Author Topic: Unused Speakers  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Unused Speakers
« on: May 07, 2007 at 08:33 PM »
I wont be using my speakers for a few years (probably a minimum of two years)....what is the best thing to do?....put them in boxes and store them in a room in your house that is safe from vermin and water damage.....or leave them exposed in your room....was thinking that if I store them in a box for a year or two it might get damaged because of our humid weather....was planning to leave them in my room and out of the box....sale is not an option for now because I want to be able to use them when I'm in the country....any suggestions? thanks.....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007 at 08:35 PM by Dracula »

Offline ccvillav

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Unused Speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007 at 07:06 AM »
e kung lagyan mo ng dessicant ung box. ???

Offline NMM1

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007 at 09:43 AM »
two years is quite a long time to store ur speakers.... don't u have somebody there that could at least power them up every now and then? ur right, non-activity of your speakers may result to damage due to our humid condition even if u leave them out in the box.... m not sure if we have storage facilities here in pinas designed for ur kind of situation....

my suggestion is this, have one of ur friends use them while ur gone with the agreement that if he/she breaks it, he/she pays for it...
Rega | Schiit| Puffin | Yamaha | Dynaudio | ProAc | Accuphase

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007 at 07:41 PM »
thanks for the suggestion will connect it to the b speaker outs of my receiver and ask my in-laws to turn it on once in a while

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 12:47 PM »
instead of a box, try a large plastic bag (maybe a trash bag)...put some silica gel (dessicant)...then seal so no air goes in or out...

thanks for the suggestion will connect it to the b speaker outs of my receiver and ask my in-laws to turn it on once in a while

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 01:28 PM »
careful tayo sa speakers esp. kung foam ang surround kase nangyari sa akin nyan dati nung nagpagawa kami ng attic at matagal bago magamit uli ang speakers at ang mali ko hinayaan ko lang na nakatambak sa bodega, ayun nag crack ang foams. buti valdus bs lang pero napalitan ko naman ng foam from deeco. mahirap kalaban ang amag.  :)