Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2  (Read 108394 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2
« Reply #360 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 08:39 PM »
I was at work all afternoon, so I set my DVR to record a six hour segment of the live feeds.

What did I get?

Six straight hours of palaspas-making.  :-\

What's "palaspas" in English, anyway? And I don't mean the palm fronds or the palm tree, but rather, that thing made from palm fronds that we have blessed on Palm Sunday and hang in our houses for the rest of the year.  ::)

==========

The nominees just gave away their parting gifts. While everyone gave heartfelt speeches and tearful messages about why their "parting gifts" were significant, Zeke was hilarious once again, giving away kangaroo and koala toys with a little nonsense speeches like "This is for Bruce, because it has a boomerang; this is for Wendy, since it's wearing a hat; this is for Dionne, because... it's brown..."  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 at 12:39 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 10:47 PM »
Wow!

15.67% Zeke lost out to 15.98% Dionne... I wonder how many votes that was!

Amazingly, Dionne on the live feeds was crying hysterically after Zeke's eviction, despite the way Zeke treated her in the confession room. Now I feel bad for her, since clearly, she really did fall in love with him.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #362 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 11:23 PM »
^
yeah, it became obvious that she really likes him a lot. patay sya sa bf niya paglabas! hehehe...  ::)
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new everywhere!
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 12:25 AM »
Close call for Dionne, although she really seemed to have a thing for Zeke..But then again, if this if its not true, i have to say shes really wise for resorting to it. its her only good defense/explanation for the "misbehaviors" she commited. and come to think of it, she's a good actress, as she had shown with the crying thing on the "secret housemate task" with zeke..  8)

another magpakatotoo housemate gone, who's next?

====

gee-ann is really going strong with the voting thing, two straight weeks on the top, with a very wide gap even...although i dont dislike her, i hope this doesnt mean shes going to win...shes not good enough for me, IMHO. cant see anything to admire except her physical attributes ::)

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 04:04 AM »
another week of bea?! my golly!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #365 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 07:32 AM »
Close call for Dionne, although she really seemed to have a thing for Zeke..But then again, if this if its not true, i have to say shes really wise for resorting to it. its her only good defense/explanation for the "misbehaviors" she commited. and come to think of it, she's a good actress, as she had shown with the crying thing on the "secret housemate task" with zeke..  8)

another magpakatotoo housemate gone, who's next?

====

gee-ann is really going strong with the voting thing, two straight weeks on the top, with a very wide gap even...although i dont dislike her, i hope this doesnt mean shes going to win...shes not good enough for me, IMHO. cant see anything to admire except her physical attributes ::)

Gee-ann's was crying all night while Mickey tried to comfort her. She feels she doesn't desrve to be at the house because she was nominated twice but feels much worse because she was also saved twice. She thinks  it's only her relatives who are trying to save her and she is kind of irritated at her mom for continuing to vote for her. When Mickey tells her it's impossible that only her relatives will vote her and have the power to actually skew the voting in her favor she does not believe him. She said that if it were true then people would have reacted when she was announced as saved. She said she got almost no shrieks from the viewers when she was announced safe, unlike when Bea's and Wendy's names were called.

She is one insecure girl and somehow I feel for her.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #366 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 08:05 AM »
Oh Noes! Zeke's gone...

As proof that he provided the funny stuff, one hour after the housemates resumed their palaspas making, they lapsed into an awkward silence.

I'm glad Bea stays on for another week...despite her annoying laugh, of all the girls, I think she is the most sincere, and as many have put it, maternal. Despite Zeke's angry threats and words to her a week ago, she remained cordial and nice to him, even while he was Imelda, and they even shared laughs when they were on kitchen duty while the others were making the palaspas. She's also some kind of manic Martha Stewart, always obsessed on cleaning and making stuff organized...  ;D

Gee-Ann felt very paranoid after the eviction, but Mickey was right--she has changed a lot since the first week, she's stronger now. There was a funny scene when Mickey and Robert were trying to comfort her, they said they were actually brothers, or half brothers, and that briefly snapped Gee-Ann out of her insecure funk. At the very least she should make the Big 4, but I don't want her to win--so far my current frontrunner for PBB winner is Mickey.  8)
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 at 08:07 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 09:14 AM »
For the boys, it's Mickey for me while I'll go for Dionne for the girls. but if the voting results are any indication, she might have a problem staying in the house if she is nominated again. Sayang since she's the only intelligent girl in the house, barring the ill-advised attraction for Zeke.

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 01:18 PM »
Gee-Ann felt very paranoid after the eviction, but Mickey was right--she has changed a lot since the first week, she's stronger now. There was a funny scene when Mickey and Robert were trying to comfort her, they said they were actually brothers, or half brothers, and that briefly snapped Gee-Ann out of her insecure funk. At the very least she should make the Big 4, but I don't want her to win--so far my current frontrunner for PBB winner is Mickey.  8)

it was very funny when BB gave her the sick task and learned that she needs to act as if she's losing her appetite.  if she (with mickey and wendy) failed, there's a corresponding punishment. she said, "doble-dobleng nominations na 'to!"
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 03:25 PM »
There was a funny scene when Mickey and Robert were trying to comfort her, they said they were actually brothers, or half brothers, and that briefly snapped Gee-Ann out of her insecure funk.

