Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2  (Read 108427 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2
« Reply #240 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 02:59 PM »
I've voted before and I admit it's kind of fun because you feel like you have more of a stake in the outcome because you've spent money, hehe.

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #241 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 03:15 PM »
text voting for me during season 1.... wife was a big fan of...... not Sam but ang "Bagong Boy" ni Kuya for season 2..... Jason.  :D
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline phulboss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a South American ruminant mammal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 10:10 PM »
i only started voting this week, hehe. i really wish gee-ann would be saved somehow. her sister (yes, the one who 'looks like dawn zulueta') is already in panic mode because gee-ann is trailing behind kian and jasmin. it's weird though because the tally rankings are in reverse order from the amount of activity their respective threads are getting in the abs-cbn boards. i get the feeling that the voters are voting for the one they want to evict, hehe.

anyway, if any of you guys are planning to vote, please do vote for gee-ann ;D we can still save her from an early nervous breakdown!

help, please! :)

here's how:
text BB GEE-ANN to:
2331 for globe/sun/touchmobile or...
231 for smart/addict/talk n text
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2007 at 10:33 PM by phulboss »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 10:49 PM »
How did Gee-ann's sister know about the rankings? That kind of info is supposed to be secret.

Another weird PBB cut, the guys are using the questions used in last night's math problem contest on each other. The question being discussed is the first time they had sex. Syempre na-cut na naman when they were discussing it. Only thing I got was Bruce losing it at 18 in his room with Pearl Jam's Last Kiss playing.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #244 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM »
Makes you really think twice about whether subscribing is worth it. It's moments like those that people who are paying 1500 want to see. It was much more fun during season one. It was pretty much non-stop/unedited: bra changing, streaking, truth or dare sessions that actually had daring dares. A free-for-all live feed! Well, at least until the lesbo luau party. Then it got really boring.

Big Brother himself is such a bore, too. In other installments, they'd love it if two housemates hooked up. Here he makes Dionne conscious about her behavior before things have a chance to heat up. Stupid!

Bodie got the third call. As per last Sunday's show, that was:

3rd call: Any one wish will be granted.

His one wish: Pizza.

Pizza!?!

He's really young, huh?  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:33 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM »
The guy is so obviously a virgin, which he also confirmed before the aforementioned cut. One thing that really got to me when that scene was cut was that I did not get the conversation of the girls with Bodie regarding virginity. They were joking about it but I don't know if Wendy, Saicy, Dionne and Beatriz were serious when they were saying they were still virgins or if it was a running joke already because of the cuts.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM by indie boi »

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:23 PM »
PIZZA??? he's a virgin, no doubt about it! if i were in his position i'd have ordered 2 PIZZAS!!!

anyway, a supposed tabulation of the votes is posted here:
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy_bigbrother_season2_update/

that's supposedly an 'official' yahoogroup, with mariel even 'moderating' occasionally. kian and jasmin are leading so i don't know how valid the site is  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:49 PM »
If indeed the daily rundown of votes is official then it is obvious the guys at PBB have finally discovered that giving this information to the public will only help increase the number of votes cast per week. It will be just like a popularity contest in school where your goal is to be the winner by selling the most number of tickets. Money making scheme and star recruitment program na talaga ang PBB and not just a pure "game show".

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:51 PM »
It will be just like a popularity contest in school where your goal is to be the winner by selling the most number of tickets.

Kind of like the reason Miguel lasted so long on Philippine Idol;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:58 PM »
Money making scheme and star recruitment program na talaga ang PBB and not just a pure "game show".

Ever since naman, ganun na talaga ang PBB eh. Don't the guys from Season 1 all had exclusive 6 month contracts with ABS-CBN, after the season ended? From there pa lang, very obvious na.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 02:51 PM »
yeah but there was still a pretense of PBB being a game show during the first season, that's why there was a more diverse cast of characters, with a number of them coming from poor backgrounds (jayson, franzen, nene and in a way jenny). The cast then had six month contracts just to ensure that they are not exploited by rival networks if they do become breakout stars (which has happened in BBs in other countries). In effect, the contracts were a security measure. Yes, the other housemates had dreams of becoming tv stars but they also wanted the prize. The focus of PBB to discover new stars only really began when Sam Milby came into the house.

