Author Topic: Best Bang for P120K: suggestions pls  (Read 5733 times)

Offline staind01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Best Bang for P120K: suggestions pls
« on: Feb 21, 2007 at 11:21 AM »
hi guys,

need your inputs. for P120K or lower, ano bang magandang tv? mostly for cable and standard DVD viewing and gaming.

will connect to PC/laptop, might buy an upconverting DVD player, etc.

max tv size is 42" due to room-size. a 32" is fine.

thanks!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best Bang for P120K: suggestions pls
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 01:00 PM »
samsung 32n71b

sony 32v200

toshiba 37wl66e

these are currently, also my candidates since im also canvassing lcd's
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 01:11 PM »
allen i know someone who sells sony klv s40s200 bravia  for 130k only.

pm me if you are interested.
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 04:14 PM »
samsung 32n71b

sony 32v200

toshiba 37wl66e

these are currently, also my candidates since im also canvassing lcd's

thx... i'm actually interested in the N71B and V200A as well! is that toshiba any good?

also, is N71 worth the extra money over the R71? is the XWCG worth it? conversely, the V200 over the S200?

i ask kasi pde ka ng bumili ng XBox 360 sa price difference nila, di ba?

thanks!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 04:50 PM »
thx... i'm actually interested in the N71B and V200A as well! is that toshiba any good?

also, is N71 worth the extra money over the R71? is the XWCG worth it? conversely, the V200 over the S200?

i ask kasi pde ka ng bumili ng XBox 360 sa price difference nila, di ba?

thanks!

this is how i view them..

samsung 32n71b - 110k with 20% discount for cash, about 88k + digicam + mp3 player.. assuming i sell the freebie.. i can hit about 60+k
good overall quality and double hdmi, same panel as 32v200, only difference is between sony bravia engine vs samsung DNIE.

sony 32v200 - cheapest i found is about 85k with out the freebies. same panel as samsung n series. bravia vs DNIE engine, diff. is a matter of taste. most ppl tend to be biased already towards sony brand name when checking out the diff. between the 2 engines.. personally im inclined towards the lower total cost for the samsung

toshiba 37wl66e - 80+k from listening in style, quality is nothing notable, but you end up with more screen real-estate for the same price.

n71> r71 and v20 > s200
the upper models are really better than their lower end model counter parts, its just a question if you need the extra HDMI connections and marginally brighter and better imaging engine.... personally with the recent price drop of the n series, i find the extra cash spent on it more reasonable..
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 05:12 PM »
samsung 32n71b - 110k with 20% discount for cash, about 88k + digicam + mp3 player.. assuming i sell the freebie.. i can hit about 60+k

what?!!  :o  if you don't mind, where did you find that awesome, very tempting deal?! what kinda digicam and mp3 player are included?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
what?!!  :o  if you don't mind, where did you find that awesome, very tempting deal?! what kinda digicam and mp3 player are included?

i was offered it at ambassador greenhills. the free digicam is an nv3(just check www.samsung.com.ph for specs) this is standard samsung freebie starting feb. and the usual free mp3 player... cant remember model... sori.

if i had better haggling skills and aimed talked with their top boss... i might be able to squeezze a few more k or get some other freebie... didnt try it at the time, cause i was mis-informed while testing out the toshiba 68e series at the time. they told me the 32inch could do 1080p.. which in reality it couldnt, it only accepts 1080p.. marketing crap.. grrr..

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 10:16 AM »
if i had better haggling skills and aimed talked with their top boss... i might be able to squeeze a few more k or get some other freebie...

sir allen, it's crunch time!! sabay na tayo bumili so we can get a better price! ;)

lemme know what you've decided on. love the N71 but that S200 deal is suh-weet!!! also, still not disregarding plasmas since i really love their PQs better.

