Author Topic: Flat Panel Pricing Buying Guide  (Read 13881 times)

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Flat Panel Pricing Buying Guide
« on: Feb 24, 2007 at 08:03 PM »
i guess.. someone has to start this sooner or later

as of 3/19/07

currently best picks on the 32/37/40/42 inch market.
(cash price): Unless mentioned, 20% discount is used a basis

My personal suggestion in how you should choose a flat panel:
budget of :
40k or less = get a generic 20-32 inch lcd with hdmi and 720p or save your money first and wait for the next wave of lcd price drops
40k - 60k = at this price point get a low to mid end branded 32 inch lcd with the above features. Which brand is better is a matter of preference and budget.
60k - 80k = High end 32 inch model or mid end 37 inch model LCD

80k  - 150k = 42 inch plasma with 720p or 1080p resolution, dont bother with lcd at this price point. you are guranteed to get a bigger and better looking screen with the plasma than a lcd at this price point.

150k - up = 40 or 42 inch and 1080p a must have. Plasma or LCD is a matter of preference and needs. With this kind of budget, you shouldnt be wasting your money on low-end models.

samsung:
Note: samung recently gives a cash discount on the SRP of their 32 inch models, values already taken intoa ccount below
32n71 = SRP:80k Cash: 63-64k (inclusive of 5k cash discount) + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty
32r71B/W = SRP:70k Cash: 55-56k (inclusive of 5k cash discount) + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty

32s71 = SRP:60k Cash:48-50k (inclusive of 5k cash discount) + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty

40nf71 = SRP:80k Cash: 184k with 20inch lcd + nv3 digital camera + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty

Sony:
Note: sony recently followed suite (again) with samsung's pricing methodology(they are playing catch up again)... they now shaved off.. most of their useless "freebie" fat so prices went down.. but only for cash stuff

their current promo is called "Summer Pleasures".. so ignore shops that still use the old christmas promo.

Due to the nature of sony's promo.. card srp and cash SRP are different.
values below are not yet 100% accurate.. as i dont have a copy of their latest brochure with me

"Buyback"= is term used by shops, where you trade-in the "discounts" of sony to lower the price.

all sony flat panels, have discounts and 20k worth of home theater(translate to a free low-end or add a little for mid-end model)
when you apply "buyback" this may or may not be available

32s200A =  Card SRP: 90k Cash SRP w/o "Buyback": 65k..  Discounted SRP w/ Full Buyback: 52k.. but there have been sightings of it at binondo @ 49k or so.. I havent confirmed it yet.

32v200A = Card SRP: 110k Cash SRP w/o "Buyback": 85k..  Discounted SRP w/ Full Buyback: 72-75k.. it could be lower since, i haven't asked around prices with the new summer promo

40X200A = Card SRP: 250k Cash SRP w/o "Buyback": No idea  Discounted SRP w/ Full Buyback: No Idea

Hitachi:

32LD9000ta = 60k (probably could go lower, since i asked only casually) + table or wall bracket

32ld9800ta = listted in brochure's but stocks not yet available

42pd9500ta = 110k (probably, could come near the 100k mark with additional haggling), no freebies

42pd9800ta = 160+k (dont bother with this unless you want card reader and pip )

Best shops from a cash price perspective(personal opinion):
Note: only none grey market shops stuff taken into account here.

1. a. ambassador = limited to sony and samsung only and many branches dont have a good selection of demo units. haggle friendly company(bust you must be aggressive). My family has been buying from them since i was a baby.

b. Saver's Digital Hub =  haggle with their sales manager, the normal sales guys are a pain in the head to haggle. sales manager gave prices that can meet or even beat the competition. located at 995 north edsa, between sm north and mrt station. *this where we did our group-buy and the prices they gave were very satisfying.

Address: 995 north Edsa, QC
927-7091, 927-5960

2. a. spectra = they got one the worst sales staff in my opinion.. toss of with SM appliance.. its like talking with bricks... their boss is totally a diff. story, great guy!! wish his staff had a fraction of his sales skills... from my limited knowledge they only sell sony and toshiba(not sure if toshiba is grey or not) flat panels.. never asked them its prices, but based on their boss friendliness, i presume you can get good prices from them.

b. sights and sounds = good prices, but same with spectra in the sense that its better to haggle with their boss for a good price.

