Author Topic: ABC's Traveler  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ABC's Traveler
« on: May 05, 2007 at 05:44 PM »
The series will finally premiere this Thursday on ABC. Saw the pilot last year and it was gripping.

SYNOPSIS: Jay, Tyler and Will are friends who have spent the last two years in grad school. They are about to depart on a summer trip when a simple prank to rollerblade through one of New York City's most famous museums makes Jay and Tyler prime suspects in a terrorist bombing that destroys the museum seconds later. Hopeful that Will can help clear up this misunderstanding, they learn he's been missing since the explosion and think he may be dead. They're unable to turn to authorities when they realize they can't prove Will even exists. In every photo from the past two years, he has managed to block his face.

Who will believe them? Friends, family, lovers? The boys are pawns in a conspiracy that will take years to unravel, and the government may not have their best interests at heart. Their friendship will be tested like never before as they try to uncover the truth, while avoiding detection of not only the FBI, but everyone in America who has seen their faces on TV as suspects in the bombing.

Director David Nutter, who has defined many series including The X-Files, Without a Trace and Supernatural, along with the writer of Eight Below and the Oscar(r)-winning producers of American Beauty combine The Fugitive with Enemy of the State in a taut, tense thriller of innocents on the run. Flashing back to the prior two years to illustrate the formation of this friendship and Will's insidious behavior, this action-packed drama taps into our paranoia with pure adrenaline-fueled entertainment. Matthew Bomer (Tru Calling) and Logan Marshall-Green (The O.C.) star.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline seahaven

• Collector
  • i like DVDs
  • Liked:
TRAVELER
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 04:23 PM »
http://www.tv.com/traveler/show/58473/summary.html

Go check out this new tv series, i think its comparable to 24 its just that it has a much younger crowd. i am sure all you here will get hooked up on this just like me...its a combination of drama, action and adventure...

Jay, Tyler and Will have spent the last two years in grad school living together. They are about to spend their summer holiday travelling. But, when Will gives Jay and Tyler a simple dare - to rollerblade through one of New York's most famous museums - it makes them prime suspects in a terrorist bombing, that seconds later, destroys the museum. They hope that Will can prove their innocence,...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: ABC's Traveler
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 11:04 AM »
Any news if this show is rating? I'm getting hooked on the storyline but I don't want to experience another Drive and find out that it will be cancelled just when everything's becoming very interesting.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 03:26 PM »
Umm...

That was just last week. This week, it was a very distant third in its timeslot:

"CSI: NY," 5.6/10, won the 10 p.m. hour for CBS. "Last Comic Standing" bumped up to 4.6/8 in its second hour, while ABC's "Traveler" came in at 2.9/5.

Sorry.
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 at 03:29 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 03:46 PM »
Weird that a tired old show as Last Comic Standing is beating Traveler. From what I've read today it looks like all 8 episodes ordered by ABC will be airing. There is now an online petition to renew Traveler for a second season. I hope that they at least finish the first season. This series is well acted and the pacing is amazing.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2007 at 01:18 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, the nine episodes that ABC ordered is a done deal. It's also a pity that this show was passed over in favor of the disappointing Six Degrees and the tiresome Men in Trees.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2007 at 04:18 PM »
According to the series creator, Traveler will most likely not return for another season.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:20 PM »
Pre, what did you think of the penultimate episode? I knew what the episode title was but it did not kill any suspense while watching it. Now I can't wait to see the finale. At the same time, not too thrilled knowing it won't be renewed.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:23 PM »
Guys before I decide to "acquire" this series - is the story complete in one season, or is this a show without an ending?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:26 PM »
I've been having the same reaction watching last scenes from the last four episodes -- mouth open while shouting "what?!" I was watching episode seven with my son and he jumped in surprise when I shouted, hehe.

I loved the way the plot has started circling inwards to where it started (the bombing). Too bad the series will not be renewed. At least I've got Burn Notice to fill the gap.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:27 PM »
Hopefully, the story will end with episode 8. I'll inform you if it does. I am hoping they finish the plot since the series creator already stated that there won't be a second season.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:31 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, there won't be a cliffhanger according to both producers and series creator. At least it won't go the route of Prison Break. It was renewed but the series has become a joke later on. If I could compare Traveler to another short-lived but riveting series, it would be NBC's Kidnapped. That was another underrated serial.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 06:53 PM »
I've been having the same reaction watching last scenes from the last four episodes -- mouth open while shouting "what?!"

Hala, ako rin! Especially that last one with all that gun-pointing by the alley.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:40 PM »
Hehe, good to see na hindi lang ako ang ganito ang reaction. ;D By the way,the final episode is now available.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2007 at 12:08 AM »
And?

Tapos o bitin?  ???

;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2007 at 12:40 AM »
Haven't watched it yet. Trying to cram both work and the book, hehe.

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2007 at 06:54 AM »
Bakit bitin pa rin?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2007 at 04:53 PM »
And?

Tapos o bitin?  ???

;D

Finally got to watch the last episode today. Sobra pala sa cliffhanger. What a bunch of sadists. They say it's never going to get picked up for a second season and they end it like this especially since they reshot the whole thing anyway. I hope they at least give a synopsis of what happens.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2007 at 03:01 PM »
Checked some sites to see if people are wondering why they ended this one abruptly and if there is a resolution to everything.... Wala. People don't care, I guess. Sayang yung 8 episodes. :-\

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2007 at 11:20 PM »
I hope that in some future interview the loose ends will be discussed by the show's creator and/or writers.