Author Topic: Sony 32V200a  (Read 4651 times)

Offline runner10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Sony 32V200a
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007 at 10:09 AM »
I am about to buy this LCD TV, hopefully this weekend.  But I am having second thoughts since the sofa in my TV room will be about 9 feet away from the media cabinet.  Do you think that a 32" LCD is too small for a viewing distance of 9 ft?  Or should I go with the 40" instead?  But the problem with the 40" is that it's tooooooooooooooo expensive!!!

Question: To those with 32" LCDs, what is your viewing distance???

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007 at 08:17 PM »
I don't have a Sony LCD.  Mine is Samsung LA32R81.  When lying in bed, my head is 12 feet away from the LCD and picture size is still ok.  I don't think you'll have any difficulty watching from 9 feet away.  You wouldn't want to go too near either because pixelization will be more noticeable.

I am about to buy this LCD TV, hopefully this weekend.  But I am having second thoughts since the sofa in my TV room will be about 9 feet away from the media cabinet.  Do you think that a 32" LCD is too small for a viewing distance of 9 ft?  Or should I go with the 40" instead?  But the problem with the 40" is that it's tooooooooooooooo expensive!!!

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007 at 12:26 AM »
I don't have a Sony LCD.  Mine is Samsung LA32R81.  When lying in bed, my head is 12 feet away from the LCD and picture size is still ok.  I don't think you'll have any difficulty watching from 9 feet away.  You wouldn't want to go too near either because pixelization will be more noticeable.

THanks R1DVD!!!

Offline nels76

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007 at 06:29 AM »
@nels76:

How's your local/cabled channel reception? Are you just using ordinary cable wire for watching local-cabled channels?

sakin kasi hindi mashado maganda reception or dahil naka split lang cable ko.. lol. Anything I can do to make it better?

Decent naman. malinis ang reception.
And I am just using the stock cable provided by Sky.

Nasa Primary connection kasi ung bravia ko kaya malinis ang reception.
naka-split din cable sa amin connected to 3 other CRTs.  ;D

Make ur LCD the primary connection para luminaw siya.

The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007 at 08:30 AM »
Best way to know is to go to the dealer and sit 9 feet away from their display.  Kasi, viewing pleasure could be very subjective.  What is ok with me might not be ok with you.

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007 at 12:01 PM »
Decent naman. malinis ang reception.
And I am just using the stock cable provided by Sky.

Nasa Primary connection kasi ung bravia ko kaya malinis ang reception.
naka-split din cable sa amin connected to 3 other CRTs.  ;D

Make ur LCD the primary connection para luminaw siya.

we have the same connection, i.e. 4 tv's total! ang linaw ng reception since it's the 1st tv from the outside.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007 at 04:19 PM »
Gawd! Sakin kasi 3rd connection na ata from the main.. Yung main kasi nasa room ng dad ko and nasa rooftop pa..

Kaya mejo mahirap ayusin, hindi naman papayag ang skycable to fix these for me. :(

@runner10:
Get the 40" HDTV. If you can, get the full HD (1080p) ;)

Bigger is always better --- Well, it's just for me. ;) Right now, im using my 32" tv as a primary monitor and im like a keyboard away only... Im still opting to get a bigger one like 40" in the upcoming months. ;)

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007 at 12:02 AM »
Gawd! Sakin kasi 3rd connection na ata from the main.. Yung main kasi nasa room ng dad ko and nasa rooftop pa..

Kaya mejo mahirap ayusin, hindi naman papayag ang skycable to fix these for me. :(

@runner10:
Get the 40" HDTV. If you can, get the full HD (1080p) ;)

Bigger is always better --- Well, it's just for me. ;) Right now, im using my 32" tv as a primary monitor and im like a keyboard away only... Im still opting to get a bigger one like 40" in the upcoming months. ;)

Yup I really want the 40v200 but my wallet wants the 32v200.  :(

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007 at 08:54 AM »
[/quote]

bro suggestion ko is for you to wait until you could afford the bigger screen if you have the space for one, in the end you will not have the feeling of regret and you achieve your goal...to have viewing pleasure ;)   patience is truly a virtue, or sometimes a necessity ;D
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007 at 03:46 PM »
Don't worry mate - I feel for you.  :D

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007 at 11:33 PM »
Im having trouble adjusting my native resolution for Condition Zero, this happened since I got the Sony Bravia, works like candy using my Samsung 32" before but when I shifted to Sony Bravia, everything fuhked up.

Do you guys have any idea(s) how can I set my CZ game in my native resolution which is 1360x768. I tried updating my videocard driver(s) already, but still - no luck for me. Im getting the same result in 1.6 steam too but works perfectly in CounterStrike Source..

Thanks

P.S- Hope gamers can help me with it. Thanks again

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007 at 05:21 PM »
@fait

sir pa-pm naman kung magkano mo nabili ung 32v mo... thanks!

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007 at 02:36 PM »
bought me a 32v200a as well last week.  initial observations (compared with my samsung 32s71):

1. cable reception: i think a bit better than the samsung, i think comparable with CRT, on some cases better (actually even my samsung has good cable reception)
2. skin tones: definitely better than my samsung
3. colors: hmm...better blues and better blacks, can't see much difference on green and red with my samsung;less washed out when viewing diagonally (though 170deg lang an s71 compared with this which is 178deg)
4. clarity: better than my samsung, more crisp images (though i noticed that i have to bring down sharpness to a very low level)
5. sound: louder than my samsung, other than that, didn't really hear much difference pa

Still tweaking some of the settings, though initially, brought down backlight to 3, sharpness 5, for cable high noise reduction (hmm.. forgot the real name for this), for dvd low noise reduction.  I'm still tweaking some of my config from time to time and i think it will be a lot better with more tweaks (or possibly just turning off some of enhancements and stick to the basic settings).

