Author Topic: SAMSUNG/SONY March LCD GROUP BUY!!  (Read 22093 times)

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SAMSUNG/SONY March LCD GROUP BUY!!
« on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM »
hi guys,

me, stained and a couple of others will be planning a group buy of samsung and sony lcd's this coming sunday @ 1pm.

we bought at digital savers!!

CASH BASIS!!(single pruchase price)
partial list of what can be had at ambassador:
*updated to reflect samsung website prices 3/4/07
samsung, NO FREEBIES included:
32n71 = 63k
32r71w = 55k
32r71b = 55k
32s71 = 48k

sony lcd:
32v200a is at 75k, my contact says he can go lower... but didnt give an exact value.
32s200a is now at 55k, same as above... but i'd suggest you get the 32v200a if wallet permits.

current list:
1. staind = from 32n71 to 32v200a
2. allenwfc = from 32n71 to 32r71 + "i dunno what i got" haha
3. ryuzaki = from 32n71 to 32r71 + ht-qx100, not sure what he got
4. posh = shopping around for a 32v200a
5. dips = rom 32n71 to 32r71
6. push = bought 32s200a
7. Funky_Monkey = 32r71
8. jipi = from 32n71 to 32pf7321 (tama ba model?)

*note: im not sure if it was posh or push that bought a s200a

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT WENT AND BOUGHT!! ^^
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: SAMSUNG LCD GROUP BUY!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM »
Where did you get this 20% cash discount?  Does the 20% discount still come with the freebies?  Where can we avail of this offer?  Thanks.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
Where did you get this 20% cash discount?  Does the 20% discount still come with the freebies?  Where can we avail of this offer?  Thanks.

a. any respectable appliance shop can give you this discount with some basic haggling.
b. it comes with freebies.
c. see "a"

you can also read this post of mine..
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=63358.0

uhhmm.. if you plan to buy within the week or so, you can buy with us so we can ask for an even better price..
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:21 PM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:24 PM »
Thanks, I knew you could haggle with appliance stores but I wasn't aware that they were going to give discounts of up to 20%. 

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:26 PM »
Thanks, I knew you could haggle with appliance stores but I wasn't aware that they were going to give discounts of up to 20%. 

20% is usually the threshold point.. anything higher than that requires more effort.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 02:05 PM »
20% is usually the threshold point.. anything higher than that requires more effort.

and that is why we're trying to get more people to do a group buy.

NOTE that allen and i just met yesterday and only knew each other in this forum. Also, we are not affilliated with any store! we are consumers just like most people here (i would think). we will buy from the store that gives us the best package (i.e. best price, warranty, service, freebies, etc.) we could find. so if anyone of you are connected to any store, feel free to post in this thread or PM us your best package.

lastly, we are not making money from this! our efforts are so we can save some of our hard-earned money by getting a discount from this group buy. if none can be had, we'll buy separately on our own.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 02:25 PM by staind01 »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 03:56 PM »

lastly, we are not making money from this! our efforts are so we can save some of our hard-earned money by getting a discount from this group buy. if none can be had, we'll buy separately on our own.

Actually, if you could give us a discount of 20% or more, we really wouldn't mind if you are making any money.  Anything that would help us get a discount is would be considered a service.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:02 PM »
Actually, if you could give us a discount of 20% or more, we really wouldn't mind if you are making any money.  Anything that would help us get a discount is would be considered a service.

true, but personally i wouldnt want to be in that position.. since that means i'd have to provide some degree of service and support.. which for me is a waste of my time.

i just want to get my lcd at the darn cheapest price. :)

you wanna join the group buy?

assuming the we find a store that offers good prices for the samsung and they also offer lg products, would you like to join in?

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:14 PM »
Sure, if the price is right, why not.  Im still not decided on what brand/size to buy.  But if you have a supplier that would give us 20% off on Samsung products and still include the freebies, Im game for that.  I can also probably get my in-laws to buy a set or two to go with the group.

