheaper?

sounding and price. i'm not bashing any gear, i respect to each & every one specially to thier sounding taste the only thing is one of the guy of this thread asking for the performance between b&w and bose well, i just responded that for me b&w sounded much better. i dont think theres a problem with that. if i hurt bose owner coz i choose b&w then i'm sorry. even me dont have b&w but has bose pc speaker. i have just notice it during audition to hifi stores.
( YAQI KEF MU)

Offline tinabal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2255 on: Sep 23, 2013 at 09:11 AM »
im not comparing the gallo to bose that a no brainer, we have different taste, but thats only my opinion its up to you if you take it or not theres no harm with that.
( YAQI KEF MU)

Offline kharken

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2256 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 11:33 PM »
please recommend a 2.1 speaker. will be using it mainly for PC. budget is around 4k and below. trip ko kasi yung mga rnb and hiphop na music kaya boomy setup ang gusto ko. paminsan minsan movies kaya mas ok din kung malinaw yung tipong di overpowering yung bass
t
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013 at 11:59 PM by kharken »

Offline Wysiwyg

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2257 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 08:16 AM »
please recommend a 2.1 speaker. will be using it mainly for PC. budget is around 4k and below. trip ko kasi yung mga rnb and hiphop na music kaya boomy setup ang gusto ko. paminsan minsan movies kaya mas ok din kung malinaw yung tipong di overpowering yung bass
t
t

Bro checkout Logitech Z623, though I was using Logitech Z906 for my PC and was very satisfied with it; movies, music and gaming is very good. i believe the Z623 will your suit your budget and needs since this two model carried THX logo means good bass response.
HT:RZ50/B&W 603/HTM6/Polk
Audio: Rotel A14/B&W 805N

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #2258 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 10:20 AM »
t

check Edifier brand of pc speakers.
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline kharken

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2259 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 11:16 PM »
check Edifier brand of pc speakers.

thank you sir! I'm also considering the Dai-ichi/Wharfedale/US audio setup (2.1 or subwoofer only with my still working satellites). Recommended ba sila for PC use? Naisip ko rin kasi na iconsider to para pwede ko gamitin kahit sa TV namin. Would it be a better choice than going with PC speakers lang (edifier). And I feel that  mas sulit ang investment sa mga ganoong setup plus it's more powerful at maganda talaga output. I guess wala naman silang 3.5mm connection so I have to use a converter.

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2260 on: Oct 06, 2013 at 02:54 AM »
I agree with you not all bose are bad. presyo lng kc problema ng bose, there are some models of bose that could easily beat other good brand of speakers in terms of sounding performance but I can assure you the price of that bose is a sky high. the only thing I don't understand  is "the price", and subject of this thread is speaker recommendation, so for me, why not give the guy a true info. I don't mean to offend those bose owners, me myself got bose pc speaker   ;D. even here where I am now, hifi stores don't sell bose you can see them in department stores, I have ask the agents before they said straight  to my face that they are crap for the price. as they said as soon as customers started to auditioned decent brand of speakers the bose is no where to find in their mouth, which is true, before I bought my home theatre most forum sites didn't recommend the bose as they said too pricey.

based on my previous systems i had bose am5, upgraded it with vcs 30, then went to bose 402 pro, then went to bose headphones, then bose premium laptop speakers, then bought a bose portable. i also bought a soundlink mini pero decided to return it back to jbhifi and bought an audio dongle sa target to upgrade my bose portable eto nalang natira sa lahat ng bose na nabili ko for the past 17 years of using bose products.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

but dont get me wrong hindi din nmn ako pure bose products right now i still have my jbl control now for my ht and euros 8 towers for other alternative audio listening.

back to the subject i will recomend bose though cguro dahil its the most natural sounding for a compact and beautiful designed system. i wont say its the best coz most average listener would buy a speaker based on what  sounded good in their ears and not on what they read on the specs, sure a speaker company would say our system could reach from 18hz to 30khz. and cost thousand of dollars yet pag pinakinggan mo its sounded the same as a 20hz to 20khz speaker. limited lang nmn ang hearing abilty ng tao and we buy those speaker based on our budget and taste. kung kaya ng budget then go for the best.

