Author Topic: LG 32LC2R  (Read 2401 times)

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LG 32LC2R
« on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
Was just wondering if any of you guys here own the LG 32LC2R that is currently priced at 59,xxx at abenson's and probably most of the appliance stores.  We watched it beside a 32 inch pixel plus philips lcd and it looked a little better.  (The philips model seems to saturate the colors too much).  Im thinking if this is already a good buy or if there are other models that I should consider such as the toshiba 32wl66e at 65-69k or the sharp 32ax5m at pretty much the same price.  However, both these models do not have PIP. 

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks.

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: LG 32LC2R
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 12:30 PM »
Was just wondering if any of you guys here own the LG 32LC2R that is currently priced at 59,xxx at abenson's and probably most of the appliance stores.  We watched it beside a 32 inch pixel plus philips lcd and it looked a little better.  (The philips model seems to saturate the colors too much).  Im thinking if this is already a good buy or if there are other models that I should consider such as the toshiba 32wl66e at 65-69k or the sharp 32ax5m at pretty much the same price.  However, both these models do not have PIP. 

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks.

not many lcd's at that price range have pip, actually, i cant think of any for that price range(taking into account srp prices)
most lcd's at that price range, have only small quality diff. that appeal to diff. ppl.

i suggest bringing the device that you will most probably use it with (ie ps2,ps3,xbox,360,dvd player) and test which looks best on which

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
Actually the LG model I mentioned does have PIP.  Its a pretty good buy weighing all the features it has.  Of course, its PIP is only 1 tuner, so you can only have tuner-pc/tuner-hdmi and I think tuner-component input.  (I tried this out in abenson's and it seemed to work.)

Anybody else have any observations on this model?

Thanks.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 03:56 PM »
Actually the LG model I mentioned does have PIP.  Its a pretty good buy weighing all the features it has.  Of course, its PIP is only 1 tuner, so you can only have tuner-pc/tuner-hdmi and I think tuner-component input.  (I tried this out in abenson's and it seemed to work.)

Anybody else have any observations on this model?

Thanks.

sori, about that.. i got it it mixed up with dual-tuners..

should be most branded lcd's have pip, but are single tuners :P

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline meateater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 07:20 PM »
I found someone selling a unit of this in ebay phils. Ok na buy kaya ito? I tried googling for reviews but I cant find any.
LG 60 LB5800
Denon AVR x1100w
Polk Audio RTi A3 & CSi A6
Looking for a sub

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 10:54 PM »
I think I saw that pero still cheaper in abenson's at 59900.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:19 PM »
i saw this one earlier sa abenson greenhills and i really liked it. 59,995 12 months 0%.  has anyone seen this tv with 24 months 0%?  very very nice.  and if my research is right, this one uses the same panel as the hitachi ones.

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 03:59 PM »
so if ur going to apply the 20% discount pag cash magiging 48k na lang! with freebies ba?

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:03 PM »
so if ur going to apply the 20% discount pag cash magiging 48k na lang! with freebies ba?

ideally yes, assuming that 60k is the standard srp price :)

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:27 PM »
they said standard price is 79k.  the sale will end in 3 days daw (on saturday)  dunno if its just salestalk

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:32 PM »
they said standard price is 79k.  the sale will end in 3 days daw (on saturday)  dunno if its just salestalk

the simpler way is to got to a diff. shop and check their prices for the lg, ask for "credit card" price which is normally srp price :)

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:32 PM »

i heard that before!!

and then some!  ;D ;D ;D  

Offline apple_seed

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 06:55 PM »
Im interested in the 42-inch variety of this LG model (42LC2R) because of its competitive price. The 37 & 42 inch models share the same major features, I think their only difference is the viewing angles; while the 32" has lower brightness & contrast ratio from its bigger siblings. Ive read a few reviews for the LC2R models and the opinions vary. WhatVideo's 37" group test places LG at 5th position behind Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC & Philips. According to the review - Highs: Color Intensity, build quality, features content, good sonics. Lows: Standard definition pictures, only one HDMI. The 42" however received more positive reviews from buyers, saying they dont really care about the black-levels/contrast ratings, as long as what they see from the tv satisfies them. Most of them are pretty happy for what they paid for in getting this LG model.

Personally, based from what I can see from the demo in stores, this LG model seems to be at par with the rest of the brands beside it (Sharp, Philips, JVC). Its standard broadcast seems decent enough, contrary to what was said in the tv's review. The SD from Sharp was much worse for me. Philips's Pixel Plus is the 1st generation. LG's XD engine is as of 2006.

Any LG LC2R owners out there, any comments?

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 07:33 PM »

Nah... thats just sales talk, I would think.  A couple of salesmen of different Abensons outlets told me that it is a permanent price. 

But where do they give 20% off on this model?  That is the question.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 07:47 PM by dips15 »

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 08:15 PM »
Im interested in the 42-inch variety of this LG model (42LC2R) because of its competitive price. The 37 & 42 inch models share the same major features, I think their only difference is the viewing angles; while the 32" has lower brightness & contrast ratio from its bigger siblings.

Personally, based from what I can see from the demo in stores, this LG model seems to be at par with the rest of the brands beside it (Sharp, Philips, JVC).

so, how much for the 37" and 42" varieties?
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 10:05 PM »
so, how much for the 37" and 42" varieties?

Unfortunately there is no 37 or 42 inch model.  There is a 42lc2rr but its at 179,999 because it has a built in DVR.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2007 at 12:49 AM »
i would answer my own post. it seems the 37" model is available already.

http://www.villman.com/products/specs/lg/37LC3R.asp?code=lg_37lc3r&ref=lg/37LC3R.asp

but at that price i would rather have a 42" plasma for much less than 100k.

harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2007 at 07:46 AM »
and if my research is right, this one uses the same panel as the hitachi ones.

LG does provide panels for Hitachi, both the plasma and LCD kinds.

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007 at 09:03 PM »
saw this one in asianic in megamall for 59k. owner offered it for 50k but cash or straight charge.