Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 392602 times)

Offline galahad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Johnny Air
« Reply #150 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 10:38 AM »
check for the previous post from this thread. specially the posts from diver.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 12:15 PM »
My poster from San francisco finally arrived last Monday thru JAC.

It took almost one month thru Priority airmail before it reached its N.Y. address in the U.S.

Anyway, thanks again to Leyden for consistent great service and being patience for my consistent "kakulitan"!

My tip to those ist time users, always have a tracking no if you have packages going to JAC so that you will not be bothered if & when it will arrive in JAC.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 04:34 PM »
hello guys... i recently had a bad online shopping experience...

i bought a trainspotting dvd plus a friends boxset from amazon... it's my first time to order a boxset from amazon and i was shocked upon receiving my package in megamall saying that it weighed 5 pounds... i ended up paying almost 1800 for the shipping alone... and also, i was charged $6.5 per pound totalling 1,795... i haven't really checked my mail or surfed the site lately, does the promo by Johnny Air still applies, or have they changed the rate?

You were prolly overcharged by a dollar per pound. Last big shipment I got  - - - 3 DVDs, 4 CDs- - -  cost just a little over 1000 pesos. A little meaning less than a hundred. But I still think it's the box set that's the culprit. Box sets are usually heavy which is always advisable to get it from some other source (here, for instance) or just get  the R3 version.

Offline carnage

• Collector
  • Cereal Killa
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 03:21 PM »
May tax kp bang babayaran kapag s JAC k nagpadeliver? san b ung mga branches nila? D ko maintindihan site nila eh.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 12:53 PM »
Walang tax.
SM Megamall and Greenbelt are two of the branches I know.
Puede ring delivery sa bahay.
Call or Email to inquire for more details.

Offline DropZite

• Collector
  • www.Pinoy-Manga.com pls join the forum!
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 05:50 PM »

If you opt to deliver it to your house may additional charges po ba? The $5.50 rate for pinoydvd members apply only to DVDs/CDs or electronics kasali rin?

You think makakatipid ako pag pinadaan ko sa JAC yng bibilhin kung DVD writer?

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 12, 2003 at 12:05 PM »
Hi guys!  Hi carnage!  Just send me all your queries on this new e-mail address: [email protected]

X44, thank you so much for endorsing us.  And to all who supported Johnny Air, really, thank you guys!!!

Keating, there's a new requirement by the US Postal Service on interstate deliveries for third parties. Please download their forms at http.//www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps1583.pdf
Otherwise, USPS will refuse delivery to our New York office.  Also, please delete Suite 71 or # 71 from our mailing address.

Dog from OuTeR Space, members of this site has a special rate.  Please e-mail me the details so I may check on it.  We will credit your over payment on your future shipment. Also, we don't repack your shipment as it will be tedious for the JAC-NY staff (especially this month, peak season!)  Normally, the weight is specified on the box, thus, the staff in NY will just follow it.  However, if it is so unreasonable that the shipping cost is thrice the cost of your items, please don't hesitate to call my attention.  We will do something about it.

Guys, ladies please feel free to e-mail me on my new address (just drop the " - " from my former address, see above) or call me 812-47-02 (look for Aura Black).

By the way, JAC is going to launch our "new" logo.  Those who have seen our Megamall office already saw it.  Greenbelt office (where we stay right now) will be renovated within this month.  Please join us once we've set the date for a formal launching,  :)  

Firewired, the "celebration" we held last July was a mere "practice" he he :D  Next month, for real na!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Nov 12, 2003 at 09:29 PM »
Ms. YAB...I already saw your awesome logo at your Megamall branch.  :)

Thanks for your continous excellent service especially to Leiden...her patience is beyond means...

By the way...does USPS only use that form, , how about the other courier service in the U.S. like Fed EX, DHL, others?

Thanks again!

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 12:36 PM »
Hi Keating!  The logo is simple yet straightforward.
The "face lift" I should really say is worth it.

Leiden and I wish to thank you guys for supporting our services.  Patience is one virtue we must have in this business  ;)  Besides, Ilongga man si Leiden,   :)

Yes, it is only USPS which requires such form for them to accept third party mails.  The rest, no problem.  Reminder, please delete Suite 71 on the  mailing address.

See you next month.................

Offline jegiwong

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 12:46 PM »
Hi Ms. YAB,

Delete "Suite 71" from mailing address. Does it only apply to those sending by USPS or apply to all?