about bose, theres a lot of things to consider when you buy them here are my examples based on my previous bose systems:

acoustimas 5 series 3 - you need a good strong amp to drive these speakers, at a good equalization para ma timpla ng husto ang tone. bass module is a pain when positioning dahil sa cables pero good non localization ng bass.

vcs 30- eto yung may vcs10 na center speaker at modell 100 na surrounds, dont even bother buying this maganda pa tunog ng tv dito. pangalan or badge lang ng bose to para masabi na kumplete bose system.

bose 402- bitin sa bass at kailangan ng system control para equalize ang tono at expensive. pero kung sa small compact PA system panalo to like pang party outdoor with minimal coverage area oks na oks sya.

bose headphone around ear. good SQ pero again expensive.

bose premium lap top speakers - big sound for a compact two pc speaker system. yung technology used is similar to a bass radiator. good bass limited soundstage nga lang. pero what do you expect from a laptop speaker syempre closerange listening lang.

soundlink mini- dahil sa bluetooth binili ko to pero sinoli ko rin, buti nlng sa jbhifi sa australia okay lang ibalik pag hindi satisfy sa producto nila protected ang consumer. binalik ko sya kse para lang siyang yung premium laptop speaker, using bass radiators. limited lang ang soundstage hindi pa ganun ka lakas. goodthing lang is rechargeable. pero im not happy with the features at power wala rin remote.

bose portable- buti nlng may nabibiling audio dongle ayun. naupgrade ko to to bluetooth. eto okay kasi kahit outdoor okay ang bass reponse at SQ. though its not that the best pero sa power at clarity okay na ako dito. the technology is similar sa foldedhorn subwoofers. parang yung sa mga cerwin vega el36 kung familiar kayo run. extending the diaphram ng ilang feet to give that long throw bass. ang twag namang ng bose dito waveguide.

base lang naman yan sa mga na expirience ko sa bose may pros and cons pero so far im satisfied naman. mahal lang.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline Jingo

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • If you found love, you've found music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2261 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 04:27 PM »
Guys, which one is better, Wharfedale 10.2 or Tannoy Mercury V1? I think both have the same price range. Thanks
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #2262 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 04:40 PM »
Guys, which one is better, Wharfedale 10.2 or Tannoy Mercury V1? I think both have the same price range. Thanks

Factors to consider:
1. Audio or HT?
2. What is amplifier brand?
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 04:40 PM by CoolTOYZ »
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline Jingo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2263 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 04:57 PM »
Factors to consider:
1. Audio or HT?
2. What is amplifier brand?

Hi, I'd like to set them up with Dayton Audio DTA 100-a T-Amp, this is basically for both music and movies. I have my Mac mini in place with a 39inch Devant LED TV. Using PLEX as a Media Center. I have an old pro-logic Pioneer AV Receiver as well. Thanks. Will set this up in the living room. A not so big area where 5.1 speakers is impractical.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 04:58 PM by go2mac »
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2264 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 05:24 PM »
Hi, I'd like to set them up with Dayton Audio DTA 100-a T-Amp, this is basically for both music and movies. I have my Mac mini in place with a 39inch Devant LED TV. Using PLEX as a Media Center. I have an old pro-logic Pioneer AV Receiver as well. Thanks. Will set this up in the living room. A not so big area where 5.1 speakers is impractical.

if you like both speakers you may want to look for other amplifiers,86db lang kasi sensitivity nila and they need higher wattage amp to drive them properly,tutunog naman yan kaya lang baka hindi "match" yung speakers and amp,kung hindi ka critical listener and ang gusto mo ay yung madinig mo lang yung audio ok na yan.kung meron ka na nung DTA-100A bring it to the store para ma audition mo yung mga speakers tutal maliit lang naman yan pwedeng pwede bitbitin kahit saan. nagkaroon na ako ng DTA-100a before and i paired it to a 89db speaker ok naman yung tunog para sa akin maganda pero nung nasubukan ko kasi ibang amp sa speakers ko doon ko napansin na mas match pala sya sa higher wattage amp mas lumitaw yung low freq at hindi ko na kailangang itodo ang volume.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #2265 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 06:24 PM »
Master Rochie +1
if you like both speakers you may want to look for other amplifiers,86db lang kasi sensitivity nila and they need higher wattage amp to drive them properly,tutunog naman yan kaya lang baka hindi "match" yung speakers and amp,kung hindi ka critical listener and ang gusto mo ay yung madinig mo lang yung audio ok na yan.kung meron ka na nung DTA-100A bring it to the store para ma audition mo yung mga speakers tutal maliit lang naman yan pwedeng pwede bitbitin kahit saan. nagkaroon na ako ng DTA-100a before and i paired it to a 89db speaker ok naman yung tunog para sa akin maganda pero nung nasubukan ko kasi ibang amp sa speakers ko doon ko napansin na mas match pala sya sa higher wattage amp mas lumitaw yung low freq at hindi ko na kailangang itodo ang volume.
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline Jingo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2266 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 06:54 PM »

