Author Topic: Flat Panel Pricing Buying Guide  (Read 13879 times)

Offline NMM1

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Flat Panel Pricing Buying Guide
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
this is a great thread... very helpful for those in the market for flat panels... and alswo for those who are not... keep us updated sir allen!!!
Rega | Schiit| Puffin | Yamaha | Dynaudio | ProAc | Accuphase

Offline Galactus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 05:49 PM »
Yup, I agree, this is a nice and very helpful thread...

But I just hope that allenwfc cold also post the actual prices.  Kasi I'm sure majority naman don't have the cash to spare, and would prefer to pay via installment.  Actual prices would serve as the card price, so they would have an idea about pricing.  I haven't heard of any merchant giving discounts naman on card/ installment purchases
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 06:32 PM »
Yup, I agree, this is a nice and very helpful thread...

But I just hope that allenwfc cold also post the actual prices.  Kasi I'm sure majority naman don't have the cash to spare, and would prefer to pay via installment.  Actual prices would serve as the card price, so they would have an idea about pricing.  I haven't heard of any merchant giving discounts naman on card/ installment purchases

DONE!!

did i input the information you needed?

and yes, they still give discounts with cards..
I've never really tried pushing it very far, but i presume it should be in the 5 to 10% discount with less freebies to booth.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 09:55 PM »
Thanks a lot Allenwfc.  I got my R71 32" for a little more than what you posted (I am not much at haggling), but without your posts, I would probably have paid just a little below what most major stores offered.  Saved a bundle.

This is really a great thread, and Thanks again.  God bless you.

As I already got my LCD, I will not browse this section for sometime...as any posting of even cheaper prices for better models will only make me regret my impulsiveness... 

Once you got what you want, Ignorance is bliss...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 09:08 AM »
Thanks a lot Allenwfc.  I got my R71 32" for a little more than what you posted (I am not much at haggling), but without your posts, I would probably have paid just a little below what most major stores offered.  Saved a bundle.

This is really a great thread, and Thanks again.  God bless you.

As I already got my LCD, I will not browse this section for sometime...as any posting of even cheaper prices for better models will only make me regret my impulsiveness... 

Once you got what you want, Ignorance is bliss...

your welcome :P

dont need to regret your purchase, just consider it a part of your greater plans for your next purchase.  ;D
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:08 AM »
Just FYI.

BenQ 32" LCD, 1080p with HDMI 1.3 support here in taiwan cost about NT 23,000.00 (Php 33,925).

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:26 AM »
im planning to have a 32 inch LCD ....leaning towards Sony s200a or a v200a...can you please offer your recommendations on my options?  will be used for occasional gaming and movie watching..particularly bootleg dvds and divx files.   I wont be using it for cable tv viewing.  TIA....

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 11:22 AM »
im planning to have a 32 inch LCD ....leaning towards Sony s200a or a v200a...can you please offer your recommendations on my options?  will be used for occasional gaming and movie watching..particularly bootleg dvds and divx files.   I wont be using it for cable tv viewing.  TIA....
Sir I would get the V series hehe...I think thats a real nice tv and a lot of great reviews. But if its not gonna be your main viewing TV and will just use for bootleg, occasional gaming etc. Id get the s series nalang

Offline Galactus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 05:34 PM »
Ayos!  Thanks allen.

Halos kumpleto na pala ako. 
- I've done my research on LCD (tech lingo & whatnots)
- I already know the pricing, stores and their locations
- I've even brushed up on my negotiation skills

Kulang na lang yung pera   :-[

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 06:08 PM »

most importantly sir, what is your budget?

my 3 top choices would be the sony v200a, samsung n732 and hitachi 37ld9800.. in no particular order.

since your lreading towards sony, i would suggest the v200a :)

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 06:47 PM »
for me personally, i'm really having a hard time choosing if i go flat panel (the other being front projection). for lcd's, the s200a's are really temting.... but almost everyone is saying get the v200 instead. the V is still @75k, and for just a little more you can already go up to a pana EDTV plasma. haay... choices, choices.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 08:00 PM »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:25 PM »
Too late.  I already bought mine. :) 

Oh well, that's a given anyway that prices will drop.

Basta, susulitin ko bago bumaba ang price.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 09:42 AM »
Too late.  I already bought mine. :) 

Oh well, that's a given anyway that prices will drop.

Basta, susulitin ko bago bumaba ang price.

korek!!! reminds me of a friend who kept researching and waiting and researching and waiting for a HT setup, i.e. TV, speakers, AVR, players, the works.  nagtyaga sa 21" CRT TV and no sound system. note that he was the one who asked me to go with him and audition for a HT hence i got in the game.

after 7 years of me teasing him, he finally gave in and bought a tv and sound system.  :)

while i've been enjoying videos and music all of that time!!  ;D ;D  naka-4 na palit na nga ako ng equipment by then!!  ;D ;D

you've gotta bite the bullet sometimes... nothing against waiting though!  ;D

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 09:43 AM »
what stores carry Philips LCDs? It seems they're not as common as the Samsung and Sony LCDs...

