Author Topic: newbie on buying LCD TV  (Read 1310 times)

Offline public_enemy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
newbie on buying LCD TV
« on: Jan 12, 2007 at 12:58 AM »
mga tech guru's. I'm thinking of buying a 32 inch LCD TV. ano ba ang marerecomend nyo. i saw several samsung models LA32R71B (P99,900) with free 29 inch CRT TV & LA32S71B (P79,000) with free 21 inch CRT TV. nakaka inganyo tuloy bumili dahil zero interest pa for 24 months. whats the catch on this items. what brand & model ba ang ok?

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
Re: newbie on buying LCD TV
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 12:18 PM »
No catch, it's a promo, and Samsung's offer is probably the most attractive.
I got the LA40R71B with "free" 20" LCD TV and HTIB at P177K last August.
However, compare the local prices with the Internet/USA prices, and the newer 1080p capable models.
Oh, one more thing, if you have a Playstation or XBox with a traditional light gun, these won't work on non-CRT TVs.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 02:25 PM »
mga tech guru's. I'm thinking of buying a 32 inch LCD TV. ano ba ang marerecomend nyo. i saw several samsung models LA32R71B (P99,900) with free 29 inch CRT TV & LA32S71B (P79,000) with free 21 inch CRT TV. nakaka inganyo tuloy bumili dahil zero interest pa for 24 months. whats the catch on this items. what brand & model ba ang ok?

samsung has one of the best packages and priced lcd's in the phil. market. their prices dont differ widely from international prices(after you subtract the freebie stuff), unlike the other brands.

a 2nd choice would be hitachi and toshiba models that arent sold at inflated prices in electronic stores.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007 at 10:07 PM »
Mga Sir (sa mga owner)  help naman po...okay ba yung Samsung LCD TV LA32R71B? Picture quality, features, and durability?

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007 at 10:33 AM »
LA32S71... ok naman po... Had it since October....

I'm satisfied with it...  :D

Sana lang 2 HDMi input..... ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2007 at 03:21 PM »
Sir I got the 32R71, for me its very nice PQ quite good, Audio is ok too. I got this like 6 months ago and the package includes:
1. Trade in of my old 21 inch sony for 10 thousand pesos. (I dont think they offer this anymore, They were getting trade ins for working and nonworking TV)
2. Free hometheather (the one they package with this), the 5000 pesos is already included in my price
So I got it at 89,900 at 24 months to pay, I cant complain.. Actually not really gonna buy a HDtv but this package was too good to pass up for me anyways..
The only thing I regret is sana I got the 40 inch but its too much for me, Twice the price of 32 inch. Also there are some flickering issues im encountering in my R71, check the other threads they mention it, but to me its a small issue, not really a big deal.
My dream Lcd is still a sony but cant afford it. Check out also the listening group of companies they really lowered the prices of the toshiba lcds. I think 42 inch at 115 thou

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
Thank u sir for some info...There's also a 32"JVC LT Z32EX6 similarly priced with samsung 32R71B but has no promo offer. I don't know how would it fare with samsung's 32"

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2007 at 09:59 PM »
here's my 2cents,  you're already a step ahead by asking people their experiences on the units, most important is your personal appreciation of the panel's pq, each manufacturer has their own strengths and weaknesses, you have to know which one is your own preference to have.

bring a demo disc (always play the same scene from your dvd title that you are very familiar with) to compare how it comes out of the panel, (remember to take note if it is played back directly to the unit, what connection they have  and if it's a 10 or 12 bit player they are using, you can always request a side by side demo)

in the end it will be you who will decide, if you feel any hesitation on the set, walk away and come back when all your questions are answered.

good luck

p.s. dont equate price with quality...it's not absolute
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"