Author Topic: help:Best plasma/lcd for 60k below  (Read 3476 times)

Offline ghyphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help:Best plasma/lcd for 60k below
« on: Apr 01, 2007 at 01:16 PM »
mga sir. we are planning to buy lcd or plasma tv

budget namin 60k below

thanks...

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: help:Best plasma/lcd for 60k below
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 07:52 AM »
Good Morning !

You might like to visit Anson's across The Podium.  It is just new. I was there two days ago, and if your budget is around that much, you can choose between the 32 inch Samsung  (around 54k) this includes a 5.1 free home entertainment system:) or the 32 inch bravia which costs around 64 thousand (original price of this was around  80+!).  Both are LCD's.  I am sorry I was not able to get the exact models, but if you ask me the Sony had better resolution, and had quite crisper images.  Please let me know if I was able to help. and one more thing both tv's are on sale only until around april 14.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Blackie
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 09:55 AM »
Yep, the new Anson's store is pretty nice and the sales staff are quite helpful. There are a few LCDs below 60k. The Samsung model blackie is referring to is the LA32S71B priced I think at 54k or 59K with the free HTiB. The higher model - the LA32R71B is priced at 69K. I am really thinking about getting the latter.

However, when I was there, the sales staff were willing to give huge discounts for some brands. Like the Hitachi 32LD9000TA priced at around 69K I think packaged with a (unkown brand) dvd player with HDMI, the salesman said he could give me at 55K if I paid cash. Even the Philips sales guys were offering prices at less than the tag price for the 32PF7321 which is also bundled with an HTiB.

Looks like now is the best time to get an LCD!  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
forgot to mention that majority of their LCDs they offer at 12 up to 24 months 0% installment..  ;D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 10:09 AM »
Good Morning !

You might like to visit Anson's across The Podium.  It is just new. I was there two days ago, and if your budget is around that much, you can choose between the 32 inch Samsung  (around 54k) this includes a 5.1 free home entertainment system:) or the 32 inch bravia which costs around 64 thousand (original price of this was around  80+!).  Both are LCD's.  I am sorry I was not able to get the exact models, but if you ask me the Sony had better resolution, and had quite crisper images.  Please let me know if I was able to help. and one more thing both tv's are on sale only until around april 14.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Blackie

side note: both have the same resolution :)

mga sir. we are planning to buy lcd or plasma tv

budget namin 60k below

thanks...

do you have any particular brand preference?

your budget is enough to buy any lower to mid end models of most brands.

if your willing to spend in the 70+k bracket, you can already get most of the respectable high-end models.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2007 at 10:12 AM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 08:52 AM »
Looks like now is the best time to get an LCD!  ;)

Hi.  Hope you don't mind.  It seems you've done some personal research already.  Given the budget, which is around 70K, which brand and model you would take?  TIA.  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 09:54 AM »
Hi.  Hope you don't mind.  It seems you've done some personal research already.  Given the budget, which is around 70K, which brand and model you would take?  TIA.  ;D

Ice Tea, I am thinking of getting the LA32R71B priced at 69k+ but you can haggle if you are paying cash... If you want to see this in action, got to Western at Mega... super linaw sya plus most of the reviews I've seen on the net are very positive...  ;)

You can also try the Sharp Aquos 32" which is priced a bit lower... see the Sharp Aquos thread for the model...

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 09:58 AM »

at 70+k?

i'd get either the sony 32v200a or the samsung 32n71, you jsut need to do some minor haggling.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 03:51 PM »
forgot to mention that majority of their LCDs they offer at 12 up to 24 months 0% installment..  ;D

do they still give the freebies even if you get it thru installment. TIA! Any promo on LCD/Plama 40" and above. Thanks again!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 04:28 PM »
do they still give the freebies even if you get it thru installment. TIA! Any promo on LCD/Plama 40" and above. Thanks again!

vtec3, I think most of them come with an HTiB or some other AV gear even at installment just not sure if that includes the 24 months scheme... Punta ka na lang sir.. the place is pretty nice and may parking sila sa basement...  ;)

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 09:54 AM »
Ice Tea, I am thinking of getting the LA32R71B priced at 69k+ but you can haggle if you are paying cash... If you want to see this in action, got to Western at Mega... super linaw sya plus most of the reviews I've seen on the net are very positive...  ;)

You can also try the Sharp Aquos 32" which is priced a bit lower... see the Sharp Aquos thread for the model...

