Author Topic: SAMSUNG/SONY March LCD GROUP BUY!!  (Read 22284 times)

Offline tylerdude

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SAMSUNG/SONY LCD GROUP BUY!!
« Reply #90 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 04:16 PM »
aren't there any price drops for samsung lcds? they usually change their promos beginning of the month.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 04:55 PM »
aren't there any price drops for samsung lcds? they usually change their promos beginning of the month.

Lets observe the prices until Saturday.  If ever, prices should adjust at most appliance stores by then.  If ever there is a price drop, we should negotiate for new prices before Sunday.

Offline PUSH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
hi guys,

me, stained and a couple of others will be planning a group buy of samsung and sony lcd's this weekend or maybe next if everyone decide to wait 1 week.

samsung, freebies included:
32n71 = 88k, sell all the freebies @ 50% srp value  = 69k
32r71w = 80k, sell all the freebies @ 50% srp value  = 70k
32r71b = 72k, sell all the freebies @ 50% srp value  = 62k
32s71 = 64k, sell all the freebies @ 50% srp value  = 54k

if you  want to buy any other samung model and size, just check www.samsung.com.ph
then shave of 20% the srp price. im sure we can easily haggle for something even lower, during the group buy.

sony lcd:
32v200a is at 75k, my contact says he can go lower... but didnt give an exact value.
32s200a is 65k, same as above... but i'd suggest you get the 32v200a if wallet permis.

if you want any other sony model, im sure they can supply it.

current list:
1. stained = confirmed 32n71 and will get ht-qx100 htib set also - will pick up unit
2. allenwfc = confirmed 32n71 and tentative on ht-q20 - will have it delivered
3. ryuzaki = confirmed 32n71 and will get ht-q20 - will pick up unit
4. posch = confirmed sony 32v200a - no confimation if pick up or deliver
5. dips = confirmed will attend, pending on model - will have it delivered
6. push = confirmed but undecided on model - no confimation if pick up or deliver
7. Funky_Monkey = will attend only, no purchase

*note: htib requires additional cost

i'll be pickin up my unit... i live in sta.rosa and baka dumating sakin next year pa kapag pina-deliver:D
Registered PDVD member since Nov. 02, 2002 \m/

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #93 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 05:16 PM »
ako din....kasama ako sa mga nag wewait and see kung may further price drop dis march  ;D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 05:16 PM »
@push, what unit will you be getting sir?
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
still undecided sir, but im leaning towards the s200...

1st choice s200
2nd choice r71
3rd choice s71

still haven't gone to the appliance centers lately to get a glimpse again of those models...

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #96 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 05:50 PM »
Lets observe the prices until Saturday.  If ever, prices should adjust at most appliance stores by then.  If ever there is a price drop, we should negotiate for new prices before Sunday.

IF (big IF) there'd be price drops then we'll simply take out 20% off of the new SRP then negotiate from there.

NOTE that we'll be dropping by several stores to check and negotiate prices before going to our #1 store of choice with whatever prices we're offered with. shld this store not price match or do better then we walk away, it's their lost.

but with a group of on-the-spot buyers, i'd find it hard for them to not offer the best they could.

so... let's meet at 1PM on sunday. venue will be an electronics store like anson's, abenson's, etc. Allen will be our contact person and will decide which branch we'll meet. dun na lang tayo sa Samsung section of that store while waiting for others. text2 na lang sa late comers kung nasan na tayo.

Allen'll PM all interested parties. let's not broadcast the meeting place here since we HAVE cash with us during the meet. gun ban pa naman.

Allen will also be our default spokesperson. this is not written in stone, others can step up anytime provided that they do so gracefully so we won't be stepping on each others toes. we'll know naman who's our best negotiator on sunday na e.

my 2 sentimos.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 06:09 PM »
still undecided sir, but im leaning towards the s200...

1st choice s200
2nd choice r71
3rd choice s71

still haven't gone to the appliance centers lately to get a glimpse again of those models...

sir, if you plan to take home your unit on the same day you to decide ahead of time what model you want..
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 06:11 PM »
IF (big IF) there'd be price drops then we'll simply take out 20% off of the new SRP then negotiate from there.