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 10:00 AM »
what stores carry Philips LCDs? It seems they're not as common as the Samsung and Sony LCDs...

most major appliance stores carry phillips :)

Offline Galactus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM »
May 2 page ad ang Philips ata last week sa Inquirer...showcased their major appliance lines, including the SRP, the freebies that goes with it and the retail outlets.

For sure, Abenson and Western carry their LCD's.  Some SM Appliance outlets kasi still display the CRT and PJTV's, but no LCD's or Plasma

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 08:33 AM »
Best shops from a cash price perspective(personal opinion):
Note: only none grey market shops stuff taken into account here.

1. a. ambassador = limited to sony and samsung only and many branches dont have a good selection of demo units. haggle friendly company(bust you must be aggressive). My family has been buying from them since i was a baby.

b. Saver's Digital Hub =  haggle with their sales manager, the normal sales guys are a pain in the head to haggle. sales manager gave prices that can meet or even beat the competition. located at 995 north edsa, between sm north and mrt station. *this where we did our group-buy and the prices they gave were very satisfying.

Address: 995 north Edsa, QC
927-7091, 927-5960

c. sights and sounds = they also have one of the best prices and are reasonably haggle-able. their quoted price is always below srp.. unfortunately they only sell sony, hitachi, pioneer, and some other brand i cant remember now.

2. a. spectra = they got one the worst sales staff in my opinion.. toss of with SM appliance.. its like talking with bricks... their boss is totally a diff. story, great guy!! wish his staff had a fraction of his sales skills... from my limited knowledge they only sell sony and toshiba(not sure if toshiba is grey or not) flat panels.. never asked them its prices, but based on their boss friendliness, i presume you can get good prices from them.

b. sights and sounds = good prices, but same with spectra in the sense that its better to haggle with their boss for a good price.

3. a. abenson = i have the bad habit of getting this and sm appliance mixed up. they require some effort to reach, the 20% cash discount and highly dependent on who the sales manager is at the time. (applies to any shop)

b. Automatic center = generally over all good shop, initial quoted price are never the best price, but with good haggling and the right shop/sales manager you can get close or reach the 20% mark.. though exceeding that would be near impossible.

c. ansons = they offer discounts often without me having to ask sometimes, but they require extra effort to get the 20% cash discount.. more headaches for better discount.

d. western =  same as above

5. a. sm appliance= i accidentally got this mixed up with abenson.. most of them are not very haggle friendly... worsed line i heard was from them "sir, we dont have discounts for cash buy.. same price as card" i would have understand on cheap appliances, not on a LCD geesh.....

b. avant = probably one of the worst shops i've been to, gives horrible prices.. ok not as bad as sm.. but still very bad. also they photo copied and faxed my materials without any express permission..

note: i definetly missed a lot of shops here.. just post what other shops should be included in list...

Shops that i haven checked that might be worth your attention:
1. Fair N Square   
350 Nueva St., Binondo, Manila   241-3272 , 241-3274

sir allen medyo OT....just wanna ask..should i consider these stores in buying other appliances other than LCD TVs such as aircon,ref,microwave oven,etc.? ???thanks...OT ulit...sana by mid year 30k n lng 32-incher LCD TV para may pambili pa ako aircon,etc...hehehe... :)

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 10:00 AM »
sir allen medyo OT....just wanna ask..should i consider these stores in buying other appliances other than LCD TVs such as aircon,ref,microwave oven,etc.? ???thanks...OT ulit...sana by mid year 30k n lng 32-incher LCD TV para may pambili pa ako aircon,etc...hehehe... :)

hmmm.. well some of the shops listed are audio/visual only so they dont sell appliances, as for the others.. i guess most of them are still worthy to check out prices and canvass, minus SM appliance since they rarely give this discounts.

overall, its just a matter of finding the right sales manager/owner that's willing to cut prices. ;)

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 11:25 AM »
hmmm.. well some of the shops listed are audio/visual only so they dont sell appliances, as for the others.. i guess most of them are still worthy to check out prices and canvass, minus SM appliance since they rarely give this discounts.