Thanks a lot for the reply. May I know which accepts auditions. Sights & Sounds? I'm not familiar with amps, I know T-Amps (Lepai) and AV receivers only.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 at 06:56 PM by go2mac »

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2267 on: Oct 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM »
Most a/v stores accepts audition,call them first to confirm if you can bring your own amp.check the marketplace theres a lot of cheap solidstate amp that is on sale.

Offline Jingo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2268 on: Oct 19, 2013 at 06:42 PM »
Thanks for the tip. How do I know if they're solid state amp? Thanks for the patience.

Ah, got it, solid state are not tube amps.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013 at 06:43 PM by go2mac »

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2269 on: Oct 19, 2013 at 07:42 PM »
I was able to power a Wharfedale 10.1 with a 20watt T-amp (Topping TP22) with great success. It was enough to fill the room and sounded clean.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline exaltedgamer

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2270 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 02:14 AM »
Hi All,

Need some advise naman po while I'm reading narin.

Galing po ito sa post ko: http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,184781.msg2010928.html#msg2010928

My budget would range from 30k - 50k. I'm also open to pre-owned hardware systems as long as the items are in very good condition and mejo bago pa :)

AVR that I might check:

Yamaha RX375 = 17k
Pioneer VSX523 = 16,990

or

Yamaha RX475 = 23k (Yamaha RX575 = 25k 7.2) ok kaya yung 2k na upgrade?
Pioneer VSX823 = 24,990

Are there other brands on the same price range? Anong Speakers kaya ang bagay dito?

Once I have selected yung speakers then off to audition!
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline exaltedgamer

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2271 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 06:06 PM »
Here's an update for my option:

Yamaha V375 = 17,700
Wharfedale DIAMOND 10 HCP = 20,900

or a bit higher on speakers:

Onkyo TXNR313 =
Polk Audio RTi A1 = 12,800
Polk Audio CSi A4 = 11,000
Wharfedale DIAMOND 10 DFS 2-Way 4 = 5,400
Polk Audio PSW110 10 = 11,000

Try ko to ngayon sa Sights and Sounds.

Meron pa bang mas bang for the buck dito for Movies and gaming?

RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline julwin

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2272 on: Nov 02, 2013 at 01:13 AM »
hi guys what are the difference between the local brand of speakers to other imported or well known speakers . . like konzert, crown, daiichi vs kevler, phonic etc. . tnxx

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2273 on: Nov 02, 2013 at 07:47 AM »
hi guys what are the difference between the local brand of speakers to other imported or well known speakers . . like konzert, crown, daiichi vs kevler, phonic etc. . tnxx

The difference will rely on your ears and your preference.

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2274 on: Nov 02, 2013 at 07:48 AM »
Imported brands may have had more R&D backing them up.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline julwin

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2275 on: Nov 02, 2013 at 11:52 PM »
iam going to buy kevler eon passive . . . is this speKER is good tnxxx . . . cheers

Offline red_one

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2276 on: Nov 06, 2013 at 09:29 AM »
guys, will it be an upgrade if i change my current speakers MA Bronze B2 to the latest MA Bronze BX2? or negligible ang sound difference so keep the B2?

thanks for the help.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2277 on: Nov 06, 2013 at 11:50 AM »
^ if you are going for an upgrade, go for silver instead to hear a significant difference.

Offline red_one

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2278 on: Nov 06, 2013 at 01:09 PM »
@sientobente: i see. ipon muna for Rx series.

Offline chicosci

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #2279 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 09:18 PM »
Hi experts,

What speaker can you recommend to match with a vintage pioneer 626 receiver? Budget should be around 10-15k max but preferably lower than 10k if there are any that will match my receiver. This will be just a 2.0 setup.

Thank you.