Author Topic: SAMSUNG/SONY March LCD GROUP BUY!!  (Read 22257 times)

Offline jvm

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: SAMSUNG/SONY LCD GROUP BUY!!
« Reply #120 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 06:16 PM »
My friend from Abenson Festival Mall, called me last Saturday to inform me that they are having a price reduction on LCD's. However I did not ask for more details since the news came in too late for me, I have already bought a plasma from the other store. ;D

It could be the price reduction that you have been talking about. Lucky for you, it's a good time to buy. Good luck.

Offline staind01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 06:48 PM »
It could be the price reduction that you have been talking about. Lucky for you, it's a good time to buy. Good luck.

thx mate! hopefully, the said reduction includes Samsung or Sony LCDs. :)

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 06:53 PM »
now we know what we did wrong :)

also, upconversion will always produce some degree of graininess.. its was just a lot worse with the saving private ryan dvd :)

but we saw the graininess while watching Avia, Ronin and War of the Worlds too. :( you're right, must be the upconversion.

oh well... with the N71s tweakability, we were able to lessen it anyway.  8)

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #123 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 08:07 PM »
thx mate! hopefully, the said reduction includes Samsung or Sony LCDs. :)

I'm hoping that the reduced prices will take effect this weekend!

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #124 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 09:48 AM »
is there a preferred place to buy already? 

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 09:57 AM »

ambassador

ill pm you the branch

@everyone else, my contact number is +639189307456, if still dont know the place or need to confirm with me details, just contact me thru there.

btw, ill be calling later to request they have units available for the pickup ppl. please check the first post, if there anything you updated :)
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007 at 10:24 AM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 10:25 AM »

ambassador..

anyways, we will be meeting at the varios shops in glorietta

also.. the samsung 32r71w went down by 10k recently.. i cant remember if happened today or a few weeks ago...
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007 at 10:46 AM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 02:32 PM »
@ everyone
ok, i called ambassador regarding stock for the lcd tv's.

they said that they have on-hand stock for the samsungs and some for the sony.
i inquired worse-case scenario assuming no stock is in the shop. they said it will only take about 1-2 hours to have it delivered from the warehouse on sunday :)

if anyone has time, please check if there is any SRP prices movement for the sony and samsung models.. or by a "miracle" they released a new promo for march.. though most unlikely for promo changes.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 02:47 PM »
see u guys on sunday!!!  :)

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:02 PM »
Guys!!! Just called up Abenson.  It seems that Samsung dropped the freebies promo but they dramatically reduced the price.  the N71 is now 79900, R71 69900, S 59900.  These items can be bought with the 12% zero-interest.  Cash basis without haggling is less 5k.

Allen, can you check if Ambassador is going to lessen the price by 20% with these prices?  I doubt if they can still offer the freebies, but even without the freebies, it would seem like a great buy. 

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:17 PM »
Guys!!! Just called up Abenson.  It seems that Samsung dropped the freebies promo but they dramatically reduced the price.  the N71 is now 79900, R71 69900, S 59900.  These items can be bought with the 12% zero-interest.  Cash basis without haggling is less 5k.

Allen, can you check if Ambassador is going to lessen the price by 20% with these prices?  I doubt if they can still offer the freebies, but even without the freebies, it would seem like a great buy. 

wohoo!!
that translates to a potential 64k for the n71 @20%!!!!

is this abensons branch in glorietta? or where? we need a "quotation" in paper from them so that it would be easier to haggle, since many shops tend to be slow in price propagation ex. star hub experience.

@everyone
please pm or text me at cell number so i have list of everyones contacts, aside from stained and ryukai.. i dont have anyone elses number saved here :(

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:24 PM »
wohoo!!
that translates to a potential 64k for the n71 @20%!!!!

is this abensons branch in glorietta? or where? we need a "quotation" in paper from them so that it would be easier to haggle, since many shops tend to be slow in price propagation ex. star hub experience.

@everyone
please pm or text me at cell number so i have list of everyones contacts, aside from stained and ryukai.. i dont have anyone elses number saved here :(

Nope Shangri-la.  Just called up the first abensons number I could find.  The just took out the value of the freebies, but it saves us the trouble of selling them.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:29 PM »
Nope Shangri-la.  Just called up the first abensons number I could find.  The just took out the value of the freebies, but it saves us the trouble of selling them.

yes, agreed.

i guess best way is to ask for card price withouth the freebies haha

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:36 PM »
Actually I was told that Samsung wasnt offering freebies for the 32 inch models anymore.  I think they had to match the price reduction of LG, Sharp and Toshiba.  Not to mention the price that Sights and Sounds offer for their Sony TVs. 