Contrast it with the season 2 contestants where, in one conversation, a number of them did not even know what the prizes are.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:52 PM »
PIZZA??? he's a virgin, no doubt about it! if i were in his position i'd have ordered 2 PIZZAS!!!

maraming maraming PIZZA naman pala ang wish nya eh.......nagutom ako, its 11 pm na and saw them that eating Pepperoni Pizza...which I guess is Yellow Cab......4 na family size pizze ang dumating.....

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new everywhere!
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 12:52 AM »
hehehe, me im full..

but regarding bodies wish, i think its ok..he's young and i think it's a reasonable wish anyway..i think the more exact
phrasing is "anything you miss outside, you could have it.." so basically the first thing that comes to mind is food..sharing it is a good strategy too.

he cant say sex, cause he's a virgin and its not allowed.. ;D

dvd marathon would be nice...although watching something that everyone would like is a bit tricky..so as a strategical pogi pt..food is a good choice..and pizza is a nice food choice for them, age and everything withstanding..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 08:21 AM »
Yellow Cab wasnt a sponsor so the box was cut leaving just the bottom portion...and then covered with clear plastic......and I think they were briefed beforehand about that..........they just keep saying YC pizza..... ;)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 09:44 PM »
Im laughing my ass off ke Nel....he's a pet for a day....and Dalmatian sya ngayon!!!! hahahaha ;D ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 09:52 PM »
If they're already in "pet for the day," who got the "one minute shopping spree" phone call?

=========

I wanna vomit everytime Big Brother gives them a crappy task, and then asks them, "Parang 'di kayo masaya?"

They all smile and say, "Masaya!"

I'd say, "DUH! Tanga ka pala, pahihirapan mo kami, tapos tatanunging mo kami bakit hindi kami masaya. Ano bang pakialam mo kung masaya kami o hindi? Big Brother 'to, hindi, Hapi House, ano?"
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2007 at 10:06 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #256 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 06:30 AM »
If they're already in "pet for the day," who got the "one minute shopping spree" phone call?

Dionne.

The crucial calls will be the next two: the sixth (able to change the nominations), and the last (automatic nomination). I'm just wondering what if the receiver of the 6th call gets booted out of the house on Sunday night, how will that person change the nominations on Monday?

I hope Wendy or Bruce gets the last call.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2007 at 06:35 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 03:42 PM »
I'm just wondering what if the receiver of the 6th call gets booted out of the house on Sunday night, how will that person change the nominations on Monday?

I hope Wendy or Bruce gets the last call.  ;D

Does it work that way?i think changing the nominee for the next week's nomination would be more logical..

Offline phulboss

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:24 PM »
how did the bikini pictorial go?  ;D i saw screencaps earlier and was wondering if you guys got videos, hehe.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 12:18 AM »
Bikini pictorial?! Dang, I missed it!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 12:21 AM »
I recorded it, pero naputol in the middle of it. Darn!

I wasn't really thinking of even recording anything today, since everytime I've turned the feed on these past 48 hours, they were either doing their weekly task with the strings or rehearsing that new dance of theirs.

If I hear "Oh-oh... Oh-oh-oh-oh" one more time, I'll go insane.  :o

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 12:54 AM »
Failed weekly task again, their 4th consequetive week...mukhang mahina ang teamwork ng batch na to..

Ano na naman kaya ang masasabi ni Jas-MEAN dito..lalo na dahil hindi siya sumabit..sisi na naman ito, nakow.. :-\

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 01:18 AM »
I think the tasks this season are tougher. Or is it just my perception?

