Author Topic: hello may I ask..  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
hello may I ask..
« on: Jul 04, 2007 at 06:28 PM »
hello, may I ask what is the white thing inside some of these (usually region 1 ata) dvd cases, Where do you stick these, parang mga bar codes siya. Are these to show that your dvds are original? Ty

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: hello may I ask..
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2007 at 08:21 PM »
If you are referring to the thin rectangular plastic with bar codes, that thing is intended for anti-theft. Meaning if you bring that out in a store in the US without clearing with the cashier, the walk-through machine will sound. You can actually remove that if you wish. That doesn't do any good now.

I hope Im talking about the same thing here. ::)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2007 at 08:53 PM »
If you are referring to the thin rectangular plastic with bar codes, that thing is intended for anti-theft. Meaning if you bring that out in a store in the US without clearing with the cashier, the walk-through machine will sound. You can actually remove that if you wish. That doesn't do any good now.

I hope I'm talking about the same thing here. ::)
I think your right.  Sometimes when I carry one and walk through shop it still set off the alarm for detectors.  It's useless now as sir frootloops said.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2007 at 09:38 PM »
Those are usually black, very seldom do I encounter white version of those anti-theft devices.  They are pretty much equivalent of those pink metallic stickers used by Astrovision, Odyssey, Datablitz, and National Bookstore?

But those doesn't have Bar Codes, is moks007 referring to the same thing?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2007 at 10:01 PM »
hello, may I ask what is the white thing inside some of these (usually region 1 ata) dvd cases, Where do you stick these, parang mga bar codes siya. Are these to show that your dvds are original? Ty

are you talking about a white version of this?

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2007 at 10:07 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2007 at 08:16 AM »
are you talking about a white version of this?

Yes parang like that, its white with a lot of vertical black bars, ya I think its for anti-theft like the others say above. What im wondering is on some of the dvds I bought they are loose pieces inside the dvd case, so I thought its like a sticker you stick inside the dvd case to let people know its an original disc, for lets say example one is sending his/her used dvds via balikbayan to the states or some other countries. I just thought its an indicator or something that shows your dvd is original. hehe...Thanks a lot to all.