Author Topic: High School Musical 2  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
High School Musical 2
« on: Mar 14, 2007 at 10:51 PM »
The NY Times has an extensive article on High School Musical 2. A lot of spoilers and it looks like one cast member's ego has swollen.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007 at 10:43 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Disney's High School Musical
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2007 at 06:30 PM »
"High School Musical 2," the sequel to the Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel Original Movie for kids, tweens and families, will premiere across Southeast Asia on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 (7.30pm Singapore/Malaysia time, 6.30pm Indonesia time). It will be a "High School Musical" themed weekend of programming events which includes the "High School Musical" Concert, "High School Musical" Around the World showcasing music videos produced internationally to celebrate the worldwide phenomenon of "High School Musical" and Disney Channel shows "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" featuring some of the "High School Musical" cast.

The announcement was made today by Laura E. Wendt, vice president and managing director of The Walt Disney Television International (Southeast Asia): "We can't begin to tell you how thrilled we are to premiere this highly anticipated sequel because if you loved 'High School Musical,' you're in for an absolute thrill ride with 'High School Musical 2," said Wendt.

Reprising their singing and dancing roles are bona fide superstars in the kid and tween universe: Zac Efron as star athlete Troy Bolton, Vanessa Hudgens as brainy transfer student Gabriella Montez, Ashley Tisdale as drama club diva Sharpay Evans, Lucas Grabeel as drama club idol Ryan Evans, Corbin Bleu as teammate and best friend Chad Danforth and Monique Coleman as academic decathlete Taylor McKessie.

In the sequel, school's out for summer, and the East High Wildcats are ready to kick back and make it the time of their lives. If they can land decent summer jobs, all will be right with the world. Troy Bolton can barely believe his luck when he's offered a job at Albuquerque's posh country club, Lava Springs. What he doesn't know is that his newfound employment is part of club queen Sharpay's plot to lure him away from Gabriella. But that plan begins to unravel when Troy, unbeknownst to Sharpay, lands a lifeguard position at the club for Gabriella, as well as jobs for Chad, Taylor, Zeke, Martha, Kelsi, Jason and the rest of his Wildcat pals.

When she learns Kelsi has written what's sure to be a winning duet for Troy and Gabriella to perform at the club's annual Midsummer Night's Talent Show, an incensed Sharpay begins an all-out campaign to ensure these newcomers will not upstage her -- forcing her to relive her humiliation over the school's winter musical.

Thus begins a duel of wits between the determined Sharpay, who seeks to always get what she wants, and Troy, who begins to experience a world of privilege he's never known. What will he be willing to sacrifice for the sake of his future? All questions are answered, musically, of course, on the night of the club's Talent Show.

Emmy Award winners Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush ("High School Musical") are the executive producers. Emmy Award-winning Don Schain ("High School Musical") is the producer. Filmed on location in Salt Lake City and St. George, Utah, "High School Musical 2" is from First Street Films and Salty Pictures.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Re: High School Musical 2
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2007 at 07:35 PM »
"High School Musical 2," the sequel to the Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel Original Movie for kids, tweens and families, will premiere across Southeast Asia on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 (7.30pm Singapore/Malaysia time, 6.30pm Indonesia time).

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2007 at 10:00 PM »
The NY Times has an extensive article on High School Musical 2. A lot of spoilers and it looks like one cast member's ego has swollen.

Which cast member...I'd guess it'd be Zac Efron

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 09:58 PM »
What time is it?

;D

I think Zac Efron's voice is completely different in this song when compared to any song in High School Musical 1. I guess they composed the songs for his character in his voice range, this time.

=====

By the way, 4 days before its US TV debut, this sequel is already online at "the usual places," for anyone interested...  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2007 at 12:34 PM »
It feels a whole lot more like a movie musical than Part 1 did.

