Author Topic: Hi I need help....  (Read 3698 times)

Offline jeace10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Wassup
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi I need help....
« on: Jan 06, 2007 at 04:44 AM »
Hi guys

good day to all im new here and im not sure if this is the right place to post it here

newyz.

I would like to ask how you guys keep your dvd collection....
 what do u do?
 where do u buy those cbinets or u ask carpenters to create it.

Offline ev

• Collector
  • wazzupinin?
  • Liked:
Re: Hi I need help....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 10:30 AM »
This is just my opinion:

If you have a big collection maybe around 100 and above, and with future expansion, I suggest you build your own dvd cabinet or rack. Just measure the height and depth of a dvd case and remember to place some additional free space(around 1 to 2 inches sa depth and height.) You can use 3/4" ordinary plywood or the more expensive melamine boards. What I do to save is I used ordinary 3/4" plywood and placed a formica board with it to give a smooth finish and easy maintenance and cleaning. There are many different formica colors and designs to choose from (like plain white, wood-stain, marbe finish, etc.) But if you have money to burn use melamine boards. its much nicer and cleaner in form. There are many melamine cabinet installers available thru reputable contractors.

Additional suggestion is you can include a clear glass swingdoor w/ magnetic closing mechanism( with or without locks) to cover your collection from prying hands and dust.

If you have a small collection like 100 or less and you dont want to expand your collection na, just buy ready-made dvd racks that are available in any home and furnishing store.

Just my suggestion :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
I agree with ev. Previously when my collection reached above 200+ then only I seriously considered a customized cabinet & that alone took me som etime to save up due to the high cost.  :'( Prior to that I just stuffed all of them either in my closet or wardrobe & some in those ready-made dvd racks as pointed out by ev :)

Here's some of my DVD cabinets:

To see the rest of my collection cabinets pics:

http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2522&start=0

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose IƱigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2007 at 06:59 PM »
get a cabinet from DVD_RACK_MASTER at the marketplace... racks are very nice

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2007 at 08:16 PM »
plan for expansion... estimate how many you will be buying per month or year.  since I knew I was going to hit 1000 dvds, I had custom cabinets made 2pcs, 3meters long each, 3 shelves high, each 3m cabinet can accomodate 600-700+ discs...a total capacity of about 1400 discs.  the 2 cabinets were dirt cheap  (probably 8k-9k total).  I had them made in one of those shops along the side roads that make el-cheapo wooden bed frames, cabinets.  don't expect superior quality for that price.

however once again.  once you hit these many discs (I am at 600 dvds orig, 400 f*kes), you will have a new problem...fungus on the discs (and you don't even get to watch those discs more than once typically)... sometimes ants decide to nest in the cases...dust...  so I have started moving the discs, clean them, put them in P1.00 sleeves, then in P88.00 plastic boxes that can handle about 120 discs easily....I'll then put those plastic boxes in a dehumidifier cabinet.  recently I have slowed down...and will probably be more selective in my purchases (aka  which titles would I want to watch every now and then)...

...so...plan  ;D

Hi guys

good day to all im new here and im not sure if this is the right place to post it here

newyz.

I would like to ask how you guys keep your dvd collection....
 what do u do?
 where do u buy those cbinets or u ask carpenters to create it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 at 05:44 PM by ericag_ph »