Author Topic: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - October 2, 2007 on DVD/Blu-ray  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Fox announced that it will release the sequel film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer on DVD and high-definition Blu-ray disc on Oct. 2.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer—The Power Cosmic Edition is a two-disc DVD with hours of exclusive content, including deleted scenes, a full-length "making-of" documentary, multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes, commentaries and more. It carries a suggested retail price of $34.98.

Fox Home Entertainment will also release a single-disc version of the movie with a suggested retail price of $29.98.

Source: SciFi.Com

Artwork to follow.
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2007 at 12:40 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I wish the 2 disc will include a comic book with lenticular slip case. :)

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1246
from DVD Times:

F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (R1) in October 

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer on 2nd October 2007. The world’s premiere superhero team, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

Available in single-disc ($29.98 SRP) and double-disc ($34.98 SRP) editions features are detailed below…

The single-disc release will be presented on a flipper disc featuring both widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) and full screen versions of the film plus English 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish / French Dolby Surround audio with English, Spanish and French subtitles. DVD bonus features include:

Commentary by director Tim Story
    Commentary by producer Avi Arad, writer Don Payne and film editors Peter S. Elliot and William Hoy

In addition to the above single-disc content, the two-disc “Power Cosmic Edition” will include:

Extended / Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary by director Tim Story)
    Family Bonds: The Making of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer documentary
    Sentinel of the Spaceways: Comic Book Origins of The Silver Surfer featurette
    The FantastiCar: State of the Art featurette
    The Power Cosmic special effects featurette
    Character Design with Spectral Motion featurette
    Scoring the Fantastic featurette
    Interactive FantastiCar concept images gallery
    Theatrical Trailers
    Still Galleries (Behind the Scenes / Characters / Concept Art)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
good thing they are releasing a 2 disc ed right away.  at least i wont have to wait 2 years like the first one...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Nice 2-disc cover art  :). Cheesy name for "special edition"  :P.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
The 2-disc set's art cover is tempting for me...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
they are bundling the single disc edition with a guide book to the FF's history and such (at least they do at wal-mart) ... so it's not a bad purchase din.