It sort of has that whole Grease 2 vibe going against for it...  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2007 at 03:07 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2007 at 10:26 AM »
Certainly better than the first one. It also echoed Dirty Dancing, which Ortega choreographed as well. As usual, the songs are so infectious they're all stuck in my head up to now. Can't wait for what they'd do in the final installment.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 06:21 AM »
Holy crap, it's gonna be pandemonium here. Have there been press releases already? Haven't heard of any, but then again, I don't have any kids:

"Additionally, the soundtrack debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts, there’s a 'High School Musical' video game, it won best film at Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards and Disney is also taking the show on the road internationally. The cast is currently in London and there are also scheduled stops in India and the Philippines."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20514211/

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: High School Musical 2 - Cast Arriving in Manila
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 08:06 AM »
Is Vanessa Hudgens included in the touring cast?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 12:38 AM »
I think it's a promo stop with the entire cast, but I'm wondering why there's nothing about it in local news yet if it's really happening.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 10:49 AM »
I don't know if this is true or not, but there are rumors of Vanessa Hudgens' pic wearing her birthday suit circulating in the net...

Apparently, it was said that she took the pics to show it off to boyfriend Zac Efron.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 11:07 AM »
It's confirmed as hers.

"Earlier this week, a nude photograph of a woman who looked like brunette “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens made the rounds on celebrity Web sites. Now, Hudgens publicist confirms through a statement that the photo is indeed an image of the 18-year-old star.

“This was a photo which was taken privately,” a statement from Hudgens’ rep read. “It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public.”

The National Enquirer was the first to report on the photograph, which has been picked up across the Web.

Hudgens is currently dating her “HSM” co-star, Zac Efron."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20631297/
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 11:32 AM »
Tsk, tsk.

I'm expecting a reaction from Disney regarding this.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
I wonder when there'd be a pinoy version of high school musical.  We seem kinda late adapting one.  ;D

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 02:41 PM »
According to US Weekly, Vanessa Hudgens has already been replaced by Adrienne Bailon of the Cheetah girls in High School Musical 3.

LOS ANGELES,Calif., Sept. 6th--Due to the recent scandal of "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens' naked photo scandal, Execs at Disney have parted ways with the star and have decided to replace her with "Cheetah Girls" star Adrienne Bailon. The decision came just hours after the scandal became public and got to the offices at Disney. Says insiders "It was an extremely hard decision to do. Vanessa has become apart of the family, but we felt it was irresponsible of her to do what she did." It has now been announced that Bailon, star of another hugely successful Disney franchise "The Cheetah Girls" will replace Hudgens in the role of Gabriella, Zac Efron's love interest in the upcoming "High School Musical 3". Both Hudgens and Bailon's reps denied a comment, as well as the reps for Disney.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/15245259.html

Dunno if it's true though..
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007 at 02:42 PM by alcobobaz »

Offline cheftonio

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
High school musical scandal - is this what you call a role model?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 05:02 PM »

I have just saw, photos of Vanessa Hudgens and yes, it is confirmed that, it is Vanessa Hudgens, without anything on.

Role model, huh? so much for one of the highest paid teen stars...

I saw it here... http://www.yehey.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=121932

Just check it out...
cheftonio.blogspot.com

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 10:46 PM »
Since when is it the responsibility of an actress to be a role model?

I mean, seriously. If someone's daughter states that her role model is a teeny bopper star, then they need to expose her to fields other than entertainment.

Let's not forget Vanessa is 18. We all did some crazy, irresponsible stuff at that age. I'm just glad that for me and my barkada, it was before the age of the internet and cell phone cameras.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007 at 07:21 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
Re: High school musical scandal - is this what you call a role model?
« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 06:10 AM »

I have just saw, photos of Vanessa Hudgens and yes, it is confirmed that, it is Vanessa Hudgens, without anything on.

Role model, huh? so much for one of the highest paid teen stars...

