Author Topic: SAMSUNG/SONY March LCD GROUP BUY!!  (Read 22094 times)

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SAMSUNG/SONY LCD GROUP BUY!!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 08:06 PM »
sir,

applicable lang to for cash purchases? how about for 0% terms? kaya ba?

im sure they can give a discount.. but no where near the 20% for card purchases...

if your interested, you can tag along during the weeknd :)
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:06 PM »
bad news: star hub, seems to refuse to acknowledge that the current srp of 32n71 is 109k.. hell they are disregarding the 75k price they quoted(to stained)... i havent asked them personally though...

good news: i went to my fallback shop.. ambassador.. just called them up at a few mins ago... they are still commited to the well below 88k  for the 32n71 and i asked them about the 32inch v200a. they say they are willing to give it a shot to meet the 75k price, assuming there are enough of us buying(i told them we are 4 sure buy with possible 5) ^^

I just came back from browsing.  Not much auditioning as I was kinda in a rush.  Anyway, went to Shang and Megamall and the stores there.  If anyone wants the 32v200a, I think its selling for 75k at Sights and Sounds with Sony Philippines warranty.  The 32s200 is selling for 65k.  I also went to the Ambassador branch in Shang.  It seems as if the discounting depends on which store you get it from.  I was initially quoted something similar to a 20% discount on the lowest 32 inch lcd model at 63xxx from 79900 walang freebies though.  When the owner/manager came around, she just offered me the r71 model at 5 thousand less but with more freebies at 0% for 12 months.  I tried asking for a cash price but she wouldnt give me one.  Plus hanggang Feb na lang daw.  Ill try calling our contact sa downtown branch nila.

Allenwfc, could you verify if your contact at Ambassador is still giving out the freebies with the 20% discount and the timetable for the availability of the offer?  I do have a feeling that Samsung will have a price drop soon considering that a lot of their counterparts have just done the same. 

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:15 AM »
the 32r71 is at 90k so less 20% is 72k. hopefully we can get a lower price for that :)

so are you willing to join us on the group buy? :)

sir i went to ambassador greenhills vmall yesterday and talked to the owner, willing to give the samsung 32r71 at 69.5k for cash buyer without the freebies. hehe partida hindi ok ang haggling skills ko, goodluck everybody, hope ako din makakuha na next time. keep us posted!
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:17 AM by prick27 »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 07:54 AM »
The 32r71 at 69.5k is more than 20%.  Maybe we should double check that Allen's contact would still give us the freebies. 

Offline AsiaStreak

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • We make this world less primitive
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 08:56 AM »
those are attractive prices already. halos kapareho na ng employee discount ng samsung.
since 2 days na lang, march na, better wait for a few more days.  dips is right, Samsung releases new sets of prices at the start of each month. bihira naman nagtataas ng price. ang aircon siguro, expected to go up, if not this month, baka next. pero sa tv, lalo na lcd, hope na lang na tayo na bumaba. at malaki ang ibaba. :)

mukhang marami na kayo, marami rin sigurong nag aabang sa buy n sell ng mga freebies niyo.  ;D
good luck sa inyo!  :)
check out our other products ->  www.Asiastreak.com

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 09:31 AM »
the question is, what would be the freebies for March? sana parehas lang or better than the Feb. promo.

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 09:53 AM »
hintay pa ako until nasa 50k yung cash price ng lcd tv ng samsung  ;D

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 10:47 AM »
If all else fails, I guess I could still end up with that LG set or the toshiba 32wl66 with the trade in promo of listening in style.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 10:55 AM »
If all else fails, I guess I could still end up with that LG set or the toshiba 32wl66 with the trade in promo of listening in style.

what's the details of that trade-in promo again?

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 11:06 AM »
They're offering certain models for discounts if you trade in any working tv 14" and upwards.  Im not sure about the particulars but for the 32wl66e, its less 15k so you can get it for around 54k 6 mos. 0% interest.  Cash buyers may ask for a bigger discount. 

The amount of the discount varies.  Ill try to post the list when I get home later. 

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 11:24 AM »
Just called Ambassador (downtown branch).  Their prices for freebies and straight cash are somewhat different.  About 20% off for cash without freebies and around 10k more for the freebies.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 11:31 AM »
Just called Ambassador (downtown branch).  Their prices for freebies and straight cash are somewhat different.  About 20% off for cash without freebies and around 10k more for the freebies.

if this is the case then i'd be leaning towards the 32V200 more.

hopefully, we could get both the 20% discount AND the freebies for the N71. 

