Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 392660 times)

Offline temmy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Johnny Air
« Reply #180 on: Mar 24, 2004 at 06:53 AM »
thanks  :)

Offline DropZite

• Collector
  • www.Pinoy-Manga.com pls join the forum!
  • Liked:
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #181 on: Apr 23, 2004 at 01:30 AM »
Anyone used Johnny Air lately? Meron rin bang pinasign sa inyo ng ganitong form? Aviation security known shipper re verification"

What is this for? I asked the people working in Johnny Air Megamall branch, but they can't explain it really well. Basta sabi nila required lang raw. Gusto ko lang malaman ang purpose ng form na eto, and yeah they also need a xerox copy of any of your valid ID.

Offline boyethampi

• Apprentice
  • Make my Day!
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Apr 23, 2004 at 10:18 AM »
Hi,

Just picked up a package a week ago from their branch in Greenbelt pero wala naman pina sign sa akin na ganoong form except the acceptance form na ni-receive ko ang aking package.

I just showed them a valid ID and did not provide them with a photocopy.

:)

Offline Geoffrey

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Apr 25, 2004 at 10:55 AM »

I have checked this with Aura and they confirmed that this is a new requirement in the US for third party shipping. Maybe the US authorities is just extra careful, they want to know if our shipments are legitimate or not. 8)

geoffrey

Offline markcas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Apr 25, 2004 at 09:11 PM »
Hey...if I go directly to Johnny Air Greenbelt and apply for this shipping service alam ba nila yun? I've tried e-mailing Aura last week pero la pa ring response...

Thanks!

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Apr 26, 2004 at 12:22 AM »
Hey...if I go directly to Johnny Air Greenbelt and apply for this shipping service alam ba nila yun? I've tried e-mailing Aura last week pero la pa ring response...

Thanks!

You can go to greenbelt and then look for the super bait na Leiden and tell her you are a pinoyDVD member and that you want to use their services.  Don't forget to say na pinoyDVD member ka para meron ka special rate  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2004 at 12:22 AM by diver »
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #186 on: Apr 26, 2004 at 01:55 PM »
Notice for all of those who ship through Johnny Air:

Due to requirements from US authorities and incidences of possible fraud, additional documentation will be required from new and existing customers. This is in addition to the Aviation Security Known Shipper form and the photocopy of a valid ID.

As soon as we get details, we'll post them here.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline euphyx

• Collector
  • fancy a pint of lager mate?
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Apr 29, 2004 at 12:58 PM »
how does this work? is it as simple as having your amazon purchases shipped to their u.s. branch and them shipping it to you in manila? how much would it cost ten cds then for example?

Offline geneyus

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 02:06 PM »
Has anyone ever tried shipping medium sized electronics via Johnny Air?  I don't mean a laptop computer or a TV/monitor, but something like a portable DVD player.  Or is this not allowed by Johnny?

Offline Singkit

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 06:59 PM »
Has anyone ever tried shipping medium sized electronics via Johnny Air?  I don't mean a laptop computer or a TV/monitor, but something like a portable DVD player.  Or is this not allowed by Johnny?

Call or go directly to JAC and apply for their services tell them you're a member here and bibigayan ka nila ng quotation on their rates kahit ano pa yan. :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 10:07 PM »

from experience.. it's allowed. but usually volume and not weight ang pinaguusapan pag big package... costs higher than dvds.. wish you luck...

agree with singkit, call johnny air cargo and look for the beautiful leiden... mababait lahat ng mga tao dun.. super!!!

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 08:57 AM »
Thanks for those who've shared their experiences with JA. They provide really good service.

Heads-up: if you're contacting them for the first time, do not email. Call. And when you do send an email (to alert them and give them the tracking number of your packages), call to say that you sent it.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 09:11 AM »
It's Leiden's birthday on June 24  so please don't forget to greet her para naman si Leiden ang mapasaya natin  :)

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Sep 12, 2004 at 07:03 PM »
bump :D

If anyone is kind enough to explain the ordering process for me, I would be grateful :)

From the time you order at online merchants to the time it would arrive here in Manila via Johhny Cargo. What are the steps or better yet simulate na lang the actual process you go through when ordering something.

Thank you

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Sep 12, 2004 at 08:30 PM »
bump :D

If anyone is kind enough to explain the ordering process for me, I would be grateful :)

From the time you order at online merchants to the time it would arrive here in Manila via Johhny Cargo. What are the steps or better yet simulate na lang the actual process you go through when ordering something.

Thank you

hi.. you may call them directly at 7500786-87. inform them that you are a pinoydvd member and they'll give you the discounted rate. they'll explain the whole process and orient you as well...

look for leiden or aura... good luck!!!
 ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2004 at 09:02 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 01:25 AM »
^ Bro Hemi is this for the Greenbelt branch? Where exactly is it? Is it better if I inquire in person?  :)

Naku lagot pag natutunan ko 'to baka walang humpay na'ng pag-oorder online!  ;)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 01:35 AM »
cherubrock :  si Leiden nasa greenbelt branch siya and she's very nice and will help you with setting up an account. Ohhhh don't forget to mention na pinoydvd member ka.

Johnny Air is super reliable talaga and yes, patay na pagnatuto ka to use them kasi super convenient na to order... huwag lang heavy items ha kasi patay din bulsa mo  ;D

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 01:48 AM »
Thanks diver, either way patay naman talagang bulsa ko eh..  ;D

How many dvds constitute a "heavy" delivery ba? Or is it by weight?  :)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 06:49 AM »
You pay by weight.  Normally I pay less than P600.00 for 3 single disc dvds in ONE box ( never tried 4 single dvds pa pero i did try 5 and you'll pay extra na).

