Author Topic: Links to All R3 Disney DVD Discussions  (Read 17787 times)

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Re: Links to All R3 Disney DVD Discussions
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009 at 08:44 AM »
fixed most of the links na, had a little too much time in my hands  ;D

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 04:10 PM »
Why is it taking Viva so long to markdown
Pinnochio, Mary Poppins & Bolt  >:(

Offline john_jeopardy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 06:35 PM »
^ oo nga, ako hindi na nakatiis at binili ang Pinocchio, pero di na ulit ako bibigay for MAry Poppins at Bolt. ang Oliver and COmpany ba marked down na ? Mukhang it's a title no one cares about.  :D :D

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:08 AM »
Finally!!!! Pinocchio & Mary Poppins for php375 at the Mega Sale!!  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #34 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:57 PM »
Finally!!!! Pinocchio & Mary Poppins for php375 at the Mega Sale!!  ;D

Megasale where? Megamall?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 02:48 PM »
^ yes, until today nalang.

Bolt & Quantum of Solace is also down @ 375 ;)

Offline McBeeper23

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 09:16 AM »
Last week of August at Astro Robinsons Ermita, Disney movies were sold at P350, buy-1-take-1!  :D

Last weekend at Astro SM Makati, the same promo!  ;)

But now, everywhere, Disney titles are just at P299!  :o

Offline eli71724

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM »
guys any idea about the R3 release of Disney's A Christmas Carol? the R1 will be released on Nov 16 2010, both dvd and bluray. any idea if we will get the same release date? anyone from viva here?thanks a lot!

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2011 at 09:06 PM »
Random gripes:

Lately, Viva's Disney titles are going downhill.   No problem with the disc themselves, they still seems to be imported.   But if you want first adopters to pay full price, you gotta reward them with something.

• No Slipcases:  The Php 375 DVD-to-Avoid (not Disney titles - see separate stickied thread) gets slipcases, but Disney recent titles like Fantasia and Bambi were not (at least not where I'd been).   No incentive now to pay full price.   So for the record, I skipped over the the titles above where before I would have scooped it up without thinking...
  • Bambi is one-disc?
  • Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 is split into two separate releases, unlike in the US.
  • Secretariat is still MIA, one month or so after the US release...
  • 'JustMovie' editions seems to be more prevalent now than full featured DVD...

Whatever happened to the Viva of old, where they even released Snow White VCD in tin cans...
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2011 at 09:07 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM »
C-Interactive is actually better now quality wise.  ;D

Offline JhOpZzZz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM »
Random gripes:

Lately, Viva's Disney titles are going downhill.   No problem with the disc themselves, they still seems to be imported.   But if you want first adopters to pay full price, you gotta reward them with something.

• No Slipcases:  The Php 375 DVD-to-Avoid (not Disney titles - see separate stickied thread) gets slipcases, but Disney recent titles like Fantasia and Bambi were not (at least not where I'd been).   No incentive now to pay full price.   So for the record, I skipped over the the titles above where before I would have scooped it up without thinking...
  • Bambi is one-disc?
  • Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 is split into two separate releases, unlike in the US.
  • Secretariat is still MIA, one month or so after the US release...
  • 'JustMovie' editions seems to be more prevalent now than full featured DVD...

Whatever happened to the Viva of old, where they even released Snow White VCD in tin cans...

I've seen a "Just Movie Version" for the DVD of Tangled. Barat ang Disney sa Bonus features ng Tangled. As much as I love the movie, the lack of special features(aside from the just movie copy, you can buy a DVD of it with one bonus feature which is alternate openings) turns me off to buy the DVD. It also forces me to buy a PS3 as my Blu-ray player and buy a Blu-ray copy of it.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM by JhOpZzZz »

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #41 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 07:18 AM »
^  Unfortunately, that's the trend nowadays. The best special features are becoming "Blu-Ray Exclusives".

Offline grayguwapo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
*Sigh* Seems Viva has been slow to release (or re-release) disney titles.  Aside from this, I have to agree that the quality in terms of appearance seems degraded.  There are barely no slip cases in most releases and features are not as much to say it's worth it to buy at full price.  I hope Viva does something about this... here's hoping...

On a side note... does anyone know if they'll be re-releasing classic oldies like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Pocahontas, and other classics special editions? Lion King should be coming out in September / October (in the US) with the Diamond Edition if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers!

Offline JhOpZzZz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 08:33 PM »
For the new release DVDs from Disney, Disney has been reducing the amount of BONUS FEATURES on their DVD releases.

As for the Diamond Editions, I bought the Diamond Edition of Beauty and the Beast and it's a 2-disc DVD. But sadly, you can see the degrading quality of its appearance on the casing and the DVD itself and VIVA not including DVD guides on it. You really have to wait and see what Disney's plans are as the American Movie industry focuses on Blu-ray and DVDs while the Philippines is still far behind. Considering we still sell VCD movies while other countries don't.

Sorry for being off topic though.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011 at 08:35 PM by JhOpZzZz »

Offline grayguwapo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:24 AM »
For the new release DVDs from Disney, Disney has been reducing the amount of BONUS FEATURES on their DVD releases.

As for the Diamond Editions, I bought the Diamond Edition of Beauty and the Beast and it's a 2-disc DVD. But sadly, you can see the degrading quality of its appearance on the casing and the DVD itself and VIVA not including DVD guides on it. You really have to wait and see what Disney's plans are as the American Movie industry focuses on Blu-ray and DVDs while the Philippines is still far behind. Considering we still sell VCD movies while other countries don't.

Sorry for being off topic though.

Agree! I got the same DVD, the slip case was good but it's true that the quality has somewhat degraded. I even got the Beauty and the Beast box set (despite having the diamond edition, it was on sale for 750) but sadly, as much as the art was nice, that's just about it for that box set. And yes, no DVD guide. I think the last Disney DVD I have that has the guide is Tarzan if I recall correctly. I wish they'd put more effort in their releases.