3. a. abenson = i have the bad habit of getting this and sm appliance mixed up. they require some effort to reach, the 20% cash discount and highly dependent on who the sales manager is at the time. (applies to any shop)

b. Automatic center = generally over all good shop, initial quoted price are never the best price, but with good haggling and the right shop/sales manager you can get close or reach the 20% mark.. though exceeding that would be near impossible.

c. ansons = they offer discounts often without me having to ask sometimes, but they require extra effort to get the 20% cash discount.. more headaches for better discount.

d. western =  same as above

5. a. sm appliance= i accidentally got this mixed up with abenson.. most of them are not very haggle friendly... worsed line i heard was from them "sir, we dont have discounts for cash buy.. same price as card" i would have understand on cheap appliances, not on a LCD geesh.....

b. avant = probably one of the worst shops i've been to, gives horrible prices.. ok not as bad as sm.. but still very bad. also they photo copied and faxed my materials without any express permission..

note: i definetly missed a lot of shops here.. just post what other shops should be included in list...

Shops that i haven checked that might be worth your attention:
1. Fair N Square   
350 Nueva St., Binondo, Manila   241-3272 , 241-3274

Tips when buying in cash for flat panels:
1. any cash basis discount based on SRP prices (including freebies) you should be aim for 20%. anything less means your not getting the best price. This should be your target haggling point...

2. dependent on shop and brand of the flat panel, your buying.. try to ask them if you can forgo the freebies for a lower price... your mileage may vary on this.

contact numbers of different shops/branches..
http://www.sony.com.ph/dealers.asp
not a complete list.. and its only for sony selling shops.. but most shops carry sony anyways.

Note:
a. constructive comments and suggestion welcomed!! If you got more prices/models and info, just post and ill and to the top page.

b. will update prices once i get an incoming price-list.

c. For card Purchases, I've never pushed it very far.. but im guessing 5-8% Discount should be your target point, also expect to recieve less freebies, since theses are usually tied to promos
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2007 at 10:01 AM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline Mannyx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Flat Panel Pricing Buying Guide
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 10:58 PM »
Great thread! I hope you can post the name of the shop that sells the cheapest LCD TV. Keep updating.

Offline agwe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:20 PM »
where's saver's digital hub?  thanks  ???

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:59 PM »
can we also include the one from LG?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:02 PM »
where's saver's digital hub?  thanks  ???

ok will update
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:19 PM »
can we also include the one from LG?

im not familiar with the lg models and prices.. if you guys can update me on it ill update the post

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
im not familiar with the lg models and prices.. if you guys can update me on it ill update the post

U DA MAN!!!  8) 8)

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 07:42 PM »
The question is do you always get the 20%?  I tried going to digital savers hub the other day and got the r71 down to only 80k from 89.  When I tried to do the same with the LG, from 59, it only went down to 58 which is a joke.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:37 AM »
The question is do you always get the 20%?  I tried going to digital savers hub the other day and got the r71 down to only 80k from 89.  When I tried to do the same with the LG, from 59, it only went down to 58 which is a joke.

problem with digital savers hub, is that they're discounts are a bit inconsitent..

which was why we shifted purchase point :P

try checking automatic center,gh. i generally have "fair" experience with them

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:42 PM »
Passed by Anson's in Galeria yesterday, Samsung 32R71 is 69k and the 32S71 is 59k both 0% yata (?)..... less 5k if you pay cash (sorry didnt ask about freebies).

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:50 PM »
Passed by Anson's in Galeria yesterday, Samsung 32R71 is 69k and the 32S71 is 59k both 0% yata (?)..... less 5k if you pay cash (sorry didnt ask about freebies).

yup yup, heard it in a diff. thread. will update oever the weekend :)

thanks for the info

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2007 at 10:33 AM »
updated prices.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2007 at 01:26 PM »
Saw a 32" Viewsonic LCD with TV tuner and HDMI ports selling for 52K at a shop at the 2nd floor in Harrison Plaza, and at another electronic shop adjacent to it, their selling a PROMAC 32" LCD with TV tuner for 45K.