NOTE that we'll be dropping by several stores to check and negotiate prices before going to our #1 store of choice with whatever prices we're offered with. shld this store not price match or do better then we walk away, it's their lost.

but with a group of on-the-spot buyers, i'd find it hard for them to not offer the best they could.

so... let's meet at 1PM on sunday. venue will be an electronics store like anson's, abenson's, etc. Allen will be our contact person and will decide which branch we'll meet. dun na lang tayo sa Samsung section of that store while waiting for others. text2 na lang sa late comers kung nasan na tayo.

Allen'll PM all interested parties. let's not broadcast the meeting place here since we HAVE cash with us during the meet. gun ban pa naman.

Allen will also be our default spokesperson. this is not written in stone, others can step up anytime provided that they do so gracefully so we won't be stepping on each others toes. we'll know naman who's our best negotiator on sunday na e.

my 2 sentimos.

personally i'd suggest checks(ill ask if they accept) or keep money in atm card unitl purchase.

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 07:04 PM »
sir, if you plan to take home your unit on the same day you to decide ahead of time what model you want..

hmmm..ganun ba sir.. oo nga looks like i need to decide ahead of time to ensure that they have stock model... sheeezz!!!
sige sir i'll try to decide by tomorrow and inform you, thanx!

by the way, atm machines only allow 20K max withdrawal on a given day...

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #100 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 07:48 PM »
by the way, atm machines only allow 20K max withdrawal on a given day...

yep, that's the problem, me limit ang ATM... and, baka mahaba pila sa ATM!!  ;D ;D

allen,

bro, can you ask kung pde sa kanila BPI EPS without the charges? same as cash withdrawal naman yun e since debit card yun. sana pde para la tayong dalang cash.

thx!

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 08:01 PM »
yup...shoot din ako kay staind... mas ok yun BPI EPS...parang debit card... mas hassle-free yun...

allen, i've made up my mind i'll get the s200a... at 65K even without the freebies ok na din kasi thats around 35% off na sa current price nya now...

Offline promacdvd

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 09:51 PM »
bukas march 1 na! ano kaya bagong promo ng mga lcds?

i'm really tempted to buy 32s71 series. mura na kasi sya.
pero hindi ko pa naman gagamitin. mga december pa sana.

would it be wise not to buy now habang mura and antayin ko nalng around november to buy a unit.?

Offline jipi

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM »
guys,

I am also interested with this group buy. i ve made some inquiries also regarding different LCD TV and just to share to you that the rep at saver`s digital hub at edsa near SM north offered a best price for  sony 32s200a and  32V200 for 55t and 75t cash w/o the freebies respectively. Those who are interested in getting the 32s200 i think this is best price ive seen.

Guys just want your honest opinion, what do you think about toshiba regza wl66e LCD tv? .............They are offering a very attractive price and yet most of you guys are not interested. I ve  been planning to buy this brand of lcd particularly the 37wl66e which cost around 80t at 0% for 6 months wd trade in promo.

btw have you seen the new sharp aquos model px series (p for piano finish like samsung), with 6ms response rate, 2 hdmi, pip, its only cost 5t more than the bordeaux samsung model but with a 21inch flat tv, 30gig ipod video and wall bracket. Upon seeing this, i m again reconsidering my choices. better check it guys first..

thanks.. guys need info regarding toshiba regza :)

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:41 AM by jipi »

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 12:53 AM »
wow nice prices. sir pa-pm naman po ng contact numbers and exact location ng saver's digital hub. thanks so much sir. :)

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 02:10 AM »

would it be wise not to buy now habang mura and antayin ko nalng around november to buy a unit.?
you will always be able to get it cheaper if you wait. so if you are in no rush then wait :)

Offline jipi

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:34 AM »
Sorry i have no contact no. of saver`s digital hub.

Tip: when you go there, dont let them know you`re interested with their brand. Ask around all brands first and let them bid you to get their product at their best price.  If you`re interested with the s200a, i suggest you get v200, i noticed a big difference specially the color and picture details - well just my honest opinion. 

