Author Topic: xbox 360 addon prob with planet earth, pls help  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
xbox 360 addon prob with planet earth, pls help
« on: May 07, 2007 at 10:47 AM »
Hello, May I ask if anybody out there that have an addon, Pls help.  I was wondering if the units here in Phils. can be connected to xbox live. I tried it and its not working. Its keeps giving me "Your hotmail is not working in the locale" or something like that. I noticed Phils is not listed as one of the countries that have xbox live when I tried to join xbox live using my 360.

Planet earth will not work on my addon. I read you have to get the update at xbox live. What a bummer. However I heard there will be a spring update, suppose to be released May 7, by microsoft I think.
Can I just download that and save in a cd and just run it in my xbox. Man hopefully this will work or im stuck with planet earth. Its a hassle to return it or I might sell it if it doesnt work.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: xbox 360 addon prob with planet earth, pls help
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007 at 12:19 PM »
According to Thompson "aaronwt" feedback:

"This title is worth every penny. And it does play on the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on. You have to be connected to Xbox Live and it will download an update that will allow this title to play correctly.

It also works fine on the stand alone HD DVD players(HD-A1, HD-A2, and HD-XA2) I have."

Robinson A. asks:
"Do I absolutely need X-Box live to download Update to view this HDDVD?"

J. Cross replied:
"Yes you do need XBL to download update. But you don't need an XBL account to update you XBOX. All you have to do is plug in an ethernet cable into the port in the back and it will automaticly update itself. And thats it."

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
Hello, May I ask if anybody out there that have an addon, Pls help.  I was wondering if the units here in Phils. can be connected to xbox live. I tried it and its not working. Its keeps giving me "Your hotmail is not working in the locale" or something like that. I noticed Phils is not listed as one of the countries that have xbox live when I tried to join xbox live using my 360.

Planet earth will not work on my addon. I read you have to get the update at xbox live. What a bummer. However I heard there will be a spring update, suppose to be released May 7, by microsoft I think.
Can I just download that and save in a cd and just run it in my xbox. Man hopefully this will work or im stuck with planet earth. Its a hassle to return it or I might sell it if it doesnt work.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Yes sadly, Pinas is not yet officially supported by Microsoft but you can try and create a U.S. or Singapore account just gather info on the net on what zip code to use.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007 at 07:43 AM »
Yes sadly, Pinas is not yet officially supported by Microsoft but you can try and create a U.S. or Singapore account just gather info on the net on what zip code to use.

Ok I might try this, Im from Houston before. I will use my existing address there hehe..ok Thanks

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007 at 01:45 PM »

Thanks so much dts-es.. I got it na. Planet earth now plays, ya have to use usa address. zip etc. Thanks again I really owe you one.. :)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007 at 02:35 PM »
Congrat Ray..now you can enjoy the film without any problem  ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007 at 05:23 PM »
Thanks so much dts-es.. I got it na. Planet earth now plays, ya have to use usa address. zip etc. Thanks again I really owe you one.. :)

Hey no big deal. . .that's what we're here for.  ;)

Congrats.

Offline NeilNo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • PSN:redoctober
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007 at 02:28 AM »
HD-DVD add on just got a firmware update today. Though I don't have any playback issues since I got my HD DVD add-on,  here's the improvement on the audio output;

"While the player is still unable to output true lossless Dolby TrueHD streams, it now offers users the option to output all HD DVD audio (including down-sampled TrueHD) in Digital Stereo (2 channel PCM), 640 kbps Dolby Digital 5.1, and 1.5 Mbps DTS 5.1 or WMA Pro."

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Firmware_Upgrades/Xbox_360/Xbox_360_Software_Update_Solves_HD_DVD_Playback_Issues,_Improves_Audio_Output/628
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 08:31 PM by NeilNo »
UN65H6400 3D, LN52A650, 55LW5600 3D, TX-NR636 7.2/5.2.2 Dolby Atmos

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007 at 08:03 AM »
It's reported the latest firmware has solved the playback issues including Discovery Atlas: Australia Revealed. :)

Offline Toink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007 at 06:09 PM »
@Moks007

just make a new hotmail/passport account either with a us address so you can join xbox live. the hd dvd had a recent fw update. but do so only if you have an unmodded/unflashed xbox 360 since ms now bans xbox 360's which are modded/flashed

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
@Moks007

just make a new hotmail/passport account either with a us address so you can join xbox live. the hd dvd had a recent fw update. but do so only if you have an unmodded/unflashed xbox 360 since ms now bans xbox 360's which are modded/flashed
hello toink, mine is modified..actually im regretting nga I got the modified, Games are selective, you know what I mean. Anyway I already did this and the other day I updated the addon by sticking in a hddvd disc, It updated I think that was the new firmware. Im not sure..Thanks

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
Mine's flashed also but luckily, I can still surf the marketplace after downloading the update. I've read on the other forum that there were also unmodded units that got struck by Microsoft's banhammer ???