Author Topic: samsung update the mosel series again!!  (Read 2195 times)

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
samsung update the mosel series again!!
« on: Apr 16, 2007 at 08:15 PM »
remember the hype with f71 and n71 well forget them.. they just announced the  m81 !!

samsungs new 1080p high end 8th gen lcd.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037588,40432461p,00.htm

now this is a triple hdmi 1.3 lcd
15,000 dynamic contrast

only con i can think of there is no official support for deep color... but no source currently fully supports it. ps3 will eventually thru software update i hear..
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007 at 11:15 PM by allenwfc »
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
Re: samsung update the mosel series again!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 08:38 PM »
Wowowee!!!  Sounds very impressive.  Let's wait and see.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007 at 08:39 PM by barrister »

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 09:15 PM »
Just having the HDMI 1.3 ports without having the LCD TV actually taking advantage of Deep Color does not compute. The deep blacks and better colors are more compelling reasons to get the display. Dynamic contrast ratio's good enough even with the oldest/cheapest Sammies.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 11:21 PM »
Just having the HDMI 1.3 ports without having the LCD TV actually taking advantage of Deep Color does not compute. The deep blacks and better colors are more compelling reasons to get the display. Dynamic contrast ratio's good enough even with the oldest/cheapest Sammies.

side note: what i didnt mention above, but is stated in the review above, is that the one-remote control "feature" of hdmi 1.3 was one of the main things added to the model.

at this point... it isnt clearly stated if the lcd fully supports deep color or no and
as i stated either no or not many sources support it yet... as barrister said.. let's wait and see :)
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 02:03 AM »
For me, those specs are impressive enough to make an observer sit up and take notice.

Samsung is already the world's largest LCD manufacturer.  But with this series, it is also aiming to become the world's best.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 07:33 AM »
Wow wow wee!  :o Great news allenwfc  ;)

I'm salivating & hopefully when the final details released will confirm all the goody features. This Samsung LCD maybe my gateway for upgrading my projection HDTV.  :P

Offline aikon

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 09:02 AM »
this is the one i'm waiting for :o

here's a review of the UK version...

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-LE40M86BD/

it's already in the samsung ph website...

http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/tv/lcdtv/la40m81b.asp
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2007 at 09:11 AM by aikon »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 09:37 AM »
You guys like LCD panel with glossy surface?  That sure is an effective solution to strikingly increase contrast and black levels.  It would be interesting to see how this Samsung panel actually stacks up side-by-side with Sharp's premium R series.

I truly envy those who can afford these premium models.   Enjoy!

Offline asdn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 10:35 AM »
nakakaasar lang kakabili lang namin ng mosel last month bayad na siya although hindi pa namin napapadeliver yung units. 2 hdmi at 5000:1 lang yung nabili namin 46f71 yun grrrr

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 12:52 PM »
OK lang, siguradong sobrang mahal naman nitong bago.  Pag bumaba ang presyo ng M81, may mas bago na naman, mas maganda pa.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM by barrister »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2007 at 10:06 PM »
I just hope the price when announced will not cause heart attack  ;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007 at 07:23 AM »
I was lucky enough to receive an invite to the dealer's preview conference last month and saw all the new lines. The updated Mosel/Tulip series has the flagship LA52M811B which does 1080p, claims 15,000:1 ratio and lists for 400K.

I was so impressed by the 52" Tulip that I pretty much ignored the hostesses/models who were giving the crowd the product song-and-dance. After the tour (format was a gallery walk-through), the guy beside me said he couldn't concentrate because of the short skirts and cleavage. When I confessed to not noticing, he   laughed and asked if most PinoyDVD members were similarly obsessed with their hardware. I said "yes". ;D

Anyway, the one thing I saw in this launch that I hadn't seen before was a side-by-side comparison of the different model lines so that the audience could closely compare image quality and the effect of the different feature settings. This gave me a chance to scrutinize each series. Since the Bordeaux Plus has been talked about to death in another thread, I'll focus on the M81 line. In front of me were 3 units: an M81 (Tulip), an R81 (Bordeaux Plus), and the entry-level S81. All were connected to Blu-ray players and set at their highest resolutions.

The Tulip's 15,000:1 contrast ratio combined with its "Movie Plus" mode and "Super Clear" panel made a big difference. Black levels are fantastic and contrast is superb - better IMHO than Samsung's Q91 and C91 plasmas that were also on display. "Movie Plus" is Samsung's deinterlacing feature for minimizing motion judder by interpolating the new position of objects onscreen, particularly during fast action sequences. It works for the most part, but I would've wanted to spend more time trying different discs. Overall, while the images had a 3dish eye-popping quality to them, the experience still didn't quite have the filmic-feel of my trusty DLP - but that could be just me sour graping since at Php400K for the 52" model, the M81 is currently out of reach.

Compared to the R81 and S81 units beside it, the M81 is simply in a class by itself. It's an excellent display and easily one of the best panels out there - top of the heap according to other reviewers -  but I can't validate that since a dealer's event hardly qualifies as an ideal review environment. Now if I can only get Samsung to park one of these things in my house for a week... :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007 at 07:38 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007 at 07:43 AM »
Man Im dreaming of this tv (M81) too, well looks like its out of reach for me. I have to sell my car and still it wont be enough to get this tv..It will be a long wait for a price drop. I just wish they price hdtvs here the way they do it in the States. :(

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007 at 09:09 AM »
For me, those specs are impressive enough to make an observer sit up and take notice.

Samsung is already the world's largest LCD manufacturer.  But with this series, it is also aiming to become the world's best.

What's the world's best LCD manufacturer then?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM »
What's the world's best LCD manufacturer then?

Sharp. 

http://www.sharp-kameyama.com/

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007 at 06:53 PM »
I just came from Automatic Center ATC a few minutes ago to audition the 46-inch LA46S81B and the 46-inch LA46M81B with a Xbox 360 using a VGA cable. Both were able to display the image in 1360x768 & 1920x1080. The Mosel/Tulip/M81 won hands down cause of the resolution, contrast and other technomumbojumbo firewired mentioned earlier.

But I am more inclined with the S81 simply because my downloaded videos arent 1080p yet, my computer cant run games at that resolution at an acceptable fps, i have no plans to get a hddvd or bd player at the moment, no one has yet to broadcast in High Def over the air or via cable TV and the M81 costs half a car.

As for the S81 vs R81... for the price difference I'd rather go with the S81. One more HDMI port, 1000 more contrast ratio and a more artsy bezel design is not worth the premium.

I prefer Samsung for the simple reason that it just works without any fuss. Other LCDs have very weird plug & play features.

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
What is the higher end Samsung model -- S-series or R-series?

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007 at 03:57 PM »
R81 is the improved Bordeaux Plus series. S81 is the new entry-level line.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
anybody have this 46m81..I tried Devils wear prada last nite orig dvd in automatic centre in glorietta, appliance madness and the guy run component, samsung dvd player, I think natural 480i and it looks bad. Very noisy but the movements look really good, parang 3d.. any feedbacks, is this a good tv??ty