Well.......if you can wait some more, maybe prices will still plummet to the 30K range.  :o

For info to those interested. :P

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2007 at 02:05 PM »
huwat? PROMAC? diba local brand ito? meron na silang lcd tv?

Offline protege

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:42 PM »
a friend just got his sony 32 inch s200 model at below 50k, no freebies. anyone who wants to get an lcd should really do their homework and shop around for the best deal.

is the price decrease due to the pending release of new model this year, like s300 for sony, or is just that their selling price before was way too high?
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:52 PM by protege »

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 04:25 PM »
a friend just got his sony 32 inch s200 model at below 50k, no freebies. anyone who wants to get an lcd should really do their homework and shop around for the best deal.

is the price decrease due to the pending release of new model this year, like s300 for sony, or is just that their selling price before was way too high?
sir can you post where your friend bought his unit? very good price indeed, or pa-pm nalang po. TIA

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 01:20 AM »

is that below 50k a sony phils. warrantied model or grey.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 11:30 AM »
Just got a 32-inch LA32S71BX LCD TV for 59,900 (comes with free wall mount and DVD home theater) from Automatic Center. Xbox 360 is native using a VGA cable

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 02:40 AM »
Just got a 32-inch LA32S71BX LCD TV for 59,900 (comes with free wall mount and DVD home theater) from Automatic Center. Xbox 360 is native using a VGA cable

not to sound offensive, but i think that wasnt exactly a good buy.. for a cash purchase i presume?

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 11:27 AM »
Credit card price. Banks arent open after 8pm. How much would've been a good price and where? The LCD TV in question is being used at the Filipino-Chinese Bakery Convention from last Thursday to Sunday at the World Trade Center. We're booth 108.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007 at 11:28 AM by DViant »

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #20 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 08:33 PM »
i was just at the BPI installment madness fair at glorietta. 32 inch models are going from a low of 58k (syntax) to a high of 80k (samsung etc). syntax and sansui are offering 24 months 0% interest. comes to about 2.5k/monthly.

sorely tempted to buy. good thing i thought of pinoydvd and decided to research first. sometimes it's good to have no money on hand. hahaha!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 09:18 AM »
Credit card price. Banks arent open after 8pm. How much would've been a good price and where? The LCD TV in question is being used at the Filipino-Chinese Bakery Convention from last Thursday to Sunday at the World Trade Center. We're booth 108.

ahh, for a credit card price its not a bad buy. i thought it was a cash buy.. if cash about 53-55k would have been a better price with the home theater

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:01 AM »
may i ask where sights and sounds is located?

what ambassador branch specifically is the haggle free one?
Ye Boy! :p

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:37 AM »
may i ask where sights and sounds is located?

what ambassador branch specifically is the haggle free one?

sights and sounds is located at shang-ri-la edsa

any ambassador branch would do, you just have to be brave and aggressive when haggling with them, talk with boss directly.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:38 AM by allenwfc »

Offline miks696

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:48 AM »
40s71b = with 20inch lcd + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty

I can get this for 114k ... good deal or not?
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:53 AM by miks696 »

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 11:15 AM »
40s71b = with 20inch lcd + wall mount bracket + 1 yr 3 month warranty

I can get this for 114k ... good deal or not?

you can probably bargain it further more.

104k(no ht included) is the 20% cash discount bracket you should be targeting, your not guranteed to reach this value but its feasible with the more haggle friendly shops (ex, ambassador and savers digital hub).

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 04:24 PM »
I'm getting really irritated with all the shops telling me that they dont have a HDMI to DVI cables. Either HDMI to HDMI siya or DVI to DVI.

Offline Galactus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 04:38 PM »
Wow, 40 inch LCD for only 114k!  Pwede na, considering late last year I swore it off since it was way out of budget.

Hmmm...this is an interesting development.  By Dec. 2007, sana nasa 80k price point na sya!
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 08:05 PM »
there is a store at greenhills virra mall, third floor that sells this hdmi to dvi cable. i have personnally seen and touched it when i bought two hdmi cables there.
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 10:15 AM »
*updated guide with some sony prices and updated shop list ranking