Offline poch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:31 PM »
hi guys,

me, stained and a couple of others will be planning a group buy of the 32n71 this week or maybe if if enouhg ppl request for it.

current price of 32 n71 = 109,990
this includes either a 29 inch tv worth 30k(srp) or a nv3 digital camera worth 25k(srp)
and also a 2gb mp3 player worth 8k(srp).

with a 20% cash discount this comes at 88k. we hope to push this down even further with a group buy.
assuming you sell all the free tv and mp3 player at 50% value of sep .. (naturally you should sell higher than this) this comes out
at almost 69k!!!

if you  want to buy any other samung model and size, just check www.samsung.com.ph
then shave of 20% the srp price. im sure we can easily haggle for something even lower, during the group buy.

current list:
1. stained = confirmed 32n71 and will get ht-qx100 htib set also
2. allenwfc = confirmed 32n71 and deciding if i'll get the ht-q20 for resale
3. ryukai = waiting for confirmation.
4. posch = waiting for confirmation.

allenwfc,
pm'd staind01 and told him i'll be coming w/ you guys this weekend when you buy your lcd. if given a good price, i might just buy that day as well. i'm eyeing the v200a btw.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:50 PM »
Sure, if the price is right, why not.  Im still not decided on what brand/size to buy.  But if you have a supplier that would give us 20% off on Samsung products and still include the freebies, Im game for that.  I can also probably get my in-laws to buy a set or two to go with the group.

that's great news! we would have more leverage with more people/sets to buy.

but pls do some auditioning on your own because we wouldn't wanna force you into buying something that you wouldn't like or regret buying even if we get a great deal on it, right?

allen and i are pretty much set on the 32N71 (that is, unless an awesome deal on a plasma falls on our laps! ;) ). we both know some of its strengths and weaknesses.

poch,
if you check the S200 thread and call the shop that gives discounts on it, you'd find out that V200 goes for P79K with store warranty. allen and i even went there yesterday to confirm it. P78K daw pag group buy. that's the best they could offer.

allen has found a shop that sells it for P75K with Sony-Phils warranty! no freebies given by both stores. so this is your best bet. we're still haggling with this store to give us a very good price on the N71 bundle.

we'll keep u guys posted.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:56 PM by staind01 »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
Will let you guys know.  Ill be going around mega and shang this pm to audition the sets.  Just wondering, have you guys already found a store from which you guys will do the haggling or are you guys going around different appliance stores looking for the best deals?

Bottomline, are we assured of getting at least a 20% discount?

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 04:54 PM »
Will let you guys know.  Ill be going around mega and shang this pm to audition the sets.  Just wondering, have you guys already found a store from which you guys will do the haggling or are you guys going around different appliance stores looking for the best deals?

yes, we are assured of 20% discount or P88K with freebies. we are trying to go for P85K or better. ;)

have fun tonight!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:15 PM »
Will let you guys know.  Ill be going around mega and shang this pm to audition the sets.  Just wondering, have you guys already found a store from which you guys will do the haggling or are you guys going around different appliance stores looking for the best deals?

first choice is savers hub, since they have a complete line up of brands and products.

fallback would be ambassador and automatic center, but they might not offer the sony 32v200 at 75k.

and yes the 20% is guranteed, it's only the better than 20% that i cant make any definitive gurantees.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:16 PM »

just update us on your auditioning  :)

it would be great if you can buy with us on the weekend  ;D

Offline ryuzaki_L

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: SAMSUNG/SONY LCD GROUP BUY!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:18 PM »
So do we have a date and time yet?

And I'm 90% sure that I'll be getting a N71 w/ a ht-q20.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:19 PM by ryuzaki_L »
Format Neutral
Blu-Ray: 4
HD DVD: 16
PS3 & 360 add-on

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:26 PM »
So do we have a date and time yet?