Offline aikon

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM »
...while testing out the toshiba 68e series at the time. they told me the 32inch could do 1080p.. which in reality it couldnt, it only accepts 1080p.. marketing crap.. grrr..

i'm also in the market for an lcd. how was the PQ of the toshiba 68E series? does it have 2 tuners? the full HD for the 68E series is only on the 47inch.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 01:54 PM »
sir allen, it's crunch time!! sabay na tayo bumili so we can get a better price! ;)

lemme know what you've decided on. love the N71 but that S200 deal is suh-weet!!! also, still not disregarding plasmas since i really love their PQs better.

yah pero tempted ako sobra bigla, sa yung 42 inch na toshiba .. the 42 wl68 series. i can sacrifice my reciever and speaker budget to buy it haha... pero bad trip yung source konti..

reply mo na pm ko, para strategy planning hehe

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 11:10 PM »
Hitachi 42PD9500TA nasa 100K plus na lang

Offline ryuzaki_L

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 09:17 AM »
@stained01 and allenwfc

sabay din ako sa inyo, if you guys are getting a N71 maybe we can get an even better deal hehe
Format Neutral
Blu-Ray: 4
HD DVD: 16
PS3 & 360 add-on

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 09:40 AM »
yah pero tempted ako sobra bigla, sa yung 42 inch na toshiba .. the 42 wl68 series. i can sacrifice my reciever and speaker budget to buy it haha... pero bad trip yung source konti..

reply mo na pm ko, para strategy planning hehe

sir allen, replied to your pm last night.

that 100Hz WL68 looks really good on paper!! how much is it? i hope we can audition it (and the N71 and V2) for SD cable viewing. that will be the deciding factor for me and the price.

ryuzaki,
sure bro! the more, the merrier! we'll likely get a better deal kasi 3 units agad yun e if ever!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM »
i'm also in the market for an lcd. how was the PQ of the toshiba 68E series? does it have 2 tuners? the full HD for the 68E series is only on the 47inch.

thanks for the info :)

i tested the 32 and 47 inch wl68e at ambassador greenhills 2 weeks back with my oppo 981hd ..... unfortunately i had the stupidity to forgot to bring my own test discs... the picture quality wasnt bad overall.. but colors seems to be a bit washed out or weak.. but i presume this to be the fault of the poor discs they were using and my reference point was a lg 32 inch lcd with brightness color settings at torch-like levels.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
sir allen, replied to your pm last night.

that 100Hz WL68 looks really good on paper!! how much is it? i hope we can audition it (and the N71 and V2) for SD cable viewing. that will be the deciding factor for me and the price.

ryuzaki,
sure bro! the more, the merrier! we'll likely get a better deal kasi 3 units agad yun e if ever!

set tayo ng sched para audition sabay sabay!!

greenhills, would be best place cause diyan yung cardinal audio and lahat ng appliance stores may branch diyan.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM »
hindi maganda ang toshiba lcd tv.better buy plasma tv

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 11:46 AM »
hindi maganda ang toshiba lcd tv.better buy plasma tv

if there is a hitachi pd9500 or any HD resolution plasma below 100k sure... last i asked around in the grey market.. none of them are below 100 :(

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 12:49 PM »
set tayo ng sched para audition sabay sabay!!

greenhills, would be best place cause diyan yung cardinal audio and lahat ng appliance stores may branch diyan.

sir allen,
see you on Sunday afternoon in greenhills! txt2 na lang. bukas naman siguro sila ng sunday, no?

ryuzaki and the rest,
sama kayo sa audition EB! di rin kami magkakilala ni allen. coordinate with him na lang.

tapos group buy next week maybe para pde tayo mambarat!  ;D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 02:01 PM »
sir allen,
see you on Sunday afternoon in greenhills! txt2 na lang. bukas naman siguro sila ng sunday, no?

ryuzaki and the rest,
sama kayo sa audition EB! di rin kami magkakilala ni allen. coordinate with him na lang.

tapos group buy next week maybe para pde tayo mambarat!  ;D

tara lcd audition EB!! haha

baka may makilala tayo store doon "special" p-dvd members discount dahil sa sobra dami natin haha

you guys can text or call me at +639189307456 for sundays stuff..

yung mga may HQV na dvd or equivalent mag-dala kayo para may pang test tayo na tino.

btw, pumunta ako avant kanina and nag-compare ang tosh 42 inch wl68e at yung 32/40 inch samsung n71 series.

yung tosh naka-return of the king at yung samsung narnia pina-palabas.... parang mahina kulay ng tosh para sa akin.. :(

pwede yung experts tumingin? kasi baka biased lang mata ko :P

Offline chuckyboy

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 03:15 PM »
Hitachi 42PD9500TA nasa 100K plus na lang
I second this suggestion. Research and compare.