She actually snapped out and said, "I think the twist isn't that you're brothers, but that the two of you are Brokeback."  ;D

As much as I want Mickey to win at this point, I have a feeling he'll have the same problem as that experienced by Zeke and Uma (in the Final Four) when the public is voting. Because of being perceived as a "foreigner," neither got enough masa votes, and those are the ones that count.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 at 03:26 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 04:24 PM »
Marami na pala ang nangyari....while was out for a short beach vacation......a little dissapointed to know Zeke was booted out...

Oh btw, have you seen the Inquirer article regarding the MTRCB and PBB...., me directive pala talaga na to avoid focusing the camera to Dionne because of the sunblock incident...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 05:02 PM »
Huwwattt!  Is that article posted online? That's too extreme even for MTRCB! Do they think that merely showing Dionne's face will arouse prurient thoughts in all of the viewers?

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 05:38 PM »
heres the part of the article:

"I appreciate that the network readily apologized." Laguardia told Inquirer in a phone interview.  "In my opinion, that scene (sunblock) was really vulgar and indecent."

Laguardia also expressed satisfaction that the "camera is no longer focusing on Dionne."

In his March 27 letter, Dyogi assured that Laguardia that PBB would "avoid giving exposure" to Dionne.

Wawa talaga Dionne sa article na yun.....ang title pa "Naughty Housemate Gets PBB in Trouble"

I guess its a voluntary move by ABS to avoid giving exposure to Dionne.   Also stated is that Dionne was also prohibited from having any interaction with Zeke from March 28-31.    Moot point na.... 

Kaya pala very quick rin na may change focus sa camera pag meron sensitive situations.....still sucks though.....
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 at 05:40 PM by Munskie »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
Huwwattt!  Is that article posted online?

Here's the full article.

Poor Dionne. I feel bad for her and for her family. Oh, and for her boyfriend, as well.

Poor us. So now we'll be stuck with more palaspas-making type scenes, as well.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 10:43 PM »
That is quite unfair and uncalled for. I hate these holier than thou pricks. Laguardia should drink the sunblock lotion. That was such a knee jerk reaction for the MTRCB and ABS-CBN has done a Zeke by feeding Dionne to the wolves just to appease the powers that be.

PBB can be so self righteous sometimes and at other times quite insensitive. Did you guys see the primetime episode tonight where BB asked Nel to draw blood from Robert? They were trying to make fun of Robert's obvious phobia of needles for entertainment value. Robert was right, they are using his phobia against him. I told my wife that if that happened to me, I'd agree but on the condition that BB also gets his blood drawn -- but I'll do it personally.

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 11:05 PM »
BB actually put Robert into an awkward position. If he declined the blood draw, BB might equate it as not fulfilling his tasks.  Kung sa blood donation nga, hindi niya kinaya, ito pa kayang sakit-sakitan gimik lang?  I like it when he puts himself forward to BB. It's about time na may umaalma rin kay BB once in a while.  The thing, though, is, like any Pinoy parents, ang pangangatwiran para kay BB ay simbolo ng kawalan ng respeto.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 11:21 PM »
Well my girlfriend really hates BB right now, mejo crush nya kasi si Robert.. I agree though nagpopower tripping na talaga si big brother..My point talga na umalma si Robert.. pero mejo binalktad siya ni BB, na sinabi binabalik lang sa kanya yung pagaalaga na ginawa niya sa tatay.. But that's crap! Its ok if its real but he's lying about his sickness so nakakaguilty talaga yun, and using your weakness against you?That's mean!

But on the other hand, alam ko meron part this week dapat about conquering your fear e, baka yun yun.pero as i remember diba dapat sa phone calls yun?Pero wala naman ako nakikitang big red phone this week..but again maybe BB is just trying to help him...Or maybe BB is just trying to discover each housemate's limitation at pag di na kaya magbaback-down na..

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 12:12 AM »
My point talga na umalma si Robert.. pero mejo binalktad siya ni BB...

BB tends to do that ALL that time!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 12:34 AM »
I again recorded the live feed instead of the network broadcast. Wasn't tonight supposed to be nominations night? Was it moved?

On the live feeds right now, I have to say this life-sized Snakes and Ladders game they're playing is very inspired. It's comparable to challenges on Big Brother US with the way it was designed.  :)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 06:36 AM »
^^That Snakes & Ladders game caused a meltdown for Gee-Ann, which was really disturbing to watch. I'm about to take back what I said about her being "stronger", as seeing a grown 20-something woman wailing, squealing and naglulupasay while repeatedly calling out for her Mommy was pathetic, and for what, being submerged in icky water just slightly above the knees? It's not like there were snakes in there... All that crying also melted her heavy eye makeup, making her look like Tammy Faye Bakker.