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 01:16 PM »
i feel the need to re-iterate that the 20% discount i got included the freebies already...

also, on the freebies that they will be giving, it normally changes on every "even" month for samsung *march is an odd month*
though it isnt a hard and fixed rule for samsung... plus the camera freebie is recent feb. addition..while the tv's has been going for more than a year. so i dont expect any major changes... at most they will bring back the old cell phone freebies or whatever old stock or low selling model they need to get rid of.

also, even though shops say that the promo "ends" on so and so month... i've never seen a shop actually turn me down when I ask for the freebies of a older month (hell some shops still use the freebie list of oct. 2006)

as for the possible decrease of price in march.. i have doubts the n71 dropping in march.. it already moved in price twice in feb.. 139k-119k then from 119k to 109k... now the sonoma, bordeaux and f71 series have very good chances of changing prices since they're prices have been very stagnant recently...

i'm ok with moving the purchase to next week or another day.. just tell me guys what your decision is.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 at 01:24 PM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #43 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 01:24 PM »
They're offering certain models for discounts if you trade in any working tv 14" and upwards.  Im not sure about the particulars but for the 32wl66e, its less 15k so you can get it for around 54k 6 mos. 0% interest.  Cash buyers may ask for a bigger discount. 

The amount of the discount varies.  Ill try to post the list when I get home later. 

I'll be waiting for your post re: the trade in promo :-)

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 01:41 PM »
updated first post.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:10 PM »
i feel the need to re-iterate that the 20% discount i got included the freebies already...

i'm ok with moving the purchase to next week or another day.. just tell me guys what your decision is.

excellent!!

on the contrary, i wanna move the purchase earlier as long as we get the above deal!! :D can't wait to bite the bullet. remember, once we've made the purchase, they'll deliver pa the goods so that's more wait time! :(

i want the LCD last week pa!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:14 PM »
Ill be going with you guys.  Ill just decide when we get there.  Which branch are we going to anyway?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:26 PM »
Ill be going with you guys.  Ill just decide when we get there.  Which branch are we going to anyway?

*secret* branch.. lets try not to pester them until we buy the lcd :)

we might scare away the offer... we already lost the star hub option.. and i dont have that many fallback shops left on my list :P

will you be brining or buying also for your in-laws if ever?

unfortunately ambassador only sells, sony, samsung and pionner tv's last i checked.

if any of you guys also, plan to get wharfedale speakers... they also have them..

guy's lets decide on a date and time then :)

choices are,
a. sat morning
b. sat afternoon
c. sun morning
d. sun afternoon
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:39 PM by allenwfc »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:34 PM »
Ill be buying for myself, but if the offer is as good as it sounds, i may be able to advance their order first then ask for reimbursement later.

Dont worry, I wont be making more inquiries from ambassador.  I just called our existing contact in the other branch. 

Thanks.

As for the time... cant sat morning since I have work.  Ill check if Im free in the afternoon. 

If I cant get a common sched with you guys, ill just give you a call once you're there and save the price and maybe I can just pay for it later that day.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 02:40 PM »
Ill be buying for myself, but if the offer is as good as it sounds, i may be able to advance their order first then ask for reimbursement later.

Dont worry, I wont be making more inquiries from ambassador.  I just called our existing contact in the other branch. 

Thanks.

As for the time... cant sat morning since I have work.  Ill check if Im free in the afternoon. 

If I cant get a common sched with you guys, ill just give you a call once you're there and save the price and maybe I can just pay for it later that day.

does that mean you prefer sunday then? :)

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 03:01 PM »
so far, my sked for the weekend is open 'cept for Sat. Night.... hopefully the missus won't make any other plans!

c u guys!

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 03:16 PM »
guys,
been monitoring this thread since yesterday.
i'm planning to get 1 also in the next 2 weeks.

the bravia s200 in sg is only 48K, im not sure if there will be taxes still if it will brought home by an ofw...lets say i'll add another 7K so that makes the s200 at 55K... currently thats the price and quality im beating. Most bang for the buck.

i've seen the toshi that listening in style is offering in their trade-in promo and im not impress...wont put my hard earned money into it... im incline also with the samsung R71(72K inclusive of 20%) or S71(64K inclusive of 20%)...

ur pressuring me! :D

should i wait for the S200 from SG and settle for international warranty(2-3weeks waiting)? OR
do i avail of S71 or R71 with 20% discount and freebies with local warranty?

