Author Topic: VGA signal booster  (Read 1884 times)

Offline parak

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
VGA signal booster
« on: Feb 06, 2007 at 01:32 PM »
Hi,

Currently yung PC ko nakakabit sa HDTV with a 15 meter cable. Unfortunately, medyo may konting shadow yung picture kasi yata sobrang haba cable ko kaya may signal loss. Meron ba nabibili na signal booster locally? And will this help my problem?

Thanks!

Offline ericag_ph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: VGA signal booster
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007 at 11:05 PM »
Hmm, this isn't an ideal solution... try using two VGA cables instead of one long one, and in between the two cables use a 4 port or 8 port VGA splitter (probably around Peso2K at ACE hardware)  The splitter (accepts VGA output of a PC then outputs to 4 or 8 VGA other monitors attached to it, you only need one port of course).  The splitter is a signal booster of sorts.  It might work... if not, return to ACE and exchange for some other item  ;D

Try also monoprice.com and see if they have something there.

Before doing any of the above, I would try a shorter [1.5 meter] cable, just in case it's not the length of cable that is causing your problem (problem could be the video source disc, PC card (resolution/refresh rate/graphics driver), or the TV, and not the 15 meter long cable).

Hi,

Currently yung PC ko nakakabit sa HDTV with a 15 meter cable. Unfortunately, medyo may konting shadow yung picture kasi yata sobrang haba cable ko kaya may signal loss. Meron ba nabibili na signal booster locally? And will this help my problem?

Thanks!