Author Topic: HD-DVD Issue: We Were Soldiers in DTS 6.1?  (Read 689 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
HD-DVD Issue: We Were Soldiers in DTS 6.1?
« on: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:55 AM »
This movie offers both DD+ 5.1 EX & DTS 6.1. My HD player seems unable to decode the 6.1 audio track. I also heard Toshiba 1st gen HD-A1 player suffers similar fate.  :-\

The problem is when I selected either the 5.1 EX or DTS 6.1 audio (using HDMI output), my receiver can't detect the 6.1 presence (except the standard 5.1 channel only).

So I switched to Optical audio & got similar result. No matter how I tried, I still can't get the darn 6.1 out. My rear surround speaker is totally quiet.  :-[ 

Anyone else that has this tittle? Perhaps it may play well in your Xbox 360? Hope to hear some feedback tnx. :)

My gear info:
HD-DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A2
AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1700
Surround setup: 7.1

P.S. Let me know if you don't have this tittle, I might able to visit your home to test it out.  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:59 AM by pchin »

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HD-DVD Issue: We Were Soldiers in DTS 6.1?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 05:22 PM »
Wait for the firmware...

Unfortunately, I'm disappointed to report that Toshiba still hasn't quite worked out all the kinks in even their top-end model. I remain hopeful that the company can fix the HD-XA2's video stutter, low LFE, and audio sync issues in future firmware updates, but I doubt many potential buyers will be pleased to spend $999 and still experience problems that should have been resolved in quality testing before the product came to market. As such, I think the best course of action is to wait for the promised firmware upgrades before making a purchase decision. Assuming they rectify these lingering concerns, the HD-XA2 has the potential to be a tremendous piece of equipment.