Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 390612 times)

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Johnny Air
« Reply #120 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 09:29 AM »
Recently, I have a bad experience with DeepdiscountDVD, but a good experience with Johnny Air.
I have made an order of 10 DVDs. Unfortunately, two DVDs are backorder and will be shipped 1 week later.
In order to fully utilise the courier charge with Johnny Air, I add another order of 4 DVD's and request DDD to ship together. At the end, they ship the two backorder items separately. So, all in all, there are four shipment (8 DVDs, 1 DVD, 1 DVD and 4 DVDs).
I send e-mail to Leiden to ask for consideration. She calls me up and tells me that they would charge me handling charge of US$5 only once, instead of US$5 handling charge for each shipment. So, I would save US$15, although they still have US$5.5 minimum one pound charge for each shipment.
Johnny Air has really good service, especially Leiden, super friendly. Highly recommended!

yup, i had the very same experience with deepdiscountdvd when they still allowed me to order from them. good thing that leiden waived the handling fee for me also.  i've never ordered from deepdiscountdvd since then because they did this to my order 2 times.

Offline diver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 09:35 AM »
Galing talaga yan si Leiden. Always maasahan !!! Pero come to think of it , magaling mga people sa Johnny Air talaga and they are very polite pa :) Leiden for president !!!! O ... O ... joke lang ha at huwag masyado serious  ;D

Thanks Leiden !!!
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 03:04 PM »
Barnes and Noble loves to separately ship orders, and good thing Johnny Air is very accomodating to this... I LOVE JOHNNY AIR!

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jul 15, 2003 at 12:17 AM »
Barnes and Noble loves to separately ship orders, and good thing Johnny Air is very accomodating to this... I LOVE JOHNNY AIR!

And I hate Johnny Air pagdating sa medyo bulky items like toys and DVD boxsets...

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 12:48 PM »
What kind of experience did you have with DVD box sets, reinardan? I'm planning on ordering one next week.

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 11:04 PM »
The Matrix Mini Platinum boxed set - umabot ng P1,000+ :(
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2003 at 11:06 PM by reinardian »

Offline geneyus

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Aug 16, 2003 at 11:10 PM »
With all the discussion about rates, security, etc, no one has talked about the speed the package gets here.  How soon does it arrive in Megamall for example?  :o

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Aug 16, 2003 at 11:40 PM »
They're quite fast... it ranges from a day to 4 days when the package reaches their NY office.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Aug 17, 2003 at 08:49 AM »
The fastest is 2-3 days only. That's how fast they are in JAC after your package reach their N.Y. office.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Sep 18, 2003 at 11:07 AM »
Just wanted to share something with you guys so that you can warn Johnny Air in advance ...

Just recently, someone from Johnny Air called me and informed me that I had a package waiting to be picked up.  I was perplexed kasi I don't have any pending orders from any of my regular online stores.

I went to Johnny Air and claimed my package and paid around 580 for it.  When I got to my car, I opened the magazine like used envelope ng fedex which had a handwritten name (my name of course).  To my shock and disappointment enclosed were 2 catalogs ( thin lang ) of two regular online stores that i regularly order stuff from.

When I was getting my package, I sort of knew that it contained catalogs because of the form and shape of the envelope.

Since i didn't tell johnny air beforehand not to send those junk catalogs to manila, I felt it would only be right to pay for it since it would be the respectable thing to do coz i know they only meant well in sending those two catalogs which they themselves put in a used envelope to send to me.

I wrote Leiden as soon as I got home to advise the New York office NEVER to send me those FREE catalogs that are sent to almost every individual in the states because they are junk mail and I am not interested in them and to throw them away nalang.

Wanted to share this with you guys so you won't ever have to experience something like this :)

This is not the fault of Johnny Air and they only meant well so I still support them and STILL think of them as the best company to use whenever i order stuff from the states specially my dvd orders :)

More power to Johnny Air !!!! Thanks Leiden  :)

Offline Roby

• Apprentice
  • Llama I am!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Sep 19, 2003 at 07:25 AM »
I sympatize with you, Diver.  It's unthinkable to pay Php 580 for free catalogues which you could access by surfing thru the net.  I agree the fault is not with Johnny Air Cargo, where I also get my DVDs.  Could you tell us which companies sent you these catalogues?  

By copy to Aura of JAC, I hope you can advise your New York office not to send me catalogues if they receive some for me.

Thanks for informing us, Diver.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Sep 19, 2003 at 04:40 PM »
Galing galing talaga ni Leiden !!! at saka yung pinoyDVD member na tumawag kay Leiden and told her about my post here at pinoyDVD :)

Leiden called me now lang and told me that they will minus the amount they charged me for the catalogs on my next order ... Weeeeeeeee my day is made  :)

Thanks for the great service Leiden !!!

Offline kenobi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 01:00 PM »
hi guys!

does johnny air still offering special rates for pinoydvd members?

thanks!

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 02:39 PM »
Yes, they still do have a special rate for pinoydvd members :)

Offline kenobi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 05:03 PM »
thanks. they have setup me an account! ang bilis!  ;D

Offline ganiman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 06:36 PM »
Has anybody tried to ship books through johnny-air, hard covers or paper back....is the shipping cost reasonable?

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 09:02 PM »
well books are quite heavy so you might be better served by coursing your order thru powerbooks.

