Author Topic: Toshiba Regza  (Read 20078 times)

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Toshiba Regza
« Reply #90 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 10:10 PM »
is the toshiba 32A3000 any good???  if you compare it sa SAMSUNG 32R81

Offline Fait

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 01:05 AM »
hi sir, what cable did you use?  did you use vga or hdmi?  coz there is someone at tipidpc (username: dede) that is using the same model, and claims that he was able to get the native resolution (1366x768) using vga.  Im not sure pa, but can anyone really confirm this, coz im considering this lcd.  here's the link btw.

http://tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=88421&page=65

@kane:

I was using a dvi-vga cable on it and a ATI x1950pro videocard but no luck tweaking it because it can not support 16:9 ratio but it can support 1366x768 resolution.. so getting a 4:3 ratio with a 1366x768 is different - distorted image w/ 2 black bars on the side..

I got my A3000E when it was first released in stores, I acquired it day1, if dede was able to use 16:9 and at the same time 1366x768, maybe Toshiba did something about it already but it's close to impossible doing it since it was really built like that (well, may be it's just my opinion)

You can read cnetasia.com -- reviews on it using it as a monitor sucks and look closely to the screen shot the reviewers did, you'll see 2 black bars on the side.

Ask dede of TPC to give you a screen shot of it using it as a pc monitor, tell him to browse tipidpc.com just for assurance. If he can provide you one, good job on it.. It means it is perfectly working -- and yes, a good buy already for a htpc.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2007 at 01:35 AM by Fait »

Offline ergo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 02:18 AM »
Are all the channel like that?
check your manual tunning and set all the sound system to M.

thanks bro di pala nakaM yung sound. hassle kailangan pa isa-isahin.

Offline ergo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 02:21 AM »
@ergo,

congrats on your new acquisition. hope you resolve your problem re cable tv  viewing.

thanks hehe ps3 gaming is pure bliss!

Offline sstar68

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 09:28 AM »
thanks bro di pala nakaM yung sound. hassle kailangan pa isa-isahin.

No problem bro. yung nga you have to set all the channel manually.

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:19 AM »
@kane:

I was using a dvi-vga cable on it and a ATI x1950pro videocard but no luck tweaking it because it can not support 16:9 ratio but it can support 1366x768 resolution.. so getting a 4:3 ratio with a 1366x768 is different - distorted image w/ 2 black bars on the side..

I got my A3000E when it was first released in stores, I acquired it day1, if dede was able to use 16:9 and at the same time 1366x768, maybe Toshiba did something about it already but it's close to impossible doing it since it was really built like that (well, may be it's just my opinion)

You can read cnetasia.com -- reviews on it using it as a monitor sucks and look closely to the screen shot the reviewers did, you'll see 2 black bars on the side.

Ask dede of TPC to give you a screen shot of it using it as a pc monitor, tell him to browse tipidpc.com just for assurance. If he can provide you one, good job on it.. It means it is perfectly working -- and yes, a good buy already for a htpc.

Hi,

Kane, i suppose you are "scaglietti" in tpc right? The one who PMed regarding this issue?

Okay, first I would like to say A3000E's image/picture quality is decent, not as good as R81 series, but is almost at par with SD and HD contents, both color accuracy and range... and for the price, OMG... it is something you really want to consider. I got mine for 60k only

Re: using as HTPC

I am using, the same with Fait, DVI-VGA cable on an X1950pro video card. Using Catalyst driver 7.4. Under Catalyst Control Center, there is this option "include 1360x768 support"... after checking that, you can select 1360x768 as a desktop resolution. It worked with A3000e and the ratio is correct, 16:9 (note not 1366, but 1360 only).

I have downloaded several HD contents (720p 8gb movies in hd-bits.ro) and it looked stunningly great. Nothing less than what I was expecting. Of course, it would have been much better if I would've used a HDMI-DVI cable. I haven't tried actual HD DVD or bluray yet so I am sure that will be better (8gb vs 25gb)

As for the correct ratio, I haven't heard anything about "Old versions" of this model as A3000e is quite new (4-6mos?). It is the "pang-masa" version of wl68e. I suggest you try using powerstrip...

I will post a screenshot if I finished my next movie... yebah!!! Cant wait...

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
@fait
aren't you the same fait in tpc? i see you a lot in "high def TV" thread in tpc.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:36 AM »
@dede:

Yes chief that's me..

You were able to set the A3000E without 2 blackbars in the side? Hmm.. Reading the manual and calling up the customer service of toshiba before, they couldn't find/answer the problems to it because there is no option in the tv to set it to wide option (16:9) (it doesn't work on pc mode but works if you're on video or tv mode)

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:37 AM by Fait »

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 10:39 AM »
@dede:

Yes chief that's me..

You were able to set the A3000E without 2 blackbars in the side? Hmm.. Reading the manual and calling up the customer service of toshiba before, they couldn't find/answer the problems to it because there is no option in the tv to set it to wide option (16:9) (it doesn't work on pc mode but works if you're on video or tv mode)

yes, i was... i didnt have any problems setting it up on my first try. Moreover, once you plug the VGA cable to your DVI, most of your regza remote controller buttons will not work (picture and image settings)... You can set ratio/resolution/overlay settings in your nvidia/ati control panel.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 10, 2007 at 05:34 PM »
@dede:

Really? So you have to tweak the videocard first for the 16:9? hmm.. Dapat hindi ganon =/ pero atleast it worked for you..

gratz man.. ok performance niyan for a entry level hdtv.

Offline dede

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 09:22 AM »
@dede:

Really? So you have to tweak the videocard first for the 16:9? hmm.. Dapat hindi ganon =/ pero atleast it worked for you..

gratz man.. ok performance niyan for a entry level hdtv.

