Author Topic: Royal Logistics Survey, comments  (Read 8707 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
Royal Logistics Survey, comments
« on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:53 AM »
Hello, I just talk to Maam Girlie this morning in Royal Logistics and Im doing this survey/comments in behalf of Royal, (so she can help us) because lately she said there have been a few complaints regarding their service ( late than usual etc. etc.)

1. Pls check your packages and see if the sticker has Royal Logistics, If it does, She said we should not pay anything at all at the post office for customs. Pls let me know so I can relay to her which post office are charging customs fees. Make sure these are packages via Royal Logistics that they are charging custom fee or duties. She will gladly talk to the Philippine Postal office and help us so there will be no future hassles or problems.

2. She talked to amazon and seems like they change vendor or something, because before it is totally dhl and royal logistics, for all our orders. It seems like amazon is not letting Royal handle all our orders recently. In the case of what happened to mine. One of my orders came from San Francisco Calif. (It does not state Royal Logistics on the sticker) and it went straight to post office and these are the ones she said we have to pay custom fees. The postal office is charging me 1600 for it and I ended up the so called "negotiating" with them to 700. She said we can email amazon and complain and tell them royal logistics service is much better with no delays, charges etc.

Pls let me know all your feedback so I can call her to let her know how is their service/complaint etc. Thanks

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Royal Logistics Survey, comments
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 12:08 PM »
So that explains why I was charged 35 bucks in QCPO for a DVD shipment worth less than $50. I didn't see a Royal Logistics sticker in mine.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
All my orders this year sent to an Ortigas address arrived w/in 2 weeks  were delivered by Royal.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 02:35 PM by aeris30 »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
yes...my Feb 26 shupment hasnt arrived yet....

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 04:04 PM »
Patay na! Pagminalas ako sa MCPO ko kukunin ang DVD ko. Magkano kaya ang charge sa akin for a DVD worth $14

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 04:31 PM »
hmm...MCPO, is that Makati City Post office?

then they will charge you the following (i know they did in my case):

a. Parcel fee of 35.00
b. Then the customs duty fee:
   ie: DVD of $14.00
   Cost of the Shipment (in Pesos): Php 672.00
    customs duty (value x 10%)   :         67.20
          customs doc stamp & EDF:        500.00
                               BIR Stamp:          15.00
                                Sub Total:     1,254.20   
                           VAT x 12%   :        150.50

So, you'll end up paying:
         customs duty:           67.20
         Customs doc stamp: 500.00
         BIR stamp:                15.00
         VAT:                      150.50
        TOTAL customs fee: 732.70

so.....mas mahal pa yun customs fee than your dvd  :-[ :-\

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 06:15 PM »
My order shipped February 13 only arrived today. Checked the Amazon box, no Royale Logistics sticker. Only paid the usual PhP35 parcel fee in Alabang PO.

It was well within Amazon delivery estimates but slower than when it goes through Royale Logistics from what I remember.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 06:18 PM by animated »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
hmm...MCPO, is that Makati City Post office?

then they will charge you the following (i know they did in my case):

a. Parcel fee of 35.00
b. Then the customs duty fee:
   ie: DVD of $14.00
   Cost of the Shipment (in Pesos): Php 672.00
    customs duty (value x 10%)   :         67.20
          customs doc stamp & EDF:        500.00
                               BIR Stamp:          15.00
                                Sub Total:     1,254.20   
                           VAT x 12%   :        150.50

So, you'll end up paying:
         customs duty:           67.20
         Customs doc stamp: 500.00
         BIR stamp:                15.00
         VAT:                      150.50
        TOTAL customs fee: 732.70

so.....mas mahal pa yun customs fee than your dvd  :-[ :-\

Can I confirm if the orders are via royal logistics, Do they still charge this?. Maam Girlie said as long as your amazon box has royal logistics you should not be paying any custom fees or dues. Im not very sure with the 35 pesos, I think that is storage fee. Maybe everybody have to pay that.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 10:16 PM »
Just cancelled all my pending preorders.  Until this issue is cleared up, don't want to take chance.  After all, I still have four shipment in transit...  so gotta save up for those custom duties...

SOP ba ang 500 doc tax sa custom for each and every package?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 10:24 PM »
Yes this is one of the concerns I told Royale (orders will drop), Actually I ordered something worth around 95 dollars before just for trial and it was forwarded straight to the central post office. My order did not have the royale logistics on the sticker. The central post office also calculated mine almost the same way as keilu said, however I did not look at the calculation closely and mine totaled 1600 pesos or more. I ended up paying 700 with the so called "negotiation" if you know what I mean.

Im trying to get as much feedbacks as I can and  will forward/coordinate with Maam Girlie at Royale to see what can we do regarding this. She is willing to talk to the Philippine Post office daw regarding this because there really should not be any custom fees when we go via royale logistics.