And I'm 90% sure that I'll be getting a N71 w/ a ht-q20.

hi allen,

pls update the orig post with the above info.

thanks!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
hi allen,

pls update the orig post with the above info.

thanks!

done :)

also, i think there is the need to clarify on this stuff...

our basic plan, is to final haggle and buy on the spot, and then have them deliver the lcd to our homes at a later date (free delivery)

or is there anyone, who wants to be able to take home a lcd on the same day?(not avail of the free delivery for some reason)

also, we need to decide if we are buying on sun or sat....
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:39 PM by allenwfc »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:35 PM »
Where is this savers hub?  When, where and what time will this be this weekend?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:41 PM »

pm'd you already the address and location.

we are now in the process of discussing the details :)

its still monday.. we need to into account everyones free time and and the free time of potential other ppl who might buy with us.. i guess that also includes your in laws :)

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:47 PM »

i'm still in talks with them. they're still confirming Samsung Phils SRP on the N71. they have the old flyer daw e which says P119,900 whilst other stores have it at P109,900 SRP. once confirmed, they'll give us their best offer. fingers crossed.

we'll have to check everyone's sked for this weekend. majority rules.

pls also shop around. who knows, you might find a better price or you might be a better negotiator! :)

Offline poch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 05:51 PM »
allen, pls pm me the name and address of the shop that sells the v200a @ 75k. i'll try to do some auditioning this week. tnx

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 06:02 PM »
@poch pm sent :)

@staind we should push upon them the fact that we are now at 4 buyers with potential to reach 5-7 ( dips and family).
the cheaper the better... im not calm enough to haggle effectively... but i hope one of you guys can convince them to give us 25-30% discount.

this translates as 83k for 25% and 77k for 30 % ;D

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 06:11 PM »
left my contact nos. with them. already told them that we are a group. :) they're still verifying SRP with samsung and since it's pretty late, they might get back to me tomorrow na. will keep u posted.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:00 PM »
bad news: star hub, seems to refuse to acknowledge that the current srp of 32n71 is 109k.. hell they are disregarding the 75k price they quoted(to stained)... i havent asked them personally though...

good news: i went to my fallback shop.. ambassador.. just called them up at a few mins ago... they are still commited to the well below 88k  for the 32n71 and i asked them about the 32inch v200a. they say they are willing to give it a shot to meet the 75k price, assuming there are enough of us buying(i told them we are 4 sure buy with possible 5) ^^

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:03 PM »
sir allen pa-pm din naman po ng stores, contact numbers and locations, audition din ako, thanks so much.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:08 PM »
bad news: star hub, seems to refuse to acknowledge that the current srp of 32n71 is 109k.. hell they are disregarding the 75k price they quoted(to stained)... i havent asked them personally though...

good news: i went to my fallback shop.. ambassador.. just called them up at a few mins ago... they are still commited to the well below 88k  for the 32n71 and i asked them about the 32inch v200a. they say they are willing to give it a shot to meet the 75k price, assuming there are enough of us buying(i told them we are 4 sure buy with possible 5) ^^

d@mn! utterly disappointed!! :( since they still have the old P119,900 SRP, best they could give it was for P95K with freebies. oh well, their lost not ours.

thanks for confirming with ambassador. i guess that's where we'll be buying!

c u guys on the weekend!

Offline meateater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:18 PM »
Any idea how much they can give the samsung 32 inch r71 for kung sasali ako sa group buy?
Hehe im also itching to get a new tv.

Haaay as always the only thing stopping me is my wallet.  :-\
LG 60 LB5800
Denon AVR x1100w
Polk Audio RTi A3 & CSi A6
Looking for a sub

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:49 PM »
Any idea how much they can give the samsung 32 inch r71 for kung sasali ako sa group buy?
Hehe im also itching to get a new tv.

Haaay as always the only thing stopping me is my wallet.  :-\

the 32r71 is at 90k so less 20% is 72k. hopefully we can get a lower price for that :)

so are you willing to join us on the group buy? :)

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 08:03 PM »
sir,

applicable lang to for cash purchases? how about for 0% terms? kaya ba?
Ye Boy! :p