Offline ganiman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Sep 27, 2003 at 08:11 AM »
Thanks daigoro...I guess I'll just stick to DVDs and Cds.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Sep 27, 2003 at 09:34 AM »
well i ordered some books from amazon that i coursed thru johnny air, the problem was that amazon ships in multiple packages and books are heavy. the bad thing was that i saw the books i ordered a few months later at fully booked/page 1 and powerbooks at a cheaper overall price.

Offline ganiman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 06:45 AM »
Thanks Daigoro!...Has anybody tried shipping LPs and is the shipping cost reasonable

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 09, 2003 at 05:12 PM »
when ordering 3 or 4 dvds from amazon, do they ship the dvds in an oversized box or the same type used by DDD?

i ordered an item once from amazon and had it shipped to Johnny Air. i ended up paying a lot because of how amazon packed the item in a huge box.

dont want to make the same mistake.

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Oct 09, 2003 at 10:30 PM »
amazon has tendencies not only to ship dvds in big boxes but also splitting your order up.
you could try dvd empire as they pack them well but a lot smaller than amazon.

Offline Dog from OuTeR Space

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Oct 12, 2003 at 02:14 AM »
hello guys... i recently had a bad online shopping experience...

i bought a trainspotting dvd plus a friends boxset from amazon... it's my first time to order a boxset from amazon and i was shocked upon receiving my package in megamall saying that it weighed 5 pounds... i ended up paying almost 1800 for the shipping alone... and also, i was charged $6.5 per pound totalling 1,795... i haven't really checked my mail or surfed the site lately, does the promo by Johnny Air still applies, or have they changed the rate?

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Oct 12, 2003 at 07:54 AM »
The rate of johnny air is still the same.

$5.50 per pound PLUS $5.00 for handling/per shipment ( for pinoydvd members only )

Leiden, thank you so much for deducting from my current billing the questionable charges ( wrong catalog shipment ) that I contested before.

You guys are really the best :)

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2003 at 07:55 AM by diver »

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Oct 12, 2003 at 10:21 AM »
hello guys... i recently had a bad online shopping experience...

i bought a trainspotting dvd plus a friends boxset from amazon... it's my first time to order a boxset from amazon and i was shocked upon receiving my package in megamall saying that it weighed 5 pounds... i ended up paying almost 1800 for the shipping alone... and also, i was charged $6.5 per pound totalling 1,795... i haven't really checked my mail or surfed the site lately, does the promo by Johnny Air still applies, or have they changed the rate?

did you weigh it first? sometimes they do make a mistake with the weight. also, the problem with amazon is that they ship in oversized boxes or they split your shipment. if oversized boxes, you get charged by volume weight i.e. dimensions of the box rather than actual weight. split shipment results in double of handling fee and minimum charge of 1 pound.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 01:11 AM »
managed to meet Aura when i went to megamall to pick up one of my shipments. one of the topics we discussed was regarding the sending of catalogs. due to the situation that now is the peak season, there's really no way that they would be able to check if the item is not really worth sending. But she told me that the customer could just opt not to accept the item instead and it would be no bother.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Oct 16, 2003 at 06:02 PM »
How many days will a priority airmail arrive in J.A.C. N.Y. maximum?

The poster that I bought from ebay was mailed by the seller from San Francisco thru priority airmail last Sep. 29 but until now...no package in poster tube arrive in their New York office....

Its been two weeks already my guess is that it was lost along in transit already... :(

Guys did anyone of you experienced this problem?

Offline Dog from OuTeR Space

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 01:58 AM »
did you weigh it first? sometimes they do make a mistake with the weight. also, the problem with amazon is that they ship in oversized boxes or they split your shipment. if oversized boxes, you get charged by volume weight i.e. dimensions of the box rather than actual weight. split shipment results in double of handling fee and minimum charge of 1 pound.

well, i never really bothered to check and weigh it since the very box Amazon used indicated the weight to be 5 dollars.  And unless the package had been repacked by JAC NY, (hindi naman cguro, right? or do they change boxes??? ???), I think Amazon is to blamed on this part...

but, regarding the total, i wish someone could shed a light on whether the charge for pinoydvd members ($5.5) still holds true  ??? coz I've checked the receipt again and it clearly indicated that I was charged $6.5 dollars per pound (5 pounds)? lyfff...

;D

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 09:52 AM »
well, i never really bothered to check and weigh it since the very box Amazon used indicated the weight to be 5 dollars.  And unless the package had been repacked by JAC NY, (hindi naman cguro, right? or do they change boxes??? ???), I think Amazon is to blamed on this part...

but, regarding the total, i wish someone could shed a light on whether the charge for pinoydvd members ($5.5) still holds true  ??? coz I've checked the receipt again and it clearly indicated that I was charged $6.5 dollars per pound (5 pounds)? lyfff...

;D

If you signed up with JAC as a pinoyDVD member, you should be given the $5.50 rate.

If you DID sign up as a pinoyDVD member and they overcharged you, just keep the original receipts that they gave you when you paid for your shipment and then call Leiden and tell her about your problem.

They are really nice at JAC so give them a call ASAP and talk to Leiden :)

Good Luck !!!

Offline carnage

• Collector
  • Cereal Killa
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 10:31 AM »
Pano b sumali s johnny air? san ung lugar nila?