Thanks!

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 05:18 PM »
Hi jegiwong!  

Please DELETE "Suite 71" as instructed by our New York office regardless of which courier will handle your shipment towards JAC-NY.  And please do not forget to include your name.

Ok? Thank you too,  ;)  

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 05:35 PM »
Hi Keating!  The logo is simple yet straightforward.
The "face lift" I should really say is worth it.

Leiden and I wish to thank you guys for supporting our services.  Patience is one virtue we must have in this business  ;)  Besides, Ilongga man si Leiden,   :)

Yes, it is only USPS which requires such form for them to accept third party mails.  The rest, no problem.  Reminder, please delete Suite 71 on the  mailing address.

See you next month.................

Hi there Ms. Yab.

I still have one package coming to your N.Y. office with the old address...rest assured that I'll delete suite 71 on my future packages.

See you also when I bring the pansit malabon & sapin-sapin one of these days...tagal ko na promise yun kay Leiden.  ;)

regards.... :)

Offline htboy

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Dec 06, 2003 at 11:55 AM »
Can i have the number of johnny air and contact person.

Am very curious about johnny airs service.

TY

Offline galahad

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Dec 06, 2003 at 01:47 PM »
try to check the previous post on this thread by diver...  :)

Offline DropZite

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Dec 16, 2003 at 01:52 AM »
Do JAC round off the weight of your packages to the next whole # lb?

Ex. You got a package that weighted 1.34lb, would they round it off the next whole # which is 2lb?

Ganyan kasi nangyayari sa akin, I was wondering if this is normal or this also happens to other JAC users.

Offline Roby

• Apprentice
  • Llama I am!
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Dec 16, 2003 at 10:53 AM »
Do JAC round off the weight of your packages to the next whole # lb?

Ex. You got a package that weighted 1.34lb, would they round it off the next whole # which is 2lb?

Ganyan kasi nangyayari sa akin, I was wondering if this is normal or this also happens to other JAC users.

To DropZite,

The same thing happened to me a few months ago.  I called Aura of JAC and she said this should not be the case.  Most probably, the one at JAC who made the billing was not aware that you are a pinoydvd member.  (I assuime you are .) If not a member, the minimum weight charged is 2 lbs.

In my case, when I pick up my packages at MegaMall, I ask the people of JAC there to reweigh the packages and pay according to the correct weight.

For more clarification, you can contact Aura at 812-47-02.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2003 at 10:58 AM by Roby »

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Dec 16, 2003 at 11:09 PM »
Leiden told me that there are two kinds of weighing systems... teh actual weight and the volume weight and Johnny Air charges whichever is higher. Actual weights is the real weight of the package and the volume weight is the "bulkiness" of the package. So for example, you buy a single DVD but its packaged in a balikbayan box... volume weight will be used. But i think you can talk to the kind people at Johnny Air if there are problems...

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Dec 17, 2003 at 08:29 PM »
i got my package acctual 1.26 lbs. pero counted lang 1lb.so 588 lang binayaran ko.
$5.5 for 1lb+$5.00 sa fee total of $10.50 or 588pesos

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Dec 18, 2003 at 06:46 PM »
good news to all members from cebu and other nearby provinces, JAC SM City Cebu branch has agreed to extend the same privileges and same discounted price of $5.5 per llb plus $5 per shipment, to all pinoydvd members who wish to ship their dvd purchases on line thru their branch

this was made possible thru the efforts of Ms. Jesse Pilapil of the cebu branch, of course with the blessings of Ms. Leiden i suppose

cheers!!!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 12:12 PM »
Finally met Aura last Dec. 23...sayang Leiden was not around.

They will definitely do something about the actual and the volume weight para makita natin sa official receipt...
and hindi na tayo ma-confuse....

thanks for the giveaway...Aura and

Happy New Year!  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2003 at 12:14 PM by keating »

Offline BilletDoux

• Apprentice
  • Seriously Funny
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 02:07 PM »
 :D
Hi! This is my first time to post here! And WILL be the first time to shop online for DVDs. I have a question to those who bought their DVDs from dvdempire.com, how were you able to supply the billing info if the choices in the country does not include PHILIPPINES?

And what address in New York will I put (c/o Aura Black) in my shipping info.

Thanks and hope somebody will answer me...  ;)

Offline DropZite

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 02:30 PM »

You should talk to Miss Aura Black first before sending any packages to Johnny Air drop points.

