Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2  (Read 108334 times)

Offline phulboss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a South American ruminant mammal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2
« Reply #120 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
btw, i find wendy to be more sensitive. she was the first one who found zeke irritating, only she didn't confront him about it. she also annoyingly keeps bringing up her 'i'm poor' angle that her first week was pretty much all about two things: her jugs and her being poor. you don't hear saicy bringing it up too much, but when she did, it came out rather charming (when she wanted to look up 'traysikad' in the german dictionary).

and kian does seem to be really asking for it, unless abs-cbn somehow edited out his less loud, less crassy side. ;D

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 12:51 PM »
Hi medyo OT, ingit ako sa inyo, wala ba kayong office? hehehe paano ba mag pa-activate ng 24/7 PBB? Parang gusto ko rin eh
Proud user of AVR135

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #122 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 12:57 PM »
i do hope however that she knows better to stop encouraging this angle that they're playing up. if anything, she's just a girl who forgot to forget about playing with dolls.

I was hoping that ABS-CBN would play up her "cheerleader" angle more than those creepy dolls, but it's looking more and more like she's the one who needs some cheering up. Already, some housemates are talking about her fixation with those dolls. Some housemates like Mickey seem to ignore it, and Beatriz tried to make it sound nice ("May mga dolls din ako, but I'm not as passionate as her"), but it's rather obvious that Wendy is the one who's mostly disturbed about it.

I think Gee-Ann should not have chosen Pamela before her entrance, so the less said about the dolls, the better. I mean, come on, if you were planning to live for 100+ days with 13 strangers, would you want to show your quirks to them on national TV, or bring your most cherished doll along? She should've chosen one of the stuffed animals instead. Now she's known to many viewers as "that weirdo doll girl."

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #123 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 01:14 PM »
It would be hard to hide your true side cooped up with same people day in, day out with no other form of interaction with the outside world. Even if Gee-ann chose another doll I think she would still share her sentiments about the dolls, kasi maghahanap ka na ng mapaguusapan.

The new girl is like a female Kian, loud and obnoxious. Those two will definitely get nominated.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
The new girl is like a female Kian, loud and obnoxious.

How did the others find her last night? Was she successful in doing her task? I was too sleepy na to continue watching the live feed last night--last thing I saw was Nel placing a bucket under the leaking sink drainpipe.

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 02:42 PM »
as in 'the girl with the weird doll' or 'the weird girl with the doll'? ;D honestly, i can only wince whenever she gets shown with her quirky relationship with her dolls... parang, what the hell is she doing now??? i think she should be able to redeem herself in due time from this weird stigma (and i hope they bring in more crassier housemates in). 'weird doll girl' is better than being 'cheering chick' or 'typical colegiala', which are both too bland... if only they were more creative when they introduced her. 21_year-old mom for 15 years? that's just uninspired writing, hehe.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
How did the others find her last night? Was she successful in doing her task? I was too sleepy na to continue watching the live feed last night--last thing I saw was Nel placing a bucket under the leaking sink drainpipe.

The guys were talking in the living room when Mickey noticed someone moving in the bathroom area and, upon realizing that they were complete, he said that there was someone in the house and just shouted "huli ka!" Pretty uneventful, really. The more exciting part was when Jasmin was asked to go through the 21 Questions with Mic Man (Zeke and his banana). She was very "mataray" and had no sense of humor. The only time the guys would laugh was when Zeke would salvage the interview with his hilarious asides like, when again faced with Jasmin's acid tongue, quipping "She's cracking under pressure" in his weird Oz accent.

By the way, the new housemate's name is pronounced Hasmin and not Jazzmin or Yasmin. She was shown earlier being irritated that her name was not pronounced correctly. She is not having a great start to her first day in the house what with her loose tongue. And she had the gall to actually ask the others if they can take being in incarcerated for the whole duration of the PBB season when it looks extremely likely that she will be nominated first among the girls.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #127 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 05:52 PM »
Hi medyo OT, ingit ako sa inyo, wala ba kayong office? hehehe paano ba mag pa-activate ng 24/7 PBB? Parang gusto ko rin eh

I DVR the show in 6 hour segments, then scan through the six hours in 2 minutes, only stopping if I see some skin or someone crying or laughing.  ;D

Call 631-0000 to get it activated.

And she had the gall to actually ask the others if they can take being in incarcerated for the whole duration of the PBB season when it looks extremely likely that she will be nominated first among the girls.

