Author Topic: The Secret DVD  (Read 1150 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Secret DVD
« on: Feb 17, 2007 at 05:33 PM »

Has anyone purchased this DVD? It has been on top of the list at Amazon for a long time now.

I was intrigued by the positive phenomena and decided to view it first online before purchasing.  I can say that the Production Value of the Film is of high quality. The effects, music and storytelling are worthy of praise.

The supposed Secret is a repackaged collection of different Dogma already written in various books. The most commendable point about the "knowledge" (though is the way it communicates to a new generation of entertainment-driven viewers how to embrace the "belief" and use all available/existing tools to create/recreate and achieve whatever it is they desire.

Fascinating presentation that is worth seeing.

8)
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2007 at 10:51 PM by hemisphere »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Re: The Secret DVD
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2007 at 09:19 PM »
I was wary of the hype.  specially when it was initially 'not' sold by Amazon... but referred to...

And the price seems too high...  siguro wait muna ako, pag-isama ng Amazon sa sale...
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2007 at 11:12 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2007 at 10:49 PM »
I am very tempted to get this after seeing the entire film in youtube. Watch it guys before the copyright holders put it out.

8)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 01:06 PM »
you're probably "thinking" of your dream DVD right now, sir hemi  :P

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 10:22 PM »
Hehehe. I will use the basic Laws of Attraction and visualize that my annual income will be $100,000.00 so I can buy myself 2-3 copies of this DVD.

8)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 09:04 AM »
Newsweek on 'The Secret:'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17314883/site/newsweek/

'Of course, that's a long way from the simple model of Ask-Believe-Receive. In most people's lives, positive thought leads to success only through the transforming medium of action. For obvious reasons, this is a much less popular message. "The Secret" dubiously appropriates a number of historical figures to illustrate the law of attraction. Beethoven was probably bipolar; Newton ruminated obsessively over personal salvation; Einstein derided quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance." Martin Luther King Jr. is enlisted as author of an epigram about taking a staircase one step at a time. King certainly could visualize. But he also knew better than to sit back and wait for the law of attraction to send down justice; he went out and worked for it. And there's no secret to that."
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 12:18 AM »
The book is now available in Fully Booked and Bibliarch bookstores for Php 799 (hardbound).