On orders that are mostly delayed I cannot speak for Royale but I think its mainly the post office sitting on it. For those delays that royale deliver straight to you guys, like in makati/ortigas Im not in a position to speak for them, I can or you guys can tell royale directly regarding this so they will have better service

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:00 PM »
The problem is how do you know whether an order will go to the PO or Royal Logistics?  And if the 500 custom fee is per shipment, then it would be better to order in volume since the fee get spread over many discs.  The 10% most can handle, even the 12% VAT.   But 500 for an order of say 2-discs is atrocious...

And what does the custom code says of importation, does every shipment regardless of amount get taxed?   As for PO, they should not sit on orders? Why?  These are legit imports, if duites need to be levied, then say so, not sit on it.  Of course, you can expect these to be a one time payment...no subsequent orders from those who got levied...

I wonder if we send feedback to Amazon, they might relent. 

As for Royal Logistics, for those not in their delivery area, wonder if they could ship via say Air21, instead of the Post Office.  Because Air21 is much more efficient, and it can be tracked, while post office is hit or miss, so many times, you re just waiting for the estimate ship date to lapse, and most collectors are an impatient bunch, the waiting can be excruciating... :)

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:36 PM »
My orders before are 10% post office which means 9/10 package came from Royal.  Now 5/5 na.  Have to pay extra charge for that.  I've talked to some of the guys from Royal and they said that a guy from Amazon came here in the Philippines to check the facilities and royal logistics itself.  I don't know what he observe.  But the main reason he came because many report came here in the Philippines regarding lost package.  I've talked to some of the members before regarding this.  We think that some lurkers in this forum or some members might report lost package even though its not and then sell the replacement here.  I'm not referring to all of us but only 1% - 5%.  Come on guys.  Lets be honest for our own sake.  We get our dvd via royal for free shipping with out customs charge.  Wag na natin abusuhin.  Ngayon malapit nanaman sa customs na lahat.  Not only that we pay customs charge but also wait for 3 weeks or more and have damages.  almost all of my package came from the post office have dented box thus resulting to loose disc and broken statues for gift sets.  and the hassle for reporting this to amazon for a replacement.  And then amazon will not let us return the damage item.  If I were amazon who receive a lot of complain from customers regarding damages say 100 reports per month.  I will weigh my option if i were to make a profit or loss over this country.  Pumapangit ang image.  Now the best we can do is e-mail amazon regarding this na mas mabilis ang dating ng packages from royal.  And not only that.  We tell them na walang damage or less damage than letting it shipped via dhl regular delivery.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM »
Now 5/5 na. 
What do you mean 5/5?

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:51 PM »
What do you mean 5/5?
5/10 pala.  This was from 1st week of January.  Out of ten packages.  5 came in from the post office.  and more than 3 weeks after it was shipped.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 11:56 PM »
Yeah, not to mention the hassle of having to pick it up at the PO everytime... I still have a shipment from 1/26 which haven't arrived.  Not even a parcel notice from the PO.

I really would have hope that Amazon and Royal could set up some sort of tracking system, so they can track where it got lost, even at the cost of a little more on S&H, that way, these nuisance people who would report fraudulent lost packages will be eliminated, if not charged.  

As it is, Royal had to rely on PO to deliver packages on areas not in their territory, so double lost risk.  On the way to Royal, and on the way to the owner via PO.

But as it is, I am stopping all my purchases from Amazon for awhile...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 12:01 AM »
This is the longest Ive experienced so far na natagalan yung pag receive ng package ko.....normally 10-13 days lang.......until now my Feb. 26 shipment havent arrived yet......even tried visting the PO to inquire about the item, wala pa talaga...  :)

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 12:07 AM »
That is also being discussed by the amazon guy and royal logistics.  They will introduce a system for tracking packages so that amazon will know if the packages indeed arrived here and amazon will supply this I think.  Royal logistics will also move its location here in Pasay city this year.  Aalis na sila sa Muntinlupa and a bigger place.  They do all their sorting at Pasay PO kasi.  And sometimes  I see familiar names in the packages when I go there.  Every Monday and Friday kasi punta nila dun.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 12:09 AM »
This is the longest Ive experienced so far na natagalan yung pag receive ng package ko.....normally 10-13 days lang.......until now my Feb. 26 shipment havent arrived yet......even tried visting the PO to inquire about the item, wala pa talaga...  :)
Expect to be under customs.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 06:36 AM »
Well today is the twenty first day since my item was shipped from the US. This is the longest I have ever waited for an item to arrive from Amazon since I started using the Makati address and Royale. If it does not arrive today then I expect it to come via regular Philpost.

I actually have two items on pre-order which should leave late this month. If I do pay a big amount for customs on the item that was already shipped then I think I might cancel the two pre-order items and resort to just buying DiBiDi or download online.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 07:23 AM »
Expect to be under customs.
I really hope not....coz Angeles City PO are always lenient when it comes to parcels/packages.....

