Author Topic: Mundorf Capacitors  (Read 21798 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: Mundorf CAPs: materials vs. capacitance
« Reply #60 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 02:57 AM »
I tried using this for my tweeters for my car audio. Very good caps, it made my highs very clear and detailed but not bright. I would describe it as a wider freq range for my tweeter. Just sharing

sir, did you directly replace the cap on the crossover? i am using a focal polyglass 165v2 seps and wanted to tame the tweets a 'lil bit. do you think a mundorf supreme will improve it?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:07 AM »
Mine doesnt have a crossover, only a regular capacitor along the line of the tweeter. Try out different values also.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #62 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 11:02 AM »
Mine doesnt have a crossover, only a regular capacitor along the line of the tweeter. Try out different values also.

ok, thanks.

the cap in the crossover box has a similar looks of the Mundorf. maybe focal or jm labs are using mundorf din sa speakers nila ;D

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 05:39 PM »
Im using Peerless raw drivers that is why it doesnt have its own crossover. Im using 2.2 Mundorf but before installing it, I also tried the 3.3 auricaps but I prefer the sound of the Mundorf.

Offline j0hans0n

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • _____ally-challenged =|
  • Liked:
Re: Mundorf Capacitors
« Reply #64 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 03:09 PM »
Im using Peerless raw drivers that is why it doesnt have its own crossover. Im using 2.2 Mundorf but before installing it, I also tried the 3.3 auricaps but I prefer the sound of the Mundorf.

so, 1st order crossover type ang setup nito? :D

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #65 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 02:03 AM »
Dear Noel,

Burn-in is recommended as follows:

MCap        - 192hrs
SUPREME     – 168hrs
silver/oil  – 240hrs
silver/gold – 168hrs

Or (for professionals only) 2-3 days at 230VAC / 4-5 days 110VAC.

[ VAC-burn-in may course an electric shock/electrocution!

So it has to be done carefully by an electrician only! ]

Best regards,
Mirko

Oh nice. This will definitely be a quicker, and more thorough way. :D And we can compare measurements between fully burned-in and fresh caps.

I personally put caps on my home's electricals for power factor correction. But yes, the cap can electocute after taking it out because it has a sufficient amount of energy stored to make an itsy-bitsy weld (you can melt the tip of a screwdriver or coin with a cap big enough).

Offline fishda

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #66 on: Sep 22, 2023 at 02:34 AM »
Sorry to bring up a very old thread. I just want to share my experience with the mundorf caps i've installed on my 3030is.

At first i was hesitant to have this mod as i did not know of anyone who can do it for me and was afraid of ruining the overall sound of my speakers. So i did a back read of the feedbacks here in pdvd and found that all have have given positive reviews when they had their mods either on their source, amps, and speakers.

I wanted to also mod my speakers as i really didn't like its mids. It sounded thin to me as compared to my denton 80th speakers. I wanted the mids to be lush and full sounding. I really didn't know what i was up to as i don't anything about the effects of changing speaker parts. But i still went ahead with my project as i didn't really want to give up on the 3030is.

I had the mundorf mcaps installed 2 weeks ago. When i first got them i was expecting that they'll sound off/bad as i've read that these needed to be burned in for 100+ hours. On my first few hours of listening i got really scared as the overall sound was still thin. I just kept burning them in for a week as advised on the forums. This week i could now positively say that these speakers will hold me off from buying new speakers for quite some time. The 3030i now has more textured and extended lows, clearer highs and best of all thicker and luscious mids.

I'm definitely happy with this mod and will also do the same for the other speakers that i will purchase in the future.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #67 on: Jan 10, 2024 at 09:16 AM »
i have Mcap evo installed in my Set amp. plano ko sanang i upgrade sa Supreme. will it make a big difference in sound? tia.