Author Topic: Autohorized Klipsch Dealer for Repair??  (Read 1001 times)

Offline manilabynight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Autohorized Klipsch Dealer for Repair??
« on: Feb 18, 2007 at 08:18 AM »
I have a Klipsch ProMedia DD-5.1 (Multimedia Digital Decoder Preamplifier) for my 5.1 THX Promedia speakers. It has been serving me faithfully for the past 3 years. Now suddenly while I was watching a DVD movie, the Decoder suddenly acted up.

There is still power but everytime I try to increase or lower volume the decoder doesn't respond. The green LCD display doesn't show the volume bars and sometimes $%*(@#! characters intermittently appears and some dark solid vertical bars appear on the right side. I tried to turn off power and let it cool off and even did a factory reset but the problem is still there.

I am worried that maybe something might have happened or got erased on the factory decoder ROM chip or something else. It has to come at a wrong timing just when I am trying to save on money and I cannot afford to go out and just buy a new preamp (I saw the Creative DDTS-100 decoder and it loogs good but at 8K+ gosh! and I sure want to match my system with a Klipsch).

Anybody out there who can help? Please? I'm kind of sad and desperate right now that my audiophile equipment has to act up on me!  :-[

Offline spectraav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Autohorized Klipsch Dealer for Repair??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 10:52 AM »
sir,
the service center is avid pro located at pasong tamo extension solid house bldg