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 01:47 AM »
Wendy is such a biatch...they were computing next week's budget when she kept stressing her precious yosi, making Mickey call her out. As usual, napikon siya, so nag-drama na naman, with full tears on mode, whining that if they get her 5 sticks, she won't eat na lang for a week, blah blah blah. You can easily tell that most of the housemates are afraid of making her mad, so they either keep their mouths shut or go over to Wendy to comfort her. But not Mickey--he stressed over and over that everyone should get a say on what they want for themselves, and not be forced to give the smokers cigarettes just because naaawa sila sa kanila. Robert & Nel are also smokers, yet they don't throw a hissyfit over the lack of cigarettes.  :P
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007 at 01:49 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 02:48 AM »
sorry to butt in guys. i don't want the show but i feel like i have by reading your posts everyday. anyway, my wife told me that it was on the news that the baguio girl was The Girl on the baguio scandals? interesting  ;D  thanks for the 24x7 posts and i'll sure keep reading them
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007 at 02:49 AM by RNIverson »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 03:00 AM »
^^the Baguio girl (Mikah) mentioned it during the live feed, that she was mistaken for the girl in the Baguio scandal, but she's not the girl.

aw, crap--Wendy got the 6th call.  :P

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 08:55 PM »
Wendy is such a biatch...they were computing next week's budget when she kept stressing her precious yosi, making Mickey call her out. As usual, napikon siya, so nag-drama na naman, with full tears on mode, whining that if they get her 5 sticks, she won't eat na lang for a week, blah blah blah. You can easily tell that most of the housemates are afraid of making her mad, so they either keep their mouths shut or go over to Wendy to comfort her. But not Mickey--he stressed over and over that everyone should get a say on what they want for themselves, and not be forced to give the smokers cigarettes just because naaawa sila sa kanila. Robert & Nel are also smokers, yet they don't throw a hissyfit over the lack of cigarettes.  :P
sinabi mo pa....Wendy is such a major Beeyach!!!   Im pretty embarrased I even liked her in the beginning......she's manipulative,   and self centered....I really dont trust her.......thats why its a major crap that she got the 6th call......   

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 11:19 PM »
Guys, can you give me a recap on what happened during the primetime show today? I was out of the house and missed the whole thing.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 11:57 PM »
Guys, can you give me a recap on what happened during the primetime show today? I was out of the house and missed the whole thing.
a trio of games for the HMs....first off, boys vs girls, the group who catches the most number of eels win.....the eels in a boxed pond.  The boys won.....which prompted a championship round...The winner getting an exmption in the next nomination.  With the boys draped with oil all over, they jostled in a wrestling and shoving match in a elevated stage...the last off wins.  Kian won....but the condition, he'll only be exempted if he doesnt get evicted tomorrow.

There was also a consolation game for the girls, two girls who can hang on the longest on the rings will earn P1000 each shopping in the stock room.....those who wont hang on will fall on a pit.  Wendy and Gee-ann won.

After that, the boys bet that wendy will use the P1000 for yosi.......I'll be surprised if she doesnt....

The girls meanwhile , and Wendy was the most vocal one, though it was unfair pitting them against the boys....and where all aghast with the competitive streak the boys showed in the eel pond and in the wrestling/shoving game, kesyo parang di sila yung boys na napaka gentleman sa kanila........havent these girls learned anything yet?  that boys will always have that competitive nature in them?

oh btw, almost all of them suffered nick and cuts in the games....
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2007 at 12:00 AM by Munskie »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Mar 25, 2007 at 12:10 AM »
^^yup, they held the Sports League games--not really games at all, but more of like "Fear Factor"-type of stunts. 

Before the eel-catching though, there was a first game where 2 members from each team submerge their entire bodies into a drum of water, with one going in first while the other waited. While the first housemate was underwater, the guys were asked trivia questions by Big Brother (like Sino ang unang babaeng housemate na sinabitan ng lei ni Dionne?) as the girls would create a ruckus to distract the guys from thinking. When the first submerged housemate could no longer stay underwater, it was time for the second housemate to go underwater. As long as one housemate remained underwater, the questions would keep coming. The game ends if the second housemate comes out of the water. The guys won, answering 6 questions, while the girls could only answer 3.

Wendy must be on cloud 9 by now, first with the power to alter the upcoming nominations, and now a P1,000 bonus, which she'll probably spend all on yosi.  :P