Pareho sila ni Kian. He was asking people when their birthdays are. When he found out Robert's was in late April, he said, "Ayan! Ipapagluto kita!"

Robert said: "Tagal pa nun. Malay mo kung nandito pa tayo nuon?" then left.

The guys are talking right now and the question is why they joined PBB. Robert and Wendy wanted to be artistas. Zeke doesn't know what he wants. I'm waiting for nel and saicy's answer.

I just remembered, Saicy answered the question first, actually, when it was just her and Robert on the bench - before the others joined in. She said, "komedyante."

Maybe that explains her Twinkle Twinkle Little Slut dance.  ::)
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2007 at 06:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 10:04 PM »
LOL, looks like I got my wish--I was hoping for them to show Gee-Ann's cheerleading skills and this afternoon, I saw her teaching the housemates some cheerleading moves to the tune of "Pinoy Ako", possibly for some kind of presentation later for the new housemate (the basketball player, I think). And it looks like she did rather well. I hope they never focus on those dolls again.

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 10:25 PM »
i guess the cheering routine's going to be aired tomorrow. my nose is still bleeding from the belly dancing number... if only that kian would shut up. unless he's really that good a chef, he'll probably get booted out the soonest. that meatball is probably on steroids or undergoing withdrawal. ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 10:52 PM »
i guess the cheering routine's going to be aired tomorrow.

Sadly, parang ang star dancer sa cheer ay hindi si Gee-Ann... or even Wendy or Saicy. It's... Mickey.  ::)

But did you guys catch the very brief pole dancing Saicy did on the stand of the basketball hoop? She's one funny girl!  ;D

my nose is still bleeding from the belly dancing number... if only that kian would shut up. unless he's really that good a chef, he'll probably get booted out the soonest. that meatball is probably on steroids or undergoing withdrawal.

Sarap tadyakan, ano?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 11:37 PM »
Kian only has two volume settings -- quiet and LOUD and unfortunately it looks like it's perpetually stuck on loud. I can't believe the kind of mindless garbage that comes out of the guy's mouth.

Have you guys seen the primetime show? I felt like the editing of the show was very awkward. The guy is obviously rubbing the housemates the wrong way but aside from Beatriz's comment in the confession room, there seems to be an obvious lack of confession room footage with regards to the housemates' thoughts about Kian. Makes you wonder if he has backers in the production.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 01:23 AM »
Currently watching another Mic Man segment with Zeke and Bruce. This is not as fun anymore because of Kian, who always has comments about the questions and would also give his own answers. Tapos nakikisawsaw din si Jasmin with her own answers and comments. Nakakairita.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 at 01:26 AM by indie boi »

Offline jsllobrera

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 01:57 AM »
May duda na talaga ako dito sa PBB at bakit isa na namang commercial model ang bagong housemate na si Bruce at mukha yatang may palakasan talaga dito para makapasok.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:41 PM »
There are no "Ate Racquel" types this season. In fact, there isn't even a single person older than their mid 20s.

Not as diverse as the other franchises.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:42 PM »
Noticed it too. Para tuloy PBB Teen Edition ang dating.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:44 PM »
YUP, its PBB TWENTYSOMETHING Edition....

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:51 PM »
I've shared this with my wife a number of times already, with the first season, I felt that I can relate and that I was watching some of my peers. Pero with this season, ang feeling ko, ang tanda ko na looking at twentysomethings who act like they came straight out of high school.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:58 PM »
It's a shame, since when you look at the most memorable villains who make Big Brother franchises interesting, they're usually the mid-to-late 30s characters who can play a better mental game without showing all their cards. Like Evil Dr. Will and Mike Boogie of BB-US, or "Nasty Nick" and Stuart the winker of BB-UK. Even looking at the Survivor franchise... the show became the huge success it currently is mostly because of their two late-30s villains of Season One - winner Richard Hatch and Susan "Snake and Rat" Hawk.

PBB really is more like... Big Brother: The ABS-CBN Talent Launch Show.

You know, watching the live feeds is a lot less fun with Kian and Jasmine in the house. They're just... grating.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 02:11 PM »
You know, watching the live feeds is a lot less fun with Kian and Jasmine in the house. They're just... grating.

Same observation here. Before those two arrived you really have this great interest to "eavesdrop" on what they are discussing and doing. Ngayon, the moment I hear Kian's or Jasmin's voice, I have a strong urge to just turn off the TV -- which I find myself doing more often this week. Even Nel seems to be bothered with the new group dynamics. He hardly speaks and cracks jokes, which is too bad because he is actually quite fun to watch with his Pa-min tactics.