overall, its just a matter of finding the right sales manager/owner that's willing to cut prices. ;)

thanks to you sir allen....OT ulit...ano kaya gawin ko?let's say i have 50k right now...i plan to buy 32" LCD TV pero kelangan ko din bumili ng aircon,microwave,etc....isip ko bili na lang muna kaya ako ng sony wega 29" CRT so i could also buy those aircon,microwave oven,etc. for my 50k budget?what dou you think sir allen?sorry for another intervention but it seemed that you have bright ideas...and dudes anyone out there who can give me advice, it would be highly appreciated...thanks dudes... :)

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 01:22 PM »
thanks to you sir allen....OT ulit...ano kaya gawin ko?let's say i have 50k right now...i plan to buy 32" LCD TV pero kelangan ko din bumili ng aircon,microwave,etc....isip ko bili na lang muna kaya ako ng sony wega 29" CRT so i could also buy those aircon,microwave oven,etc. for my 50k budget?what dou you think sir allen?sorry for another intervention but it seemed that you have bright ideas...and dudes anyone out there who can give me advice, it would be highly appreciated...thanks dudes... :)

well.. personally i would either buy an lcd and buy the aircon, microwave and others later.. or buy the aircon and other appliances first then buy the LCD later... but this is because i dont spend big money to buy products i dont consider good value.. which generally speaking i condsider local CRT's to be in this category.. personal opinion) unless i can foresee that i'll be selling it off in the near future to upgrade.

alternatively... you can buy those 2nd hand jap tv's from the pier for about 4-10k as a stop gap tv, while you buy the rest of your appliances. when you save if enough money to buy a good lcd... and probably lcd's have dropped in prices... you can sell off that CRT for a low loss.. and upgrade to a LCD.

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 02:34 PM »
well.. personally i would either buy an lcd and buy the aircon, microwave and others later.. or buy the aircon and other appliances first then buy the LCD later... but this is because i dont spend big money to buy products i dont consider good value.. which generally speaking i condsider local CRT's to be in this category.. personal opinion) unless i can foresee that i'll be selling it off in the near future to upgrade.

alternatively... you can buy those 2nd hand jap tv's from the pier for about 4-10k as a stop gap tv, while you buy the rest of your appliances. when you save if enough money to buy a good lcd... and probably lcd's have dropped in prices... you can sell off that CRT for a low loss.. and upgrade to a LCD.

thanks again sir allen...aircon,etc muna siguro....may tv p nman kame though crt old model not the flat crt....and sana nga bumaba pa ang LCDTVs later this year.... :)

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 03:20 PM »
if you are referring to present models for sure baba sila by yearend
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 03:34 PM »
if you are referring to present models for sure baba sila by yearend

there are also good chances, that newer models will appear at more reasonalbe prices.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM »
hwitwowans, I think the other appliances are a better buy.  As you'd said, your old TV is working pa naman.  Skip the 29" CRT altogether.  Save whatever's left and continue saving... in time LCD prices will drop.  It looks like that  with more brands coming unto the market, we could see 32" LCD at sub-40,000 sooner than you think.  (TCL is advertised at 50k, less allenwfc 20% formula, that's just 40k).  Of course, don't buy unless you need it (microwave, etc).

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 27, 2007 at 12:55 PM »
hwitwowans, I think the other appliances are a better buy.  As you'd said, your old TV is working pa naman.  Skip the 29" CRT altogether.  Save whatever's left and continue saving... in time LCD prices will drop.  It looks like that  with more brands coming unto the market, we could see 32" LCD at sub-40,000 sooner than you think.  (TCL is advertised at 50k, less allenwfc 20% formula, that's just 40k).  Of course, don't buy unless you need it (microwave, etc).

thanks techdude....naisip ko din nga...salamat sa mga payo nyo.... :)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 27, 2007 at 04:30 PM »

I suppose you intend to install the aircon in your bedroom.  Note that a normal person spends approximately 1/3 of his/her life in the bedroom thus making your sleep as comfortable and restful as possible should lead to a healthier lifestyle...just make sure to clean the aircon regularly and keep the settings mild...he he he

Offline hwitwowans

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 27, 2007 at 06:12 PM »
I suppose you intend to install the aircon in your bedroom.  Note that a normal person spends approximately 1/3 of his/her life in the bedroom thus making your sleep as comfortable and restful as possible should lead to a healthier lifestyle...just make sure to clean the aircon regularly and keep the settings mild...he he he

thank you sir clondalkin...bedroom almost...hehe...im renting a 30 sq.m. studio type..so the aircon will flood cold air of the entire condo...with my wife...i asked her if it's ok with her, i'll buy the aircon and she'll pay the monthly electric bill...hehehe... :)

Offline jimmy-

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 27, 2007 at 08:39 PM »
n00b question:

pag sinabing 32" lcd tv, yung 32" ay yung width at hindi diagonal length? thanks.

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 28, 2007 at 01:02 AM »
anyone have info on 37 inch LCD tv choices?