Author Topic: Letters From Iwo Jima/ Battle for Iwo Jima Commemorative Ed. (May 22, 2007)  (Read 1349 times)

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237
from DVD Times:

Letters From Iwo Jima (R1) in May 

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Letters From Iwo Jima for 22nd May 2007 priced at $34.99 SRP. Clint Eastwood's second film about Iwo Jima chronicles the Japanese defence of the island.

Features on this 2-Disc Special Edition include:
     2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
     Japanese DD5.1 Surround
     English, French and Spanish subtitles
     Red Sun, Black Sand: The Making of Letters from Iwo Jima - An inside look at the creation of the film with all key players
     The Faces of Combat: The Cast of Letters from Iwo Jima - Cast members introduce the characters they portray in the film
     Images from the Frontlines: The Photography of Letters from Iwo Jima - A still photo montage
     November 2006 World Premiere at Budo-kan in Tokyo
     November 2006 Press Conference

Released by Paramount on the same day is Flags of our Fathers (2-Disc Special Edition) which will also be available as part of a Letters From Iwo Jima / Flags of our Fathers 5-Disc Commemorative Edition from Warner priced at $49.96 SRP. The fifth disc of this set is the A&E documentary “Heroes of Iwo Jima” which is narrated by Gene Hackman. Also on the disc is the Oscar-nominated 1945 Short Film To the Shores of Iwo Jima.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I know something like this will be forthcoming that I restrained from ordering Flags of our father.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I'm disappointed at the packaging of the combo box set. I was hoping it will be in a big steelbox, like Superman UE.

I'll just wait if the set would get released here. If not, I'll go for R1, despite my aesthetic reservations.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2007 at 12:13 PM by allanmandy »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Ooopsss... just posted my comment on the other thread. So, just to inquire further, would this box set contains separate amaray cases for both movies or would it be in digipak?
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline nixenzo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
Meh... will wait for a local release if this is just a repackaging of the two releases, as I'm not that interested in the documentary (Which you probably can get cheap somewhere, anyway. Not sure, though). Or wait for the Japanese or Korean release, which I bet would be expensive.  ::)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2007 at 07:50 PM by nixenzo »
Librarian

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I saw a Warner pamphlet at Astro Makati, saying that the combo boxed set will be available on May 2007 for Php 795. Artwork indicated on the pamphlet is the same as the R1. I forgot if the set will also have 5 discs, as from what I remember, there will only be 3 discs for the local release. Just correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Only 3? Does that mean both movies are in single disc editions?
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Only 3? Does that mean both movies are in single disc editions?

According to Mr. Hankey's post over at the R3 thread, Flags will be a 2-disc set and Letters just a sigle-disc.. may be the same as the one at CD Wow..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 at 10:15 AM by boredfilmmaker »