Author Topic: Samsung 940MG  (Read 4828 times)

Offline agwe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung 940MG
« on: Mar 07, 2007 at 09:45 PM »
I'm thinking of going cheapo and buying a 19 inch widescreen lcd by samsung (940MG).

specs wise, it seems pretty decent, 8ms response, 700:1 contrast ratio.  no hdmi, but it has component inputs and dvi. 

what do you guys think?  at 20k, it easily fits my budget (its a tv for my room)

impressions from owners of this lcd tv would be greatly appreciated.

Offline mario128

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung 940MG
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 08:28 AM »
Also planning to buy this one tomorrow. Here's what I've found so far:

The Monitor is solid with its 1440x900 dpi resolution with 8ms response time and it does come with DVI, analog and digital component input for your HD stuff. The monitors only weakness is the quality of tv when your watching the TV, it is little granny but it's not that bad and you will not notice it after awhile. for around $370 this 19" widescreen LCD monitor/TV great for any of the homes office table.

This multimedia monitor is every PC gamers "must have"! It accepts every known input there is as well as an awesome 19" LCD TV. I have three PC's hooked to it!
I first saw a similar multimedia monitor at Comp USA for $500.00. I searched Ebay and was able to buy this, better, monitor for much less. I am positively thrilled. Kudos to Ebay and the entire concept. Anyone looking for hard-to-find items, or fantastic deals, should try Ebay first. Thanks. MM

This monitor is very good for my conditions. I live in a college dorm, so space is cramped, but i still wanted a nice HD tv. Well this LCD monitor has inputs for a desktop (dvi or vga) as well as inputs for component(ps3/wii/360 anyone?? =P) and composite (guitar hero anyone? =P) as well as a input for cable TV. It truely is an all-in-one. it does 480i/p and 1080i and looks great playing ps3/360 games. Built in speakers make for even more of a space saver and add extra if you already have a speaker setup. As a TV, it displays pretty good quality pictures, however most screens that are specifically built for watching cable seem a little bit clearer, im sure its because of the scaling of 480i cable to a higher resolution. All in all, this is the excellent monitor/tv for under $400. It does everything great that its ment to do.

I think someone in PinoyXbox already bought this one and is happy with his purchase. I'll post my impressions here if I'm able to buy one tomorrow.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 09:25 AM »
the only thing that bothers me is the lack of hdmi

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 09:38 AM »
Ok naman HDMI-DVI kasi may HDCP naman. Well, mas maganda nga naman ang direkta na. Hehe.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 09:53 AM »
@mario.

have u demo'ed the unit?  i havent seen the lcd in action.  only saw the specs sheet sa internet.  i wonder if they have a dvd player sa complink to demo the tv or they just hook it up to the pc

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:16 AM »
Nakita ko pero gamit sa PC. San mo ba nakita? Natanong mo ba kung pwede installment? Kasi bili na ako bukas kung pwede.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:28 AM »
Yeah where did you see this model? Appliance store or computer shop?  Magkano SRP niya?  Walang price sa website eh.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:30 AM by dips15 »

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:36 AM »
supposed to be an "exclusive" model of complink.  being sold for 20,900.  easily haggled down to 19900 for cash, 12 months 0% possible for certain cards.

i think this is a grey market unit, but i'm not sure.

i saw it in complink galleria and the store that sells apple stuff in park square (also owned by complink)

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
Same lang pala tayo nung pinagtingnan. So pwede pala 12 months 0%. Nung nagtanong kasi ako di raw nila sure kung ilang months pwede.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:10 PM »
mario if and when you get it, update me naman kung at what price you were able to get it.  i'm seriously thinking of getting one as well.

i went to the guy selling buse lcd earlier. they have a 19" lcd as well, i got turned off.  they were selling it for 30k.  they posted that it had hdmi and stuff, turned out the samsung had much better specs at a much lower price.

Offline pepe

• Apprentice
  • Clear copies only
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung 940MG / AOC 223VW 22" Widescreen
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 02:56 PM »
Guys, suggestion, why don't you try this 22" AOC. Bought mine for P15.5K last month.  (Inquire from any computer stores)

Just upgraded my 19" WS AOC to this.  Great for DVD movies using DVI connection and WINDVD 8 using Trimension. Parang naka HD ka na rin.   

Quote from the AOC website :

The AOC 223VW 22" widescreen monitor represents the ultimate performance in the widescreen product category. It is packed with features that will increase your productivity. It has a slim bezel design optimized for multi-display setups. In addition to its analog D-sub input, it also has a digital DVI-D input for superior image focus and clarity. It has fast 5ms response time for crystal-clear viewing of fast moving images. It has 300cd/m² high brightness, 700:1 high contrast ratio, and 170/160 degrees wide viewing angle for superb image clarity from any viewing position. Its 1680x1050 16:10 widescreen resolution enables viewing of side by side applications which eliminates the need to toggle between them. It also enables viewing of more columns when working with tables or spreadsheets. Whether you're a top industry professional or just want the best price/performance in a monitor, the 223VW is your choice.
RECOMMENDED FOR
Both Home and Office Application, watching movies

PRODUCT DETAILS Resolution: 1680x1050
Contrast Ratio: 700:1
Fast response time 5ms
Brightness: 300cd/m²
Analogue D-sub & Digital DVI-D
Wall Mountable

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007 at 03:08 PM by pepe »

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 04:43 PM »
@pepe

its because i want to get a real lcd tv.  not just an lcd monitor with tv tuner combo. :)

Offline tylerdude

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 05:05 PM »
how does this compare with 20 inch samsung lcd that they give away as part of their promo when buying the 40inch?

you guys can also check the toshiba 20 inch lcd selling at listening in style for around 25k if you trade in a tv. im not sure if it has hdmi though.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 07:52 PM »
all 20" lcds don't have hdmi.

i was at listening room earlier today, and it doesn't look too nice.  the samsung 19 incher is hdtv ready (480/720p/1080i) 8ms (compared to toshiba's 25ms i think) and it has a better contrast ratio (700:1 compared to others 500:1).