Ok sana if both of them turned themselves into villains. But at this point they are just irritants.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 at 02:16 PM by indie boi »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #140 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 02:24 PM »
It's a shame, since when you look at the most memorable villains who make Big Brother franchises interesting, they're usually the mid-to-late 30s characters who can play a better mental game without showing all their cards. Like Evil Dr. Will and Mike Boogie of BB-US, or "Nasty Nick" and Stuart the winker of BB-UK.

I've heard of Evil Dr. Will, though having never seen the show, I have no idea why he's so infamous. Is there a short version as to why he is?

Offline simplemind

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 04:29 PM »
There are no "Ate Racquel" types this season. In fact, there isn't even a single person older than their mid 20s.

Not as diverse as the other franchises.

I think ngaun palang in acting mode na yung ibang casts ng show.. not in their natural behavior  .. protecting future careers?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 07:50 PM »
I've heard of Evil Dr. Will, though having never seen the show, I have no idea why he's so infamous. Is there a short version as to why he is?

It's best described in his Wikipedia entry, under the Big Brother 2 section. He's a master manipulator - he can get even people who dislike him to do his dirty work with promises he actually keeps to a degree, but ultimately doesn't honor, when push comes to shove. And his diary room confessions all gloat about how good he is at deception, with no remorse for any actions. He's there to have FUN by playing mental psych games with his housemates, and to win the million dollars. Nothing else. He's not there to "learn" anything or to improve his character.

In other words, local Big Brother would scold him and probably punish him by making him clean toilets for his behavior.  ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #143 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 12:11 AM »
Thanks Mr. Hankey! He's exactly what's missing in Pinoy BB. And you're spot on, I can hear local Big Brother saying, "ano ang natutunan mo sa sarili mo/sa nangyari." ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 12:45 AM »
Great conversation right now between Jasmin and Mickey as the latter has confronted Jasmin about her crass and insensitive nature. He is basically reminding her to be more tactful because people are getting offended with the way she interacts with them.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 01:03 AM »
Thanks Mr. Hankey! He's exactly what's missing in Pinoy BB. And you're spot on, I can hear local Big Brother saying, "ano ang natutunan mo sa sarili mo/sa nangyari." ;D

And that's the aspect of this version of the franchise that makes me laugh! It makes it very different from all the rest... and rather silly to anyone familiar with the actual concept of Big Brother.

Great conversation right now between Jasmin and Mickey as the latter has confronted Jasmin about her crass and insensitive nature. He is basically reminding her to be more tactful because people are getting offended with the way she interacts with them.

I find it very interesting that Mickey has clearly taken the role of the leader in this community, and he's rather good at it. It also seems he's on this show for the experience. He talks about moving back to Switzerland after he's evicted, unlike everyone else who talks about their potential showbiz careers.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007 at 01:06 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 01:42 AM »
And that's the aspect of this version of the franchise that makes me laugh! It makes it very different from all the rest... and rather silly to anyone familiar with the actual concept of Big Brother.

it's one of the reasons that turned me off at first, hehe. i guess that's why it's called pinoy big brother and not big brother philippines. it does seem like abs-cbn is opting for a 'teleserye' approach since most of those who watch prefer love teams, love triangles and such. i was kind of dubious of this 2nd season because it somehow does look like an artista search... then again, they would get more potential love teams and polygons from a group of attractive personalities (minus nel, of course, even if i'm starting to like the guy  ;D)

btw, what's this thing last night about gee-ann's nosebleed?

...and thanks to the 24/7 people for keeping us updated ;)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 01:48 AM »
Mickey is the most sensible person in the group, he has a very mature perspective which is very refreshing amidst a sea of juveniles. It was funny listening to Robert yesterday about their post PBB careers. he said he wanted to be an actor and get into drama because he claims he knows how to cry. Weird.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 05:53 AM »
(minus nel, of course, even if i'm starting to like the guy  ;D)

yeah....akala ko nung una mala-Kian ang dating nito...yung masarap batukan.  It turns out that he's a level headed guy na rin.  and becoz of his looks....parang tipong underdog na dating. 

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 06:13 AM »
new housemate Dionne seems ok...but again, another twentysomething; it seems no one in this batch is older than 25 years old.

Kian reminds me of that Archie what's-his-name on Wazzup Wazzup. They're both balding, crass, and annoying as hell.