Author Topic: Brothers & Sisters  (Read 1071 times)

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Brothers & Sisters
« on: Dec 31, 2006 at 02:15 AM »
Anybody here watching this show? It's an adult family drama that is part Once and Again (but less depressing) and part Six Feet Under (less graphic and controversial). I've watched all the episodes this holiday break and I am completely hooked. This show has probably the best ensemble acting on Tv right now.

I love the new shows this current season. Last year was somewhat blahhh. I am already hooked to 2 other new shows (Ugly Betty and Friday Night Lights). I also like Studio 60 but I 've only seen the pilot. And I think among the 4 shows, Studio 60's the best. But I haven't seen other episodes other than the pilot. 
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:46 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Re: Brothers and Sisters
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 05:00 PM »
Count me in as another fan. Wasn't eager to check this out (given the drama behind the scenes) but once I heard Greg Berlanti was on board, gave it a shot. Sally Field knocks it out of the park in every episode and the ensemble is already that good. Surprisingly, Calista wasn't annoying. The show stands out if it does not take its politics too seriously (like the Northern Exposure episode).
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 03:41 PM »
Beautiful series! I end up crying everytime because it's very familiar and very touching. It makes me miss family gatherings. ;D Studio 23 is supposedly bringing it to local TV. Sally Field should be on TV shows often.

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM »
Beautiful series! I end up crying everytime because it's very familiar and very touching. It makes me miss family gatherings. ;D Studio 23 is supposedly bringing it to local TV. Sally Field should be on TV shows often.

Me too. I come from a big family and can totally relate. My 2 brothers were former addicts and it has been 3 years since my Dad passed. I've been recommending it to my friends and residents at the hospital.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 06:13 AM »
I liked what Sally Field said about the show:

"You love them, you hate them. You want to get away from them and then you're completely drawn back to them. They're where you go when anything is wrong. You really want to talk to them and, when they call on the phone, they're the last people on earth you want to talk to. All the other television shows are about, you know, the friends who come together and form a family. Or the coworkers who come together and form a family. But we haven't seen in a very long time a show that really is about how complicated family really is."

Tama siya. ;)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 12:27 PM »
Another Everwood cast member will join Brothers & Sisters. Click the article to find out who.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:48 PM »
Sally Field knocks it out of the park in every episode and the ensemble is already that good.

She used to annoy me in everything I knew her from - Smokey and the Bandit, Steel Magnolias, Punchline, Forrest Gump, Gidget... even Norma Rae.

But watching her on this series?

I like her. I really, really like her.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:52 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Brothers & Sisters
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM »
First they mostly got rid of Balthazar Getty. Then Rob Lowe quit. And now Calista Flockhart is "scaling back her workload"?

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/26/is-brothers-sisters-losing-calista-flockhart/

I have a feeling the vultures will soon be circling this show...
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...