Those who are interested in getting samsung LCD TV, visit glorietta, they have a promo there where in you don`t need to add 5t anymore for the HT
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:38 AM by jipi »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 07:29 AM »
personally i'd suggest checks(ill ask if they accept) or keep money in atm card unitl purchase.

For buyers who will take the units home that day, bring cash or have access to cash.  For delivery buyers, checks should be acceptable.  Ive had a number of dealings with our store of choice and checks have never been a problem.  (Of course, since they don't know us, they will have to clear the check before delivery, but for some of us, that should be ok.)

Honestly, prices are probably going to drop a little further around November especially for current models.  Furthermore, you probably will have more choices on items to choses from if the different brands release new models by then. 

If you're not planning on buying one now, don't force it because if you see prices lower by the time you initially wanted to buy, you'll end up with regrets. 

If you're not sold on a particular model, also don't force it.  No matter how big a discount we get, this will still be a huge investment and you should just enjoy it when you get home. 

Guys, whoever will be making the rounds before Sunday, just let us know if there are any movements in prices for March.

Offline promacdvd

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 08:05 AM »
ok then. sounds like a good advise for me. thanks guys!

btw, where is savers' located?

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 08:42 AM »
Savers is located near North Edsa.  Its between Quezon Ave. and West Ave on the southbound lane.  Its a new appliance store that seems to specialize in Television sets.  Huge display although they're not necessarily turned on or hooked up to any input device.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 09:57 AM »
saver's hub
995 north edsa qc
927-7091, 927-5960

was our original first choice, but they have difficulties acknoledging updated srp price of other models except sony.

Offline Maulller

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Outer Haven
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 11:28 AM »
guys,

im also in the market for a 32" lcd. can you pm me the details for the group buy. thanks!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 11:29 AM »
guys,

im also in the market for a 32" lcd. can you pm me the details for the group buy. thanks!

sir please read the first post for details. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:19 PM by allenwfc »

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 12:36 PM »
Savers is located near North Edsa.  Its between Quezon Ave. and West Ave on the southbound lane.  Its a new appliance store that seems to specialize in Television sets.  Huge display although they're not necessarily turned on or hooked up to any input device.

thanks for the quick reply sir, and you too sir allen:p

Offline promacdvd

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 02:55 PM »

hold on to your pockets muna. when ur there as a group, haggle muna kayo. chances are the owner might think u'l all be sure buyers already. kaya baka hindi mag bigay ulet ng dagdag disount.

just my opinion...

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:07 PM »

hold on to your pockets muna. when ur there as a group, haggle muna kayo. chances are the owner might think u'l all be sure buyers already. kaya baka hindi mag bigay ulet ng dagdag disount.

just my opinion...

true, thats why we will also get prices from the other shops so that they will be forced to at least match them. plus i at least got a commiment for the 20% discount for cash. if they refuse it, we can always go to a different store. :)

Offline tylerdude

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:16 PM »
has anyone tried asking if samsung lowered their prices today since it's already march?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:20 PM »
has anyone tried asking if samsung lowered their prices today since it's already march?

it normally, takes 1 -2 weeks for the new prices to propagate to the shops... you might need to have an insider or someone from the major appliance shops to get an early heads up on any price drops.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 05:02 PM »
i'm following this thread with bated breath.  ;D
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 06:12 PM »
OT:

@ staind: remember the graininess that we encountered when we tested the dvd's?

this post might enligthen us hehe
http://www.bigscreenforums.com/forum_topic.cfm?which=3839

"However, Saving Private Ryan is always going to look grainy because that's the way Steven Spielberg shot the movie. It's supposed to have a grainy "news reel" look to it. Try a cleaner looking DVD (Star Wars Episode II or III) and decide if you have any issues with the picture before getting a different DVD player. If you have a progressive scan option on your DVD player, it should look fine."

now we know what we did wrong :)

also, upconversion will always produce some degree of graininess.. its was just a lot worse with the saving private ryan dvd :)