About DVDempire you have to email them first and ask them if they still accept orders from Philippines. Usually they will ask you to fax them a copy of your CC statement or a copy of your CC front and back.

Offline BilletDoux

• Apprentice
  • Seriously Funny
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 03:01 PM »

You should talk to Miss Aura Black first before sending any packages to Johnny Air drop points.

About DVDempire you have to email them first and ask them if they still accept orders from Philippines. Usually they will ask you to fax them a copy of your CC statement or a copy of your CC front and back.

Thanks for your reply. I already called Johnny Air but Miss Aura Black and Leiden is not around. I talked to Maan instead and according I can get those info from Miss Aura Black since she is not incharge of PinoyDVD members account... So I sent her an email regarding my inquiries...

One thing though, I don't have any credit card. What I plan to use is my Visa debit card which pass their (dvdempire) validation...

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 09:14 PM »
just got an sms from ms. jesse pilapil of the JAC SM city cebu branch informing me that ms. aura black would like to relay the message that the special rate of $5.5 per lb. and $5 per shipment is NOT generally applicable to all who wishes to ship their dvd orders thru their cebu branch.

this is apparently on a "per request" basis since they are charging me this special rate on my orders, swerte-swerte lang, hehehe

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jan 16, 2004 at 09:38 AM »
wats d weight of the LOTR extended dvds? for each.. thanks  :)

anybody orderd dis n have it thru johny air? how much did  they charge u. thanks  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Mar 18, 2004 at 09:00 PM »
hey... highly recommended talaga ang JAC.. very convenient and very reliable. plus ala-candidates ng Binibining Pilipinas ang mga nag-aasikaso (kayo yun leiden, aura and the other girl). :)

i used to pledge loyalty to another courier but yours is the most reliable and friendly and not so bureacratic.. always on time and very low cost.. highly recommended..

sana nga lang.. me birthday coupon ako na matanggap... lapit na birthday ko... hehehe. see you again next week for my deliveries... :)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Mar 19, 2004 at 07:54 PM »
last time nga pala I got 2 packages from amazon.but i ordered it as one.pag dating dito sa johnny air 2 packages.so 2 shipping fees.hindi ko na natanong kasi nagmamadali ako.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Mar 23, 2004 at 10:27 AM »
last time nga pala I got 2 packages from amazon.but i ordered it as one.pag dating dito sa johnny air 2 packages.so 2 shipping fees.hindi ko na natanong kasi nagmamadali ako.

hi baby,

i think Amazon is to be consulted regarding this. they usually ship the items from different locations kaya they come in different packages. Their reply regarding this inquiry is because they want to manage orders in terms of availability from different warehouses. it's completely logical when you live in the States cause you get the product promptly and pay no extra shipping cost for it...

as for us.. nkakatokot.. ang learning ko dyan order from online stores na may "ship when complete option like dvdempire". para isang package lang...

try emailing amazon for it and they'll give you no favorable  reply. complain and complain relentlessly and they will give you the product for free.. try mo!!! hehehe :)

regards raw from blugrey!!!  8)

Offline temmy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Mar 23, 2004 at 06:02 PM »
what are the advantages of ordering over the internet and having it shipped thru johnny air as compared to buying from the sellers in the marketplace?  which online merchant is the best to order from?

thanks.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Mar 23, 2004 at 06:21 PM »
what are the advantages of ordering over the internet and having it shipped thru johnny air as compared to buying from the sellers in the marketplace?  which online merchant is the best to order from?

thanks.

if buying in bulk, i would advise you to purchase online. this would ensure great savings in shipping and product discounts when available. or if the product or dvd is rare, i advise you to check ebay or amazon for listings.

if you are buying 1 or 2 titles only or (boxsets editions), i advise you check the market place or order from the best Pinoy DVD sellers in town... they can actually give you big discounts based on your order frequency..

one advantage in buying from Pinoydvd "trustworthy marketsellers" are the product warranty/guarantee. In some instances, these are available too from their online counterparts but are expensively available due to shipping, etc. and other factors. to cite my own experience, some market sellers here are willing to exchange products, give you refund or give discounts for future purchase if product is proven defective. siempre i ask for discounts na lang (dyahe eh). pero watch out din.. meron din ibang may "ignoring syndrome" so be careful...

hope you can check and experience transacting online and via market sellers so you'll know and appreciate when and how to get your fave DVDs on your own or with Pinoydvd market sellers aid... :)