Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection/Christopher Reeve Collection/Donner Cut  (Read 13063 times)

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guess I have to charge it to bad experience then...  :'( They seemed to be not trying to analyze the problem I presented. Maybe they're more focused on the wrong disc version...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
That's really odd. Sorry to hear about that.

By the way, where are you based, RadicalDude? In the States or in the Philippines?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Philippines, sir.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
That makes it doubly-odd.

Maybe Amazon's overworked with Christmas orders, which is why they're less accomodating than usual. Unfortunately for us based here, it's not like we can boycott them for lousy service, since it's difficult to find other US-based DVD stores that actually accept local credit cards and ship items here.  :(

Sorry to hear about that. I'd press further on the issue with them, citing my years of purchases, but I'm not sure what good it'll do you at this point.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
I sympathize with you bro.  Must be the pressures of the Xmas season indeed kaya medyo mataray.

Ok here's what I would do.  Write a final letter effectively saying the following....

I have been a loyal paying customer for a long time already and have been satisfied with my purchases moreso with the quality of customer service your site provides. 

Whilst I acknowledge the error in the contents of the Superman:  Ultimate Collection is not of your doing but Warner's, please understand that I purchased the set directly from Amazon and not Warner.  Thus and with all due respect, the responsibility of making sure a customer receives a merchandise in correct and good order which was paid for in good faith falls upon the merchant store which is Amazon and not the manufacturer (Warner). 

With this in mind, I hope you would reconsider your firm order for me to deal with Warner directly as this would be close to impossible as I am not based in your country.

Should this still fall on deaf ears, then maybe that's it.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2006 at 10:12 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
I won't boycott Amazon, that's for sure, since I only buy R1 items. That's why I felt sad when this thing happened. All I want is to have a replacement. Even if they'll tell me to keep the item, it's not worth having a collection with missing part.

Anyway Mr. Hankey, thanks for the support. Likewise, DVD_Freak.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2006 at 10:21 AM by RadicalDude »

Offline mongaddi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Trapped inside this Octavarium
  • Liked:
i think amazon's just too tired of dealing with this superman fiasco.

just like some of you i pre-ordered this item thru amazon. when i learned about the problem, my order has already shipped to a relative in the US.

i immediately emailed amazon on how to return this product for an exchange?
and they immediately responded that i dont need to return the set and they will simply just refund the money i paid for this special case. i few days later, credit was returned to my credit card.

maybe they just LOST a lot of money because of this and now they just want the other buyers to deal with warner directly.

major f**k up by warner if you ask me..  >:(
poor amazon...
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006 at 10:09 AM by mongaddi »
I've been trying to justify you.
In the end I will just defy you.

Offline JedTanner

• Collector
  • "Live long and prosper"
  • Liked:
Hey Guys,

Got my copy through a fellow member to find out about the SupermanIII disc issue. I emailed Amazon and got an initial reply that I need to call Warner instead. However, after several email exchanges, they refunded the amount as a gift certificate instead. Although like most of you, I also feel sad for Amazon.  :'(

I also tried emailing Warner and all I got was an email directing me to the FAQs. And guess what, they will only replace it if you send the whole item back with the original package. What the...??!!!  >:( >:(

Here's an excerpt from Warner (http://www2.warnerbros.com/main/help/whv/whv_dvd_help.html)
"Please return the product to us so that our technical department can review it. Please note that the DVD must be returned in its original case. If you are returning a box set, you must also send the whole box set back. Please return to the following address: Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522: Attn: Business Affairs. Once the product is received and reviewed someone will be in touch. Please remember to include your contact information."

Warner really created a major pain in the *ss blunder on this one. I wish Warner get sued for this!

Sorry for losing my temper...hehehe.. got carried away for a moment there... ;D ::)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
I think it's fair that the problem should be addressed by Warner and not Amazon since an initial disclaimer was posted in the product page. Also, this is a manufacturing error and not retail operations negligence.  Case in point, Narnia Companion Book. For returns and refunds, it is but protocol to return the product to the US since Amazon is paying for the shipment regardless of cost incurred. I see no hassle then.

Amazon is giving goodwill replacements on a case-to-case basis. They may evaluate your account based on potential business gains or already actualized business of each account.

8)

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Got just the Donner cut of II a few weeks back. More satisfying film than the Lester cut (some scenes of which I found too corny even at the time of its release).