Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Limited Collector's Edition) - Feb. 6, 2007  (Read 2600 times)

Offline BaD_BURN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Overworked and underpaid
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
On February 6, 2007, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set) on DVD. The double dip will delve further into the Final Fantasy VII legacy with tons of bonus materials and extra features. The set will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $49.95.

The Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Limited Edition Collector's Set) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

-Ten collectible postcards
-English movie script
-Biographical character booklet
-Reminiscence of FINAL FANTASY VII Story Digest
-FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN: Venice Film Festival Footage
-Sneak Peek of Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games
-Trailers
-Deleted Scenes
-The Distance: Making-of Featurette with All New English Voice Cast Interviews
-Anime Feature: Last Order FINAL FANTASY VII

Should be worth the double dip, if only for the inclusion of Last Order. ;D Cover artwork is pretty minimalistic but shouldn't be an issue if you're a fan. I know I am. ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
now this is why i haven't bought any copies yet. you posted this also in the r3 thread. what region is this really  :-\

--

ok, found it in amazon. hope they release more pics soon  :D  found in wikipedia,

At the Tokyo Game Show 2006, Square Enix showed a trailer of a director's cut of the movie, titled Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete for release on the Blu-ray disc format. New scenes will be added to the movie, including one where Sephiroth impales Cloud with his sword and then lifts his body up into the air. The movie will also benefit from high-definition video and audio that the Blu-ray format offers. However, only a Japanese release has been confirmed so far, but is likely to be released elsewhere if the popularity of the Blu-ray format continues to grow. The cut will be released in mid 2007.
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006 at 02:19 AM by RNIverson »

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Overworked and underpaid
  • Liked:
Sorry, sorry! :D Region 1 po. I'm not sure if this will be released in R3 but just thought I'd post it in both threads.

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
interested in seeing the anime feature Last Order. Already have the initial release. guess it would depend on my wallet's condition if i will double dip on this title  ;D

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
>:( another version >:(, will double dip on this one... ;D ;D ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Nice news...I'm keen on this release :)

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
Correct me if I'm wrong but in my understanding of RNIverson's post, extended ed will be avail only in blu-ray as the title suggests, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete. If it's true, then this version is not the extended one, but same cut as previously released with added extra?

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Yep, as per RNIverson's post, it's a HD to be released on the BD & it mentioned "New scenes will be added to the movie" thus with the word "complete" in its title. Tho if it's available in HD-DVD too will be nice  ;D

I guess most collectors are keen on the LE mentioned by BaD_BURN's post. :)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
got an email from amazon that it's already for preorder, to be released on february 20. i'm trying real hard to resist on this LE  :P

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
I already pre-ordered mine. I don't have any previous copy yet.  ;)
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.