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 08:20 PM »
what's wierd is that different branch of complink tells me a different story.

complink in park square (the shop selling apple lappy's) - pwede daw 12 months 0%, cash 19900

complink in galleria. 20k cash, no installment stuff, only straight charge

ebox in shang - paylite (not zero percent), 20900 no discount for cash

i'll wait for my friend who's in singapore right now.  he knows the owner of complink baka makakuha ng malaki laking discount.  what bugs me though is that they don't have any dvd players in their store, since it is a computer shop.  so all the vids playing are vids from their pc.  a bit hard to judge the quality of the lcd with this.  maybe i'll bring my dvd player next time and hook it up there see how it goes.

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 09:20 PM »
By the way if you need 19" LCD TV meron din ako sir P16,500 lang composite, s-video and pc input. Cute sya oem na samsung. Wink
yamaha rxv640 PS3 B&W 602 egreat34a wdtv panapv8 and now XTREAMER

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:09 PM »

complink in park square (the shop selling apple lappy's) - pwede daw 12 months 0%, cash 19900

i'll wait for my friend who's in singapore right now.  he knows the owner of complink baka makakuha ng malaki laking discount.  what bugs me though is that they don't have any dvd players in their store, since it is a computer shop.  so all the vids playing are vids from their pc.  a bit hard to judge the quality of the lcd with this.  maybe i'll bring my dvd player next time and hook it up there see how it goes.

Siguro naman pwede installment dun sa Glorietta kasi kasama sila sa BPI Madness. I'll post here if I'm able to get one tomorrow.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 11:32 PM »

Yeah you can bring your dvd, but if its hooked up to a pc, just plug it in to the dvi input, and plug a dvd in the dvd rom.  Should give you an idea of the clarity of the tv/monitor.  Just give us a review after.  Hehe  ;D

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 02:28 PM »
went earlier to switi's shop (? is it switi's shop? theaterworks?) to ask about the oem 19 incher.  turned out to be a complete waste of time as it was not yet in stock.  wouldve been helpful if that bit of info was relayed in the post before.

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 07:00 PM »
agwe, that was passed to me by the owner. i don't have a store. you could have called them.

here is the owner's contact no.

Jeff Pe
globe 09178030747
sun 09228507799

I am an orthopedic surgeon, not a seller, i just give you info from friends, cos i know mahirap maghanap ng mura.

am not out here to make a buck, cos it is easy for me to buy any 42" incher with my line of work....

am sorry if you went there and wala pa stock, personally di ko din alam na wala pa, sabi nya meron daw sya. so that's it.

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 09:06 PM »
Just bought one last night .. My propose is just like that a monitor w/ a built in TV for my kid ..

As a monitor its quite good and works best w/ TV as PIP .. small but very clear

Well as a plain TV a good 21 in CRT is better , but it's respectable just don't view it like you do a monitor , you need  a min about 4 ft distance otherwise the artifacts are just too obvious...

Viewing angle maybe also be an issue as it's not that wide . I suspect it's a TN film type not S-IPS as most LCDTV's

Channel changing is a bit slow .

We'll good enough for the price P19999 at 12 months 0% interest from E hub Alabang

Offline switi

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 06:29 PM »

19" LCDTV Php16,500 lang boys! Grin
9 units nalang mga sir's!
composite input, s-video and pc input NTSC tv. Wink

as advertised by thteaterworks.

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 08:28 PM »
it actually looks pretty cool. . . i'll drop by tomorrow and check it out

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 06:50 AM »
the one by theaterworks is anbonn. 

compex has a 19" wide screen lcd tv (not sure if it's the same model) but it wasn't too nice.  and compex' price is only 15ish

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 06:00 PM »
mario did you buy yours yet? how'd u find it?

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 07:15 PM »
@agwe: Yup. Bought mine just this afternoon. So far the quality is ok. Almost on par with the Sharp that I posted. Bang for the buck na to for me. Haven't tried the DVI input yet. Just the component input. :D Playing Gears of War on 720p is AWESOME!!! ;D

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 09:17 PM »
i got word from a friend of mine that he'll be able to get it for me for a much lower price than the srp.  so i guess i'll get one also.  :)  the story is complink bought out all the stocks of samsung to make it their exclusive model.  new stocks coming in by the end of the month, i wonder if that will be made available to other retailers.

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM »
Ayos na ayos yan kung much cheaper pa. ;D Yung binili ko sa CompLink 20k 1 year to pay. Nabawasan ng 1k sa price nila bago magkaroon ng BPI Madness.

Additional impression:
TV is not that good. Parang TV tuner lang sa PC. Don't know kung ok sa cable since wala pa kami cable. :)

Offline agwe

• Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 10:15 AM »
so how'd you rank which connection would be best?

dvi-d, vga, component?

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
DVD-D
Component
VGA