First, thanks for the info, but you mentioned Hitachi and Philips too.  Does this mean that you still prefer Samsung over the others?  How about over Sony?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 10:45 AM »
First, thanks for the info, but you mentioned Hitachi and Philips too.  Does this mean that you still prefer Samsung over the others?  How about over Sony?

yes overall, Samsung (for me) looks like the best deal in terms of bang for your buck... I also considered after sales service, so far Samsung has got the best feedback in this area... Sony I am a bit iffy as Sony products are not known to be durable especially with the recent problems they've had with the laptop batteries... Also I think the Sony Bravia model that is at the price level of the Samsung 32" is just a 26"...  ;)

If you have extra cash like 15k more, go for the 37 "Sharp Aquos on sale now at Western in Mega which fellow member paolorenzo got...  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 10:47 AM »
the 32" Philips Pixel Plus kasi was also nice but I noticed some "pixelization" or artifacts during fast action scenes... again, check the Samsung 32" at Western... ganda especially when they were playing Ice Age

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 11:43 AM »
...ganda especially when they were playing Ice Age

Pareng Jeck, never use cartoons as demo material.  Use fast scene movies with a lot of dark scenes.  Action scenes from Matrix, or LOTR, etc.

Daya ang cartoons.  Always sharp and vivid ang lalabas na picture.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 02:10 PM »
yep.. they also show this Samsung demo video na live action and maganda din... pero pamatay yung Ice Age sa linaw compared to the other brands that were also showing animation..  ;)

Offline jacorb_88

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM »
just bought Samsung S81B, latest Sonoma release at 8000:1 contrast ratio (the previous is 3000:1->S71B). Price is 59,900. Add 5,000 and you'll get 22k HTIB. I got a fairly good deal from Abenson Galleria. Anson's (across podium) is giving out 5,000 less for R81BX (10000:1), priced at 69,900. Philips 7321 also 5,000 less. Ansons doesnt have S81B model. Samsung 18 months 0% interest, while Philips offers 24 months 0% interest.

I preferred S81B over R81BX. Firstly, due to price. Secondly, the only difference between them is MoviePlus feature which S81B doesnt have. As far as contrast ratio, I cant really tell the difference in PQ between 8000:1 and 10000:1 contrast ratios. So I dont want to shell out for something I couldnt really feel having advantage of. Plus the fact, it seems to me that S81B has a little softness in PQ. R81BX is too crisp for my liking, and caused me eye strain much than the latter.

Other options: Toshiba Regza 68e, 55k in Listening Room.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2007 at 12:21 PM by jacorb_88 »

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM »
the old model Sonoma was selling below 50k plus 18 mths zero interest. when i did my math if i remember correctly a little over 2k lang ang monthly. It was selling like hot cakes where I auditioned the new Samsung series. At least in the two hours I was there I saw them sell 3 LCDs (old series Sonoma and Bordeaux). The rep told me if I wanted those old series to deposit 5k because very limited na daw ang stocks  ;D

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 06:46 PM »
Other options: Toshiba Regza 68e, 55k in Listening Room.

This is a unit worth considering.  Mainly because of the 100Hz feature, and 2-tuner PIP.  Really good deal for 55k, IMO.

Offline Bunsoy

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 05:35 PM »
paolo,
ilan ang contrast ratio ng toshiba regza 68e?
if more than 1500:1, then i also agree this is the best buy in terms of features.
rj

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 08:58 PM »
paolo,
ilan ang contrast ratio ng toshiba regza 68e?
if more than 1500:1, then i also agree this is the best buy in terms of features.
rj

Kamusta na Bunsoy?  1000:1 lang, but CNET has an interesting review.  No mention of the 2-tuner PIP though.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037588,39272183p-1,00.htm

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #20 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 08:50 PM »
guys, fyi lang. saw a couple of 32" lcd tvs (forgot the brand) kahapon sa d cinema sa may festival mall. nasa 55k ung card price. balikan ko bukas....balitaan ko kayo.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007 at 01:47 AM »
listening room at Mega offered me the 32" regza wl66e for P49500 cash and the samsung 32" r81 at P58000 cash