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 07:29 AM »
I really hope not....coz Angeles City PO are always lenient when it comes to parcels/packages.....
I forgot.  Your from Angeles City nga pala.  What I mean is its not under royal.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 08:46 PM »
Yeah, not to mention the hassle of having to pick it up at the PO everytime... I still have a shipment from 1/26 which haven't arrived.  Not even a parcel notice from the PO.

Guess what, the notice arrived today. Second Notice.  But I didn't get the first one :( 
Shipment from February 11.  Received by PO on February 27.

Not Royal Logistics but USPS (United States Postal Services).   For this shipment, which is the smallest of my pending orders, I only paid the 35 peso storage fee.

It seem the issue is not with PO, but Royal Logistics.  If the shipment is handled by Royal and delivered by them or forwarded to PO, no tax.  But I don't think anyone had been taxed this way.   

But if Amazon opt for another shipper, then you are playing russian roulette with PO/custom as to duties. 

The problem is Royal Logistics had no good way to track packages, which is why lost packages, whether genuine or not, abound.  So unless Royal come up (or Amazon allow them to use their) tracking system, Royal could be at risk of losing it's service contract with Amazon. 

Fellow forumers, please post whether your orders still come from Royal or another service, so we can know how much of Amazon's order is now routed elsewhere...

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 08:34 AM »
Yes I think the problem nga is in the "lost packages" I think thats why all amazons shipment no longer go thru Royale.  I think Royale business is getting affected by this.

I also had a package like 52 dollars and was not taxed by the post office. The guy asked me if this is my first time. I said yes of course hehe.., Just paid 35 bucks. However I dont remember if its via Royale or not. Yup its Russian Roulette

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
Can I confirm if the orders are via royal logistics, Do they still charge this?. Maam Girlie said as long as your amazon box has royal logistics you should not be paying any custom fees or dues. Im not very sure with the 35 pesos, I think that is storage fee. Maybe everybody have to pay that.

i think my replacement package (my order of November didnt arrive in the estimated delivery date of January 2007, so reported it lost, and Amazon sent a replacement that arrived in Manila in 20 days) wasnt coursed through Royale (i was pestering them if they indeed received a package for me) -and since i only had my packaged picked up by our messenger, and since the box is bulky, he disposed of the box na, i couldnt check if there is a royale logistics sticker or something on it.

btw. Customs official have a standard assumption of $20 per dvd if your amazon package happens to have no costing as mine did since its a replacement shipment. Had to write a letter, attach my amazon order slip, my credit card billing (with the credit card number blocked of course except the last 5 digits) and request a re computation. They did re-compute, and all i saved was a lousy 300 bucks  :P

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 01:08 PM »
kakainis...my shipment of feb 26 nagreflect na sa CC ko while the item hasnt even arrived yet...

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #25 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 03:03 PM »
dito sa tarlac parating matagal dumating packages that's why i try to order at the start of my billing cycle para at least by the time i pay for my orders nakarating na :P

it only takes a week to arrive from the states to manila pero it takes 3-4 weeks to deliver from manila to tarlac! grabe post office natin dito grrrrr  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2007 at 03:04 PM by ET414 »

Offline slpyhead

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 06:04 PM »
My recent order worth $50 (plus $9 shipping) was shipped on Feb. 17 and delivered straight to an Ortigas address by Royale on March 9.  Dvds were in perfect condition.  Excellent job by Royale.   :)

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 01:54 PM »
I called Royale today & I learned that my amazon order that was shipped last March 9 arrived already & is waiting for delivery to my Ortigas address. This would be the 4th time my order arrived within two weeks from shipping date since January when I started using an Ortigas address. Thank you Royale for a job well done 8)
Recent orders:
Jan. 27 order ($51) - shipped Jan. 28 from Amazon Kentucky office - delivered by Royale Feb. 9
Feb. 11 order ($52) - shipped Feb. 13 from Amazon Kentucky office - delivered by Royale Feb. 28
Feb. 28 order ($55) - shipped Mar. 1 from Amazon Delaware office - delivered by Royale Mar 9
Mar. 8 order ($39) - shipped Mar. 9 from Amazon Delaware office - delivered by Royale Mar. 21
*edited to include orders
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 at 07:37 PM by aeris30 »

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 02:12 PM »
I called Royale today & I learned that my amazon order that was shipped last March 9 arrived already & is waiting for delivery to my Ortigas address. This would be the 3rd time my order arrived within two weeks from shipping date since February when I started using an Ortigas address. Thank you Royale for a job well done 8)

Lucky you! My order sent last February 23 has yet to arrive. The only good thing is that Amazon estimates it will arrive from March 2- March 19. So if it does not arrive then I can get a replacement.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
yes lucky you.....another day has passed and my Feb 26 shipment havent arrived yet...hmmmmm...