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007 at 03:39 PM »
bought me a 32v200a as well last week.  initial observations (compared with my samsung 32s71):

1. cable reception: i think a bit better than the samsung, i think comparable with CRT, on some cases better (actually even my samsung has good cable reception)
2. skin tones: definitely better than my samsung
3. colors: hmm...better blues and better blacks, can't see much difference on green and red with my samsung;less washed out when viewing diagonally (though 170deg lang an s71 compared with this which is 178deg)
4. clarity: better than my samsung, more crisp images (though i noticed that i have to bring down sharpness to a very low level)
5. sound: louder than my samsung, other than that, didn't really hear much difference pa

Still tweaking some of the settings, though initially, brought down backlight to 3, sharpness 5, for cable high noise reduction (hmm.. forgot the real name for this), for dvd low noise reduction.  I'm still tweaking some of my config from time to time and i think it will be a lot better with more tweaks (or possibly just turning off some of enhancements and stick to the basic settings).

So in almost all counts the Sony is better than the Samsung. 
Well, it SHOULD be better since it IS more expensive.  Congrats on yur new TV!

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007 at 09:06 PM »
gratz ravel on your new baby. :D

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 11:34 AM »
just bought 32v200a yesterday  ;D delivery will be tomorrow... will give my feedbacks once connected as HTPC  ;D

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 12:16 PM »
just bought 32v200a yesterday  ;D delivery will be tomorrow... will give my feedbacks once connected as HTPC  ;D

Ill wait for your review and how much/ where did you purchase your unit  Im also in the market for a 32 LCD. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2007 at 12:17 PM by Titanium »

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 02:58 PM »
@Titanium
pm sent sir...
yup will give mini-review ASAP  :)

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 01:58 AM »
Ok, after the tiring tweaks and a failed experiment im giving my most honest view of my newly acquired Bravia 32v200a.

(pasensya na po sa pics, nasa kama ako (usual vantage point) nung kinuhanan ko, lumulubog kaya paling + pasmadaong kamay (blurr) hehe)

Test setup:

HTPC:
Pentium 4 Preshot 3.0ghz @ 3.6ghz
MSI 865PE Platinum Edition
X1950Pro AGP
2 x 512mb Twinmos
X-fi Fatality ExtremeGamer Pro
Klipsch Promedia GMX 2.1
PowerDvd 6 Deluxe Edition with all the add-ons (my peyborit dvd player)

Crap HT:
(fanet) Samsung DVD P205-K with progressice Scan (no 720p/1080i upscaling)
Klipsch Promedia GMX 2.1

i say it's crap because i'm a pioneer dvdp fanatic (free kasi ung
samsung-pinahiram lang ng may-ari ng condo :D ), i have no receiver and 5.1ch set-up here in SG kaya "acceptable" lang ang sound ng HT/HTPC set-up na ito...

DVDs Tested
POTC: CotBP
2Fast 2Furious
Xmen 2
The animal

First up analogue connection: S-video on Samsung
crap, doesn't give justice to the HDTV
better use this on CRT

Next: COmponent on Samsung

Since im using a progressive scanning but not upscaling capable dvd player, i was expecting a so-so PQ. Unlike the s-video, the component connection gave justice to the HDTV. However, i was a bit disappointed at firts because i was expecting a so-so but, hey, not a near analogue display! Untweaked component video is near s-video output. After some tweaking on the settings; custom color + "wide" gave a more realistic hues of red/blue/green from the scene (Jack Sparrow's skin and cap, leaves and the sea). The color reproduction and overall PQ  after the tweak were better - almost (but not quite) at par with the VGA output. Note that this is not yet upscaled to 720p, upscaled output may give same results with the VGA.

HTPC: The spotlight!

Theoretically, i don't know what upscaling is. Survey says, upscaling is just upcoverting (pareho lang un diba?) 480i encoded dvd to 720p or 1080i reso using upscaling capable dvd player. If i undestood it right, its an HD for SD, i mean making SD dvd HD. For my HTPC's case, it's just the toggled full screen view of PowerDVD on the HDTV @ 1360 x 768 (ang simple no?). Testing the 3 dvds mentioned above, i saw astonishing funtastic output. No ghosting noticed on 2Fast 2Furious first race scene and air arrest scene in Xmen2. Great reds/blues/greens, deep black and light lights in all the dvds specially on Pirates. Potc dvd is rich in black - you can really appreaciate the dark/night scenes, the chapter where jack and ms swan were isolated in a Caribbean Island is like... paradise!. Full anamorphic dvd - The Animal was good (puno ang tv) no pixelation noticed. Cinema-like.

HTPC: DVI on 20" Viewsonic

Can you see the difference on the PQ?

HTPC: HDMI-DVI connection
bwiset na cable! hindi gumana! failed experiment!

TV and HD Cable viewing mode was not tested because nasa kwarto ko itong set-up na

ito, nasa sala ung cable box. =)               

Since this TV is really intended for HT, i can consider the non-HT perfomance as very very good freebie already. Good-detailed-BIG-widescreen monitor @ 1360 x 768, masarap mag-youtube dito!

720p on x1950 Pro tv-out component:

GMAnews.TV:

Overall, I can say almost near perfect cinematic experience. My setup just lacks the whole audio department.

Ow btw, can you imagine your pr@n collection played @ full screen? try it =)
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007 at 02:02 AM by leomar »