Make sure lang that when you order na walang back ordered items kasi doon ka malulugi and you will pay more kasi more than once ka magbabayad ng shipping and handling charges from johnny air.  Ako I make sure to tell them na I want it in ONE box only and NO back ordered items  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 10:01 AM »
You pay by weight.  Normally I pay less than P600.00 for 3 single disc dvds in ONE box ( never tried 4 single dvds pa pero i did try 5 and you'll pay extra na).

Make sure lang that when you order na walang back ordered items kasi doon ka malulugi and you will pay more kasi more than once ka magbabayad ng shipping and handling charges from johnny air.  Ako I make sure to tell them na I want it in ONE box only and NO back ordered items  :)

wow diver.. saang online store ang puede i-request na one box lang... amazon??? :)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 10:26 AM »

Naka amazon pa... pero I do request it from amazon nga na I want it as one package lang and no back orders para no chance na maging dalawa as in I always tell them that sa email kahit na they always answer that they can't control that factor that I just click on the Group my items into as few shipments as possible   ;D Better safe than sorry  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Sep 14, 2004 at 11:40 PM »

Naka amazon pa... pero I do request it from amazon nga na I want it as one package lang and no back orders para no chance na maging dalawa as in I always tell them that sa email kahit na they always answer that they can't control that factor that I just click on the Group my items into as few shipments as possible   ;D Better safe than sorry  ;D

naku.. bad experience with amazon before.. buti na lang i felt their sincerity when they said they're sorry... :)

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Sep 15, 2004 at 11:34 AM »
What about returns? Can you course them through JAC as well? Will Amazon then shoulder the charges or will you effectively have to pay again to send it back, have it replaced, and then shipped back again? Also, can you tell Amazon and JAC to group your shipments even if they come from Amazon Marketplace? Or does that apply only to items bought from Amazon mismo?  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Sep 15, 2004 at 10:50 PM »
What about returns? Can you course them through JAC as well? Will Amazon then shoulder the charges or will you effectively have to pay again to send it back, have it replaced, and then shipped back again? Also, can you tell Amazon and JAC to group your shipments even if they come from Amazon Marketplace? Or does that apply only to items bought from Amazon mismo?  :)

Returns? yes you can course them through JAC as well. But as per Amazon policy, they are only obliged to cover postage from NY/JAC Office(point of delivery) to their returns location in the US.  In other words, when you need to return the item/s, you would have to shoulder all expenses should you choose to ship to/through JAC NY. for sensitive/delicate items, i prefer direct to Manila shipping so Amazon can replace this accordingly. Items like Schindler's List Gift Set/Disney Tins or Matrix Ultimate Collection should be delivered directly to Manila for easy replacements.

Yes, you can tell Amazon to group your shipments to few packages as possible,  but no assurance. the need to check the items' availability in different fulfillment centers may opt Amazon to send each item from different locations. JAC, on the other hand, would treat each package as a different transaction and thus apply separate shipping and handling fee for each package. You may try dvdempire if you want your all of your items shipped at the same time.

As a rule, JAC does not group or consolidate packages into one shipping for security reasons and for the reason that this kind of service would entail tedious management/monitoring on their part.

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Sep 16, 2004 at 12:02 AM »
Returns? yes you can course them through JAC as well. But as per Amazon policy, they are only obliged to cover postage from NY/JAC Office(point of delivery) to their returns location in the US.  In other words, when you need to return the item/s, you would have to shoulder all expenses should you choose to ship to/through JAC NY. for sensitive/delicate items, i prefer direct to Manila shipping so Amazon can replace this accordingly. Items like Schindler's List Gift Set/Disney Tins or Matrix Ultimate Collection should be delivered directly to Manila for easy replacements.

Yes, you can tell Amazon to group your shipments to few packages as possible,  but no assurance. the need to check the items' availability in different fulfillment centers may opt Amazon to send each item from different locations. JAC, on the other hand, would treat each package as a different transaction and thus apply separate shipping and handling fee for each package. You may try dvdempire if you want your all of your items shipped at the same time.

As a rule, JAC does not group or consolidate packages into one shipping for security reasons and for the reason that this kind of service would entail tedious management/monitoring on their part.

Thanks so much for the info Hemisphere, as always, so helpful and informative. I think I'll be visiting their branch one of these days to get more detailed info.  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Sep 16, 2004 at 01:09 AM »
welcome.. just tell leiden close tayo.. hehehehe :) at si diver pa pala.. :)

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 12:49 AM »
I was supposed to pass by their Greenbelt office today but completely forgot! Anyway, I was meaning to ask if, when you sign up for an account with JAC, then their NY office serves as your shipping address right? So, is your transaction and shipment considered within the US? Or are you still considered an international customer? In any case, what charges apply? Please help..  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 01:58 AM »
hey cherubrock...

Yes, JAC's NY address would be your shipping destination for all your orders. for most online stores, you get the free shipping privilege with xx dollars worth of items bought.

be aware/cautious bro about returns policy kasi madugo ng konti.. also of items being shipped in separate packages.   

overall, online dvd shopping is a pleasant experience.. and not to mention more fulfilling in so many ways.. :) and trust me.. once you PoP, you can't stop... hahaha.. :)

you might want to join the share the love list also for further discounts.. :)

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2004 at 02:07 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 09:16 PM »
As always, Hemisphere to the rescue! Thanks so much for your input  ;D

I'm just getting all the facts I can before I decide whether I should start this online ordering thing.. And like you said, once I do start it I'm afraid of losing control and maxing out (?) my credit before I know what hit me.. So I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons first..  ;D

I think I'll hold off joining the STL until I'm sure of my purchase. Since there's only a limited number of coupons that can be handed out, unfair naman to those who use them actively if I take up space without using it. But it's certainly something to think about..  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 11:54 PM »
take your time buddy-o.. and welcome.. :)