No tweaking... just selecting desktop resolution to 1360x768. Ano po ba dapat? Pag saksak, automatic na? I kinda set it up like a monitor... i think my driver thought it was a monitor. How should've I have done it?

Yes, it is quite good for its price... nothing spectacular though. STill have to wait til i try hddvd on it.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2007 at 09:22 AM by dede »

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Sep 11, 2007 at 02:54 PM »
@dede:

Yes, dapat plug and play mga hdtvs if supported ang widescreen.. Tried Samsung S71, Bravia V200A, Aquos PX5M all are plug and play. No  need to set on teh vc anymore. :s

Offline aoltech017

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Sep 15, 2007 at 05:10 AM »
bros,

oks ba ang 32A3000 to set it up mainly as a monitor and pang-PS3...meron kc akong Samsung 226bw and naliliitan na ako...i saw this toshiba model and mura siya for a 32" and malinaw...

thanks!

Offline aoltech017

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 04:57 AM »
If you guys are planning to build a HTPC using a 37A3000E, Dont... ;)

It doesn't support 16:9 display -- Unless the latest models were fixed already but I doubt it.

bro, what do you mean? I am planning to buy a 32A3000E pa naman...

Offline ergo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 04:46 AM »
can anyone recommend optimal picture settings for 37A3000E for blu ray movies and/or ps3 gaming?

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #105 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM »
I passby Anson's Appliance Store here in Ortigas, they are on sale right now:

Buy 1 32" A3000E and get other 1 at P75K cash and 79,990 for card (6months 0%)

Buy 1 42" A3000E and get 1 32"A3000E at P110K cash and 119,900 for card (6months 0%)

Offers good while supplies last daw...No freebies (wall bracket, etc.)

Will this be a good buy?

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 07:29 PM »
sir spiro0426,

sa western, i inquire this afternoon and they can work it out with the managers to give the buy 1 take 1 promo for the 32"A3000E for as low as P70,000.00 CASH

hope this helps.

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 08:23 PM »
thanks for that input bro..

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #108 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 06:05 AM »
sir spiro0426,

sa western, i inquire this afternoon and they can work it out with the managers to give the buy 1 take 1 promo for the 32"A3000E for as low as P70,000.00 CASH

hope this helps.

that's a pretty good price already for a 32 regza = 35K each.

i think you should go for this while they still have stocks. maganda naman ang performance ng regza. reasonably priced.
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 07:32 AM »
Here are some pics of my new tv in action.

Gran Turismo 5 gameplay trailer

Heavenly Sword

I have yet to fiddle with the settings. If you think the images are too bright, blame it on my camera. I'm certain they weren't that bright when I took them.

Haven't seen blu ray movies yet. Still enjoying gaming too much.  ;D

Congrats bro. This is a very good display with a great price too. Ask ko lang where did you buy your GT HD? This is one of my first reasons why I'm also interested in getting a PS3?  ;)

Offline rx330

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 09:45 AM »
GT HD is a free dload, no need to purchase one :D

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
that's a pretty good price already for a 32 regza = 35K each.

i think you should go for this while they still have stocks. maganda naman ang performance ng regza. reasonably priced.

No need to hurry bro, brod Nemesis also offers the best.. il check his unit one of these days...

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 05:26 AM »
got my unit from jeff/nemesis, he has nice deals, accomodating personnel and laging una sa new HT stuff and im really satisfied with the purchases i made from them but the 35k each is lower than when i purchased from them or i may say lowest i ever heard of.

check-out theater works 3rd floor trinoma mall, near mindanao ave. parking. tel.901-3975 but then again go for it while they have stocks pag naubos kasi  :-[ sasabihin mo sayang, sana...

;)

just my 2 cents!

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 06:33 AM »
Well, to be able to get the P35K price, you have to purchase two units.  If you're on a limited budget, you have to have a friend with you who will buy the other one for P35k.  Unless you have P70k with you and you have use for two LCDs in your home.

I told my wife, we can get this.  One for the HT and one in our room.   ;D  Unfortunately, budget would not allow it. hehehe  ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 07:05 AM »
 ;D that was a good try though! almost tried that myself!

i bet for that price baka madami maki take 1.

the discount you'll get is almost as much as a new sabre avs 501 luna.

Offline spiro0426

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 07:42 AM »
Well, to be able to get the P35K price, you have to purchase two units.  If you're on a limited budget, you have to have a friend with you who will buy the other one for P35k.  Unless you have P70k with you and you have use for two LCDs in your home.

I told my wife, we can get this.  One for the HT and one in our room.   ;D  Unfortunately, budget would not allow it. hehehe  ;D

Bro are you still interested for the Western deal? Baka pwede tayo mag tig-isa....hehehe

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 05:01 AM »
sent you a PM spiro0426.

thanks.

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 09:55 AM »
got my 32 at 44k >:(
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline lover8888boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
Dear all,

i went to THEATER WORKS, they have very good deal. they have some promo go and check it.

:) ;)

Offline DVDGamer

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Sep 29, 2007 at 12:56 AM »
The Toshiba Regza 37' is available in the US for $999 (Costco).  I've been debating on whether I should have one shipped to Manila, or just buy one that is available there.  Of course, w Shipping and tax it will bring the price much higher than the quoted retail price, but would still be cheaper than quoted price I've seen in this thread.  Likewise, the specs for the Regza seems very different, with 3 HDMI inputs,etc.. 

Do you have complete specs for Regza in Manila?  Any opinion on whether its best to get it here or buy one in Manila instead? Is there a warranty for sets bought in Manila?  If there is, how long is the warranty? Thanks.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2007 at 01:35 AM by DVDGamer »