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:48 PM »
Actually I was told that Samsung wasnt offering freebies for the 32 inch models anymore.  I think they had to match the price reduction of LG, Sharp and Toshiba.  Not to mention the price that Sights and Sounds offer for their Sony TVs. 

if that is true, then it would really be good news!!

i just hope that they will update their website b4 Sunday, so that it will be "official" or better yet grab a flyer stating the new price. :P

btw, dips, i dont have your cell num yet :(
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:48 PM by allenwfc »

Offline tylerdude

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 03:54 PM »
32r71 samsung from ambassador is only 59k cash i think.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:04 PM »
32r71 samsung from ambassador is only 59k cash i think.

well 70k *. 8 = 56k =)

well sounds like the no freebie thing is starting to take root in the shops already wohoo!!

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
i went to abensons(near my place) last night and they're giving both the R71, S71, N71 at minus 20K..bringing the price down to 69K, 59K and 79K respectively plus a free HTQ20... however there is no 29" tv included anymore...

if you dont avail of the HTQ20 then an instant 5K can be shaved off the price...

hopefully the price drops take effect before sunday across all stores...
Registered PDVD member since Nov. 02, 2002 \m/

Offline poch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:36 PM »
how about the sony prices? any reductions? specially the V2 series  ;D

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:39 PM »
by the way the sales guy gave me the details in writing so it seems this is for real... im just not too good in haggling so i didn't get the 20% off on cash buyers...

Offline miks696

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:44 PM »
yeah prices are pretty low now. The 40" samsung (dunno model 3000:1 contrast ratio model) is now 129,999k with a free 20" LCD. You could probably sell the LCD for 20k so cost is 110. Not bad?

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:48 PM »
by the way the sales guy gave me the details in writing so it seems this is for real... im just not too good in haggling so i didn't get the 20% off on cash buyers...

excellent news!! woohoo!!

PUSH,
can you pls bring the quotation given to you tomorrow?

see yah!

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:52 PM »

thats good enough :)

we just need the official srp and their best offer. its easier to work from there :)

*wishful thought*
40f71 @ 100k mwahaha
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007 at 04:53 PM by allenwfc »

Offline ryuzaki_L

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
I guess this does sound kinda like good news, although I already had plans for the freebies. I was gonna give the camera to my mom and the mp3 player to my brother...Anyway, it's been running through my mind for a while but somehow I think other than the fact that they(samsung) wanted to match the prices of the other brands, that the posters of this thread had something to do with with the price drop. It's like samsung noticed they had to rethink their strategy or something to sell their LCDs, because of all the calls and inquiries appliance stores have been getting. :D

I really still hope though that we can still get a discount with the group buy because even at these prices I still think their kinda expensive, you know, compared to other country's prices. :)

Format Neutral
Blu-Ray: 4
HD DVD: 16
PS3 & 360 add-on

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 05:52 PM »
I guess this does sound kinda like good news, although I already had plans for the freebies. I was gonna give the camera to my mom and the mp3 player to my brother...Anyway, it's been running through my mind for a while but somehow I think other than the fact that they(samsung) wanted to match the prices of the other brands, that the posters of this thread had something to do with with the price drop. It's like samsung noticed they had to rethink their strategy or something to sell their LCDs, because of all the calls and inquiries appliance stores have been getting. :D

I really still hope though that we can still get a discount with the group buy because even at these prices I still think their kinda expensive, you know, compared to other country's prices. :)

well the SRP of the 32n71 in singapore is around 90k pesos, probably lower a bit now since the website i checked was a bit outdated. so im pretty the local samsung prices here are a bit higher but by only a small margin with cash purchases.

but, yes cheaper is better.. hehe

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 05:55 PM »
excellent news!! woohoo!!

PUSH,
can you pls bring the quotation given to you tomorrow?

see yah!

staind,
i only got the quotation on a piece of paper that the sales guy gave...with his contact numbers... this is Abensons on Pavillon(ayala)mall here in Sta.Rosa.
will that suffice?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 06:21 PM »

staind,
i only got the quotation on a piece of paper that the sales guy gave...with his contact numbers... this is Abensons on Pavillon(ayala)mall here in Sta.Rosa.
will that suffice?

that will suffice :)

if you can get more quotations, the better  ;D

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 06:36 PM »
staind, allen,

do you think ambassador could price match the price of Savers on the S200 of 55K?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 06:42 PM »
staind, allen,

do you think ambassador could price match the price of Savers on the S200 of 55K?

most probably yes. best, also if you got a quotation from them :)

but, im pretty sure they can meet the price. its beating the price i cant make any gurantees

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 06:44 PM »
i might just dropby Saver's in the morning then get a quotation or something before we meet up after lunch...

i'll just send allen an sms tonight... see you guys on sunday... its friday night gotta leave this darn office to relax... ;D