Registered PDVD member since Nov. 02, 2002 \m/

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 03:17 PM »
ok..

our current potentila time slots are
a. sat. afternoon
b. sun. morning
c. sun afternoon

more imput for the others :)

also,

we currently have requests for 2 32n71 and 2 ht-q20's to be ready for on the spot take home.. any one else want to add? or are the rest having it delivered to their home?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 03:35 PM »
guys,

the bravia s200 in sg is only 48K, im not sure if there will be taxes still if it will brought home by an ofw...lets say i'll add another 7K so that makes the s200 at 55K... currently thats the price and quality im beating. Most bang for the buck.

i've seen the toshi that listening in style is offering in their trade-in promo and im not impress...wont put my hard earned money into it... im incline also with the samsung R71(72K inclusive of 20%) or S71(64K inclusive of 20%)...

should i wait for the S200 from SG and settle for international warranty(2-3weeks waiting)? OR

hmm...
pro and cons i see.. disregarding which brand is better arguments.

pro for local samsung:
a. guranteed local warranty
b. negligible wait time
c. no significant hassle during purchase.. aside from haggling(i foresee a lot of ppl pressuring the poor sales guy to cut prices haha)
d. 1 year 3 month warranty
e. selling of freebies brings it close to the sony price.. tied with the 32s

con:
a. higher initial cash outlay
b. lower potential resale value than sony
c. potentially lower warranty duration than an imported sony(maybe)

sony imported from sg.
a. base price is good(not sure on tax)
b. good resale value
c. same panel quality as samsung
d. 3 year warranty is always good (assuming sony phils honors it)

cons:
a. tax. we dunno how much they will charge for it
b. shipping cost!!
c. chance of breakage during shipping
d. if sony phils, doesnt honor warranty.. your screwed
e. wait time to recieve unit :P

*i suggest you confirm first if sony phils will honor the warranty from singapore and how many years it is.
also, do some research on the tax and shipping costs... if it turns out worthwile.. then buy the sony :)
if not.. well sama ka na sa amin :P

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 03:39 PM »
guys,

was in the same boat as you. was going to have a panny 43PX60U delivered from the US or an N71 from dubai but changed my mind when i kept thinking of the awful things that could happen during shipping and claiming the warranty. sure i'll get cheaper prices but the worrying ain't worth it.

at the end of the day, for a li'l more dough, i ended up deciding to buy locally especially with these prices! i'll have piece of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong, i can go to or call the store or the manufacturer to have it checked out.

but that's just me. :)

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
The person from Ambassador in downtown manila offered me the 32s200 at 92,990.  Supposedly it included freebies of around 48k in value.  If you care to sell these things after acquiring them, you might end up saving rather than buying from SG.  Then again, I dont know how easy it is to sell these freebies. 

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
allenwfc and staind01,

are you guys from hell? you're such good demons!! just kidding.. the more you're pressuring me... :D

right on the spot staind01...just what im feeling and thinking now... though i might have missed a point there.. if it will be coming from SG it will be brought home by my brother not shipped through a courier or something... though still there is the risk that the problem of being damage as a check-in luggage...

allenwfc you have a very objective reasoning there... thanx for the help... im trying my luck here would you know the number of sony philippines service center that i could call?

what would you recommend, stretch out to R71 or S71 is acceptable?

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 05:21 PM »
The person from Ambassador in downtown manila offered me the 32s200 at 92,990.  Supposedly it included freebies of around 48k in value.  If you care to sell these things after acquiring them, you might end up saving rather than buying from SG.  Then again, I dont know how easy it is to sell these freebies. 

actually i also considered this option... i do have a buyer for a digicam already(one of the freebies)..but i still dont have a buyer for the HT that is included...

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
By the way take into consideration that SG has Government Sales Taxes of up to 15%.  Though I believe this can be refunded upon departure from Singapore.  But of course that may take time to refund.  (However, considering that the bureaucracy in SG is not as bad as it is here, maybe not that long.)  Btw, as mentioned earlier, 65k in Sights and Sounds with Sony Phils warranty. 

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 05:26 PM »
if sony phils doesnt honor your warranty, shipping to and from sg for service will be costly, better ask first if they will, add the international call charges pa
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"