The housemates didn't know what to do, and looked helpless--only Bea, Mickey and Dionne tried to comfort her and calm her down, but Gee-Ann kept on squealing, only stopping when Big Brother kept asking, "Kaya mo pa ba?" I actually thought she was going to scream out, "Gusto ko nang lumabas ng bahay!"

Wendy later screamed nonstop after going into a pit with mice, but at least she didn't cry out for her Mommy. Mickey won the game, and the prize of automatic immunity.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2007 at 06:37 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 12:35 PM »
wow didn't see that, wala livefeed e..sana i-air nila yun sa primetime...baka nga sa halip na tumatag to si gee-ann e magkaroon pa ng nervous-breakdown...sumali kaya to on her own accord or did her family or even shrink suggested it? ::) hope she makes it..

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 02:28 PM »
My first thought was that it could be a secret task, but she appeared really hysterical. And it doesn't make sense why would she be given a secret task during an event with immunity as the prize. Then again, with the confession room conversations not shown on the live feed, it's difficult to determine whether a housemate could be acting out a task or not. If that was all an act, then I have to give her credit; if not, a visit from the house shrink is due...
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2007 at 02:38 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 03:02 PM »
i am a little uneasy about gee-ann's sanity, honestly...with doll-thing first of all and some other things.. i remember when her BF(who supposedly made a fool out of her) and bestfriend was interviewed, i have a feeling that the supposedly panloloko is not real, they can't just speak of it openly, even the very cute bestfriend seemed to gravitate toward the guy, they were sort of disregarding what gee-ann said, and have secret thoughts on what really happened..para lang sa  loob-loob nila "heto na naman si gee-ann, kung ano-ano na naman sinasabi, tinotopak na naman".. :o

of course the cute bestfriend might be the third party gee-ann was talking about.. ::)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 11:56 PM »
Mickey......galing!!!!  Great hip hop dance....me surprise ka jam pa sya........ngayon lang naging emotional si Mickey....

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 12:20 AM »
Great dance from Mickey, but way hilarious dance showdown between him and Nel. Nel's dance moves are just so funny. Which reminds me of this funny story the boys were sharing with the girls a couple of nights ago. Apparently, for the first two weeks in the house, Nel has been using the girls' feminine wash for his face. He thought it was facial wash. Nel only started becoming suspicious because he was the only one using it. The girls, on the other hand, were also beginning to wonder why their feminine wash was getting used up so fast.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 12:24 AM »
Mickey's the toast of the girls right now.   Inggit cgurado ibang guys nyan....

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 12:26 AM »
Apparently, for the first two weeks in the house, Nel has been using the girls' feminine wash for his face. He thought it was facial wash. Nel only started becoming suspicious because he was the only one using it. The girls, on the other hand, were also beginning to wonder why their feminine wash was getting used up so fast.
   Mukha ba P*k-p*k and mukha ni Nel?   hahahahaha  sorry...cant help it...  ;D ;D

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 12:31 AM »
Great dance from Mickey, but way hilarious dance showdown between him and Nel. Nel's dance moves are just so funny. Which reminds me of this funny story the boys were sharing with the girls a couple of nights ago. Apparently, for the first two weeks in the house, Nel has been using the girls' feminine wash for his face. He thought it was facial wash. Nel only started becoming suspicious because he was the only one using it. The girls, on the other hand, were also beginning to wonder why their feminine wash was getting used up so fast.

kakaiba naman yun.. at least yung ibang mga kilala ko ginamit lang sa buhok, akala shampoo... ;D

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 01:36 AM »
BB actually put Robert into an awkward position. If he declined the blood draw, BB might equate it as not fulfilling his tasks.  Kung sa blood donation nga, hindi niya kinaya, ito pa kayang sakit-sakitan gimik lang?  I like it when he puts himself forward to BB. It's about time na may umaalma rin kay BB once in a while.  The thing, though, is, like any Pinoy parents, ang pangangatwiran para kay BB ay simbolo ng kawalan ng respeto.

i'm a bit worried dun sa isang consequence sa red phone call, which is aahitin yung kabilang kilay. for me, kung ako yun baka lalabas na lang ako. baka mas ok pa magpakalbo. and i've read almost the same sentiments from different boards. sobrang overboard na yata yun. di naman ito survivor or fear factor.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2007 at 01:37 AM by gearhead »
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 02:22 AM »
i'm a bit worried dun sa isang consequence sa red phone call, which is aahitin yung kabilang kilay. for me, kung ako yun baka lalabas na lang ako. baka mas ok pa magpakalbo. and i've read almost the same sentiments from different boards. sobrang overboard na yata yun. di naman ito survivor or fear factor.

i feel that's also going overboard. to think, that unlike hair, there's a tendency for eyebrows not to grow back.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2007 at 02:23 AM by jekoy »
Absolutely no regrets!