Author Topic: LCD TV and cable TV reception  (Read 3257 times)

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LCD TV and cable TV reception
« on: Feb 02, 2007 at 08:34 AM »
For those of you with 32" LCD TV or any size, how's the regular cable TV reception?

Offline rok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: LCD TV and cable TV reception
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007 at 08:11 PM »
ok naman sya lalo na nung ginamitan ko cable amplifier btw sky cable silver gamit ko on a 32" samsung lcdtv.

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007 at 10:26 AM »
ok naman sya lalo na nung ginamitan ko cable amplifier btw sky cable silver gamit ko on a 32" samsung lcdtv.

ano yan cable amplifier?

Offline rok

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007 at 02:51 PM »
pampalakas ng cable signal, punta ka raon dami nyan 3 output 250 pesos 4 output 400 pesos only. ;)

Offline motion55

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2007 at 12:27 PM »
I have a Sony Bravia 32S200A LCDTV on SkyCable Gold. The PQ is better than an ordinary CRT TV for sure. The Bravia engine seems to clean up the signal some.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM »
hi guys!

i'm also thinking into upgrading my 25" CRT into an LCD tv. I talked to my sis in Australia who has an LCD tv and she said that if I plan to use the LCD to watch cable tv, it might not be a good idea. While I do watch a lot of regular dvds (no hd yet), I mostly use my tv to watch cable tv.

I looked at the posts above and note that at least 2 users have said that cable tv viewing on lcd tv is equal to or even better than crt.

Any other views? Have our cable tv signals gone digital without my knowledge? :)
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Jett

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2007 at 12:26 PM »

I also watch a lot of TV and this was my major concern as well. Like you, I previously had a Sony 25" TV. Did a lot of asking here in PinoyDVD. A couple of members (switi and SpaceMan Spiff) recommended the Philis 32PF7321. Switi in particular had the Samsung S71 and knew someone who had the Sony V200. He said cable TV quality was not that good on the Samung and Sony. With these recommendations, I decided to buy the Philips.

Unlike a lot of people here, I'm on Destiny Cable. The quality depends on the channel. Among the local channels, GMA is the clearest. On cable channels - ETC, HBO, CNN are also clear. Other channels such as PBO (Pinoy Box Office) were not that clear - I noticed that interlace lines (but then again, that channel was not that good on my standard TV as well). What was a real surprise for me was the Cartoon Channel. I noticed a lot of aliasing (jagged lines). The other cartoon channels (Disney) looked fine.

Again this may be because of my cable connection. I have mine "shared" (hehehe) with a couple of other TVs so signal may be degraded. I might consider getting that booster thing.

To summarize, I don't find it as good as using a standard CRT TV but it's good enough for me.

Offline jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 04:53 PM »
hello, any of you guys have experience using LCD tv and dream tv? Hows the PQ? Im planning to purchase a samsung 32r71 or better (if the price is within range) to replace my decade old JVC 32" tv. Wala po cable dito sa amin, hindi daw feasible kasi wala subscriber  ;D . Will use it as tv only and paminsan-mainsan siguro sa mga DVD's.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2007 at 12:29 AM »
hi again,

i was able to watch cable tv in tagaytay (not sure what their cable provider is) with a samsung lcd tv (not sure of the model, but i'm guessing fairly recent, as the place where i watched it opened late last year lang). picture quality wasn't good. it felt blurred or something. like there's a plastic layer over the lcd screen.

anyway, this put a bit of a damper on my plans to replace my crt with an lcd by the end of this year. any chance i can blame it on tagaytay's cable company?

also, do any of you guys have digibox from skycable? does 'digi' there stand for digital? will it make signal better?

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2007 at 11:15 AM »
definitely, it's from the cable provider.  I have a 32R81 and skycable gold subscription.  Picture quality is clear to very clear on almost all channels.  I would say, much better than VCD quality.  I only have occassional problem with some sports programs wherein pixelization appears.  But I would say cable viewing on my LCD is better compared to the CRT is replaced.

hi again,

i was able to watch cable tv in tagaytay (not sure what their cable provider is) with a samsung lcd tv (not sure of the model, but i'm guessing fairly recent, as the place where i watched it opened late last year lang). picture quality wasn't good. it felt blurred or something. like there's a plastic layer over the lcd screen.

anyway, this put a bit of a damper on my plans to replace my crt with an lcd by the end of this year. any chance i can blame it on tagaytay's cable company?

also, do any of you guys have digibox from skycable? does 'digi' there stand for digital? will it make signal better?

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2007 at 12:14 PM »
I have a Plasma and that is also my concern. Although some channels naman ok na din yung reception. Was thinking of getting myself the Skycable box but a friend told me it did not make a big difference sa kanya.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007 at 12:14 PM by vtec3 »

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2007 at 04:19 PM »
i own a samsung and sony lcd, ok naman reception, just turn on yung dnie nila.  before kala ko pangit, pinaayos ko sa skycable yung mga cables (may maluwag lang pa lang connector) luminaw din sya.  meron lang mga ghosting (trailing images) on some channels like those of Star channels.  May napansin lang din ako, if I tune in to a channel on my sony (primary cable connection), then i-try ko on the same channel on my samsung, panget yung result sa samsung.  pero kung magkaiba naman, ok lang.  any idea how to solve it?