I saw it here... http://www.yehey.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=121932

Just check it out...

yeah, yeah, you HAVE JUST SAW the photos... LOL!

if you get your moral lessons and role models from television and movies, then I pity you...

although I have to say though that Vanessa is one horny, dumb girl to put herself into this kind of situation... her being young is no excuse for this level of stupidity... i did some silly things before but at least I was still level-headed enough to know my limits...
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007 at 06:10 AM by Tampalos »

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 07:46 AM »
Sayang naman.  I dont know if my daughter would like a change in the characters.  She's grown to love them after watching HSM over and over again. 

Oh well at least now she could consider accepting more "mature" roles.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:44 AM »
According to US Weekly, Vanessa Hudgens has already been replaced by Adrienne Bailon of the Cheetah girls in High School Musical 3.

LOS ANGELES,Calif., Sept. 6th--Due to the recent scandal of "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens' naked photo scandal, Execs at Disney have parted ways with the star and have decided to replace her with "Cheetah Girls" star Adrienne Bailon. The decision came just hours after the scandal became public and got to the offices at Disney. Says insiders "It was an extremely hard decision to do. Vanessa has become apart of the family, but we felt it was irresponsible of her to do what she did." It has now been announced that Bailon, star of another hugely successful Disney franchise "The Cheetah Girls" will replace Hudgens in the role of Gabriella, Zac Efron's love interest in the upcoming "High School Musical 3". Both Hudgens and Bailon's reps denied a comment, as well as the reps for Disney.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/15245259.html

Dunno if it's true though..

Disney denied this. The company said that they are happy that Hudgens apologized and that there has been no firing done because negotiations with the stars for the third "High School Musical" has not yet been finished. I dunno if that is just company speak for "there's no reason to fire her because she's not yet included in the movie and we can opt not to negotiate if we want to"

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
        My pamangkins are going gaga over this High School Musical 2! They even bought the soundtrack just like the first album. Had to admit it, I enjoyed watching the first HSM and I don't mind watching the sequel as well. Those songs has been going around my mind for the past days courtesy of their endless listening to the 2nd soundtrack. Good thing, I already know the songs that will be heard in the sequel. All songs are fun most especially What Time Is It? and All For One. ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007 at 04:52 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2007 at 12:29 AM »
I can't get 'Bet on it' out of my head!!!! The songs are so catchy hahaha

Offline cheftonio

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 02:01 PM »
Regarding a previous post about Vanessa being a role model. I think she should be one. Kids immitate their idols. internet is a wide place and most kids can easily surf whatever nots here. seeing someone they idolize not wearing anything, would not have good effects. another example is lohan. unless the kids knows how to think already, its fine then. otherwise, like most kids watching disney channels, should practice parental guidance.
cheftonio.blogspot.com

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 02:39 PM »
I can't get 'Bet on it' out of my head!!!! The songs are so catchy hahaha

Ooh! I like one of the bonus tracks. The Hawaiian-themed song. Dance-ably cute!

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 04:45 PM »
HUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUAPUA'A   :D

i cant even pronounce it  :P

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 06:14 PM »
Yeah, that's it. I was just too lazy to type it out.  ;D

I hope the performance will be included in the extended edition DVD.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 15, 2007 at 04:19 PM »

Have seen the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THE CONCERT courtesy once again of my pamangkins. At first, I thought it was an actual live version of HSM along with a story but found out it was all songs as it is a 'concert' after all. I was quite entertained since all the cast/singers can really sing and do some moves. Zac's actual singing voice in the first HSM in the person of Drew Seeley can carry his own style without sacrificing comparisons with Zac. He also has the looks and the moves. Too bad, the concert runs for less than an hour. I could've enjoyed more. Overall, it's fun to watch. ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 01:05 AM »
          As expected, the newly improved DVD release of the hugely popular sequel tagged as HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2: 2-DISC DELUXE DANCE EDITION. Whew! Coming this September 23 (at least in the US).

http://dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99366351805441&item_id=1412814&searchID=

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2008 at 01:32 AM by thegoodbyeguy »