I myself is looking at the 50pd9800ta of Hitachi. ciao

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 04:06 PM »
yung mga may HQV na dvd or equivalent mag-dala kayo para may pang test tayo na tino.

btw, pumunta ako avant kanina and nag-compare ang tosh 42 inch wl68e at yung 32/40 inch samsung n71 series.

yung tosh naka-return of the king at yung samsung narnia pina-palabas.... parang mahina kulay ng tosh para sa akin.. :(

pwede yung experts tumingin? kasi baka biased lang mata ko :P

iba talaga kulay ng N71 and V2, vibrant, ganda!! slight edge on the V2 from what i've seen.

ano yung HQV?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 04:33 PM »
iba talaga kulay ng N71 and V2, vibrant, ganda!! slight edge on the V2 from what i've seen.

ano yung HQV?

pang benchmark and adjust ng mga HD tv's

http://www.hqv.com/benchmark.cfm

:)

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 04:48 PM »
pang benchmark and adjust ng mga HD tv's

http://www.hqv.com/benchmark.cfm

:)

ah ok. sana nga me magdala nyan! :)

pero the stores should have their demo units calibrated already i would think, di ba? yun yung binebenta nila e so during their free times, dapat kinalikot na nila yun.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 05:05 PM »
normally sa stores over bright or to do max settings nila... depends sa nag setup.

yung dvd, aside from adjustments, may parang score card siya para pang benchmark ng dvd :)

so far, mas-inclined ako sa n71 as long as nandiyan yung 20% cash discount... baka kaya natin strech to 25% haha with free home theater pa haha..

wishing big lang

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 06:03 PM »
normally sa stores over bright or to do max settings nila... depends sa nag setup.

yung dvd, aside from adjustments, may parang score card siya para pang benchmark ng dvd :)

so far, mas-inclined ako sa n71 as long as nandiyan yung 20% cash discount... baka kaya natin strech to 25% haha with free home theater pa haha..

wishing big lang

;D ;D ;D well kung 2 or 3 tayong kukuha, i think mapipilitan silang magbigay ng big discounts kasi group buy, that is, by volume na lang sila babawi instead of by profit margin. ;)

galing nun a, me score card pa? sana meron sila dun.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 06:23 PM »
;D ;D ;D well kung 2 or 3 tayong kukuha, i think mapipilitan silang magbigay ng big discounts kasi group buy, that is, by volume na lang sila babawi instead of by profit margin. ;)

galing nun a, me score card pa? sana meron sila dun.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/buyingguides/benchtestingDVDs.php

some info on hqv, avia and dve :D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 06:55 PM »
i recently got a call from one of the sales guys automatic center.

they have the hitachi 32ld9000 and 32 ld9800 in stock. these are official hitachi philippines models and not grey market.

the 32ld9000 was offered to me with wall mount or tv rack (my choice) for 63k cash, the 329800, they want me to drop by to say price grrr...

assuming that the 32ld9800 is below 100k ... and since its from automatic center *meaning* ambassador might offer cheaper... might just have a candidate to go against the n71... but damn the n71 still have a lower effective sot... sniff sniff...

btw, the hitachi ld9000 is a ips panel and the ld9800 is advanced ip panel. these produce better colors than the spva panels of sony and samsung. the old ips have refresh problems but the new advanced ones are efficient at about 7 ms...

so hard to choose hehe

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 07:25 PM »
actually i have the old Avia dvd... twas better than VE then.

was out of the HT circle for years now so didn't know about HQV. me Avia Pro na pala. heheheh.

see u sunday bro!

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 01:54 PM »
guys dyahe, i was so sleepy last night i posted this on the wrong topic :-[

my suggestion if you want to demo several units, try to go to a big store where they have all, if not most of the units you're interested so you could do side by side demo, pref using the same source at the same time, that way you could spot the differences of each...just my 2 cents

dont forget to try to have each unit set up/calibrated to its best before the shoot out...while doing this, the other guys can try to talk with one sales rep after the other so they can spill the beans on their competitors deficiencies...talagang competition sila!

then you could go on your haggling with the different stores since you have an idea already which are your candidates, individual preferences na lang

lastly, think about the next most important thing you need after getting your tv, service and warranty....
from my personal experience just recently, i'm sure glad to have bought a tv with a factory warranty from a reputable store, coz you cant tell if you're gonna get the odd stock from the thousands built...

good luck guys!
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 07:11 PM »
actually i have the old Avia dvd... twas better than VE then.

was out of the HT circle for years now so didn't know about HQV. me Avia Pro na pala. heheheh.

see u sunday bro!

bring your avia dvd and ill bring my oppo :)