Author Topic: Best Bang for P120K: suggestions pls  (Read 5734 times)

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best Bang for P120K: suggestions pls
« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 07:12 PM »
guys dyahe, i was so sleepy last night i posted this on the wrong topic :-[

my suggestion if you want to demo several units, try to go to a big store where they have all, if not most of the units you're interested so you could do side by side demo, pref using the same source at the same time, that way you could spot the differences of each...just my 2 cents

dont forget to try to have each unit set up/calibrated to its best before the shoot out...while doing this, the other guys can try to talk with one sales rep after the other so they can spill the beans on their competitors deficiencies...talagang competition sila!

then you could go on your haggling with the different stores since you have an idea already which are your candidates, individual preferences na lang

lastly, think about the next most important thing you need after getting your tv, service and warranty....
from my personal experience just recently, i'm sure glad to have bought a tv with a factory warranty from a reputable store, coz you cant tell if you're gonna get the odd stock from the thousands built...

good luck guys!

thanks for the advice
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 08:04 PM »
please read:
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=63358.0

so we can at least have a basic idea on our mind :)
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline poch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 11:19 PM »
guys when do you plan to buy your lcd's?  :)
kindly pm naman yun group buy price (cash) na bibigay for the 32v200a. if pasok sa budget i might join you guys sa pag bili. tnx.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 09:03 AM »
guys when do you plan to buy your lcd's?  :)
kindly pm naman yun group buy price (cash) na bibigay for the 32v200a. if pasok sa budget i might join you guys sa pag bili. tnx.

we'll keep this thread updated but just an fyi, we'll be auditioning this afternoon. so you're welcome to join us so you can decide on which unit is right for you. just text allen (see contact nos. above).

NOTE: we only know each other from this forum. this afternoon will be the 1st time we'll meet in person.

Offline poch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
we'll keep this thread updated but just an fyi, we'll be auditioning this afternoon. so you're welcome to join us so you can decide on which unit is right for you. just text allen (see contact nos. above).

NOTE: we only know each other from this forum. this afternoon will be the 1st time we'll meet in person.

i wish i could join you guys this afternoon, too bad i'm house-sitting  >:(
anyway i'll wait for your updates. goodluck!  ;D

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 05:45 PM »
hi allen,

nice meeting you bro! good to put a face on someone from the net. apologies for leaving too soon. had to do some stuff pa e. di tuloy natin napuntahan yung store sa me North Edsa to check out the Hitachi plasmas.

had fun auditioning in GH!! dami pala electronic stores dun.

the N71 is impressive but those Pioneer and Philips plasmas are really something! too bad they're quite expensive! :( hopefully we could get a good deal on them or the Hitachis once we do a group buy. :) fingers crossed.

but if we don't then the N71 is the LCD to have. we can't go wrong with any of the above.

now for the bargain-hunting stage. :)

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:09 AM »
hi allen,

nice meeting you bro! good to put a face on someone from the net. apologies for leaving too soon. had to do some stuff pa e. di tuloy natin napuntahan yung store sa me North Edsa to check out the Hitachi plasmas.

had fun auditioning in GH!! dami pala electronic stores dun.

the N71 is impressive but those Pioneer and Philips plasmas are really something! too bad they're quite expensive! :( hopefully we could get a good deal on them or the Hitachis once we do a group buy. :) fingers crossed.

but if we don't then the N71 is the LCD to have. we can't go wrong with any of the above.

now for the bargain-hunting stage. :)

yup nice meeting you :)

at work here so ill keep the typing a bit brief..

i asked the phillips 42pf73206, its price is still in the 110k range.. probably with aggressive haggling we can budge it a few k..
(this includes the sm north shop) seems the price for philiips is harder to budge

hitachi pd9500ta, 108 - 110k maybe a little more with aggressive haggling.. so far best price was in automatic center.
(automatic center will have an exhibit in glorietta starting this weds. you can check out this other models there)

samsung 32n71,  88k(without serious haggling) seems the best buy.

the the sony 32v200a, at 75k is not a bad buy... but value-wise ill get the samsung..

anyways, we need to decide if we are getting the 42 plasma or 32 inch lcd..
staind, which are you more inclined to? my brain hurts deciding between the 2 huhu...

ryukai, you last mentioned you prefer the samsung 32n71 right? when will you be ready to purchase so we can plan on exact buying date so we can all buy together. we dont have to all buy the same models.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:20 AM »
anyways, we need to decide if we are getting the 42 plasma or 32 inch lcd..
staind, which are you more inclined to? my brain hurts deciding between the 2 huhu...

ditto!! i'm already loaded up with aspirin!! ;D

my eyes like the plasmas but my pocket loves the N71!  ;D ;D this is because i might get the very sleek HT-QX100 as a bundled upgrade (see the brochure) even if i already have 2 HT systems.  ;D can't get enough of HT, besides the 2 that i have don't have HDMI, etc. and the QX100 have BT wireless rear spkrs!!  :o

and did i mention how purr-ty they are?! saw them in the stores yesterday.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:46 AM by staind01 »

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:32 AM »
sige decided na tayo, 32n71!!

i wil make a new thread for the group buying.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:28 PM »
Hitachi 42PD9800TA = 120K plus

Screen technology   Plasma
Diagonal screen size   42 inch
Aspect ratio   16:9
Additional features   1080HD ALiS; Picture Master HD II engine; 3D color management; advanced dynamic control; USB and SD photo input; dual HDMI terminals; 1080p-ready
Dimensions (HxWxD)   648 x 1134 x 109 mm
Weight   35.6 kg
Audio
Surround effects   SRS WOW; BBE
Total output power   36W
Additional features   6 speakers.
Video
Video input   S-video, VGA, Composite video, Component video
Contrast ratio   10000:1
Additional features   1024 x 1080 resolution; 1400cd/m2 brightness; HD-compatible

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM by tambutsoo »