Author Topic: Samsung LA32S71B trailing images  (Read 1425 times)

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung LA32S71B trailing images
« on: Apr 03, 2007 at 06:25 PM »
Mga Bro, I have a Samsung LA32S71B LCD tv.  I was just wondering if some of you, probably not limited to this model, has the same problem as I am experincing now.  May trailing images when viewing DVD on this LCD TV, using my HDMI connection.  Mukhang nangyayari lang sya kapag black ang background.  Para bang may memory yung pixels of an image (minsan maski pala fixed images like the Pioneer Logo of my DVD player).  Has anyone experienced this?  What do you think is happening?

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung LA32S71B trailing images
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2007 at 06:33 PM »
Mga Bro, I have a Samsung LA32S71B LCD tv.  I was just wondering if some of you, probably not limited to this model, has the same problem as I am experincing now.  May trailing images when viewing DVD on this LCD TV, using my HDMI connection.  Mukhang nangyayari lang sya kapag black ang background.  Para bang may memory yung pixels of an image (minsan maski pala fixed images like the Pioneer Logo of my DVD player).  Has anyone experienced this?  What do you think is happening?

low reponse time related or something?

so far my lcd hasnt produced any of this errors
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline ravel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 09:05 AM »
Did some tests last night and found out that it is only happening on my HDMI connection, component video seems ok naman.  So it may be the HDMI port of the LCD, HDMI cable, HDMI port of my dvd player. 

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2007 at 09:50 AM »
Report it to Samsung; I had a problem with the HDMI of my Slimfit 29" WS before, and that's one of the reason why I upgraded to the Sonoma, and yes from my experience, HDMI ports at times malfunction, I think Firewired called it "Handshake problem".

You can also try to initially detach the HDMI and interchange, if you have another HDMI cable., anyway, detach & attach afterwhich, boot the LCD and the player at the same time, if your problem persist, you'll find out how good Samsung support services are. ;)

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 10:05 AM »
I don't have similar problem on my 32N71.  I agree, better report it to Samsung.  Customer service of Samsung is great, and I'm sure they'll help you out with your problem.  Ask them to bring their own HDMI cable to test on your unit, kasi baka naman hdmi cable mo ang may problem. 

Offline ravel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 11:37 AM »
Share ko lang mga bro.  I had my brightness config changed from 65 to about 45, ok na sya.  Also changed some settings, here are my dvd/hdmi settings:

Mode: Movie
Energy Saving: Medium
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 10
Color: 40
Color Temp: Warm2

Also changed in the service menu, Dynamic Contrast - Off and Dynamic CE - off.  Didn't like contrast adjusting automatically when using Standard/Customer/Dynamic modes (for my TV viewing naman.)  Halos same config lang with the above, except for sharpness which is at 50.  How about you guys, what were your optimal settings.