Author Topic: Dana's 7193 preamp  (Read 14967 times)

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: Dana's 7193 preamp
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007 at 05:43 AM »
tube gears at affordable price....that is a great possibility in these forums... ;D

all you have to do is ask... ;D

looks like magkakaroon ng one-stop tube gear shop sa EPZA cavite ah!

kung gusto nyo ng tube gears at an affordable price yet quality not compromised- nandiyan lang sina edrel at mang gerry at iba pang matulunging diyrs sa tabi-tabi.  ;D

i hope that with the abundance of information posted in the threads here in pdvd and elsewhere, future budding diyrs would be encouraged to continue DIY'ng. mas maraming talents ang lalabas kesa sa iilan lang ngayon.

we all know that most parts are available in the raon area, pinapahirap lang nung iba malaman ang sources para mapalabas na mahal kuno pero in reality eh mura naman. mas maganda siguro na nandyan na ang inpormasyon kung saan mabibili ang mga rekado, at magkakatalo na lang, pagalingan diskarte sa pagluto.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 at 06:00 AM by oweidah »

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007 at 08:54 AM »
Don,

Yes it is the year of the horns!

I just finished my Fostex 127e folded HORN (need finishing pa, but I already sampled Stacy Kent on it, and the sound is good, have potential) and within the year, another HORNY tube will be singing my 832s.

YES, EDREL IS THE MAN! The heart of any tube preamp/amp are the irons! He winds mean power transformers, chokes (smoothing and plate) and OPT (single ended and push pull). And he just uses the best core available, unlike some ventures that uses recycled cores not meant for audio (some used for step down transformers, etc). And he has the equipment to wind them and measure them accurately unlike some winders who just copy existing trannys. And since he is using high quality parts, his price might be higher than most, but QUALITY AND RELIABILITY is there, plus his personal guarantee that as long as his company exist, he can support your product. I had my shares of transformers that has mediocre performance, I have a power transformer secondary tap that is rated at 1A, after loading 100ma, the voltage sags, and this was wound maybe by somebody on the sidewalk of Raon.

Both my KT88 amp and 7193 preamp, the power transformers are wound by Edrel, and both barely gets warm on extended use.

My SE OPT is so good, that I got rid of my Audiospace Mk 3 8i integrated amp (a push pull KT88 amp that retails new for more than 60K).

Edrel also have the knack of sourcing inexpensive but high quality parts. Though I believe a little bit on some boutique parts, Edrel introduced me to capacitors that cost less than 100 pesos that sounds better than some caps that cost more than a thousand pesos.

If you want to do a DIY tube project, approach Edrel and you are half-way done! But just to warn, you Edrel loves power, a parallel push pull is his favorite design.  ;D You should see his parallel push pull KT88 monoblocks... :o But he is also good with Single Ended amps and line stages, plus he likes exotic tubes.

Don, I was texting with him last night, and he finished the new cathode biasing on your 7193 preamp, our text exchange (he was still at his audio lab past 7:00 pm last night):

Edrel: "For test na"
AlexG: "so hindi ako nanaginip when i think that the highs and vocals has more details?"
Edrel: "Hindi. Really better. Konting hilot pa ok nato"

Don, you need a Single Ended Amp to pair with your 7193, you have the Iron Winder and parts source (Edrel), I will give you the final schematic of my SE KT88.  ;)

So if anybody wants to DIY this preamp or any tube projects, contact Edrel for your transformer and choke need, and for advice on how to do it. You can also PM me if I can be of any help.

DIY RULES!
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007 at 09:14 AM »
o tukso layuan mo akoooooo

verrrrrry temptingggggggg!!! ;D

Offline bono

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
oweidah,

Palapitin mo na ang tukso! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007 at 10:53 AM »
oweidah,

Palapitin mo na ang tukso! ;D ;D ;D ;D

o.t.

Malayo! pero alam ko kung kangino malapit ang horny company....

........................sa iyo!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDREL IS THE MAN! The heart of any tube preamp/amp are the irons! He winds mean power transformers, chokes (smoothing and plate) and OPT (single ended and push pull). And he just uses the best core available, unlike some ventures that uses recycled cores not meant for audio (some used for step down transformers, etc). And he has the equipment to wind them and measure them accurately unlike some winders who just copy existing trannys. And since he is using high quality parts, his price might be higher than most, but QUALITY AND RELIABILITY is there, plus his personal guarantee that as long as his company exist, he can support your product. I had my shares of transformers that has mediocre performance, I have a power transformer secondary tap that is rated at 1A, after loading 100ma, the voltage sags, and this was wound maybe by somebody on the sidewalk of Raon.

Edrel also have the knack of sourcing inexpensive but high quality parts. Though I believe a little bit on some boutique parts, Edrel introduced me to capacitors that cost less than 100 pesos that sounds better than some caps that cost more than a thousand pesos.

So if anybody wants to DIY this preamp or any tube projects, contact Edrel for your transformer and choke need, and for advice on how to do it. You can also PM me if I can be of any help.

DIY RULES!

what more could you ask for ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 at 11:02 AM by oweidah »

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM »
And I forgot to mention that Edrel's company in EPZA, Rosario, Cavite, only makes transformers for various applications, nothing else, so you can imagine his expertise on making transformers.
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline edrel sison

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007 at 11:01 AM »
guys,

we are not that sort of an expert yet but we are learning. my first exposure to designing transformers was at the UE EE lab pero as you would know, college is not enough. all the guys that has posed challenges really brings out a lot to creativity. my very first work was not into transformers but process and am that guy who made specs on how to do things in the production line. it was only when i got interested with audio that i started to get curious with irons. funny, i have been doing production of SMPS transformers since 10 years back but never got really had a serious look on designing them. opening up few push pull opts made by dynaco had made me understand the way how OPTs are made during those days. informations from fellow members and reading up things from turneraudio really reinforced our knowledge. now, we are still learning, such a very long way to go..

tubes also are entirely different things but you cannot take away transformers from tubes. they complement each other.

speakers, well i also love to diy. and i wanted a horn..horn na naman?

para hindi OT, dana's preamp i brought sa Malabon for scrutiny para mapakinggan ng kakilala kong band member (an organist, shang-rila), sa saturday ko pa ulit makuha..don, please bear with us.. :) :)

edrel
www.fe-tronic.com
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008 at 06:05 PM by edrel sison »

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007 at 04:52 PM »
Don, I was texting with him last night, and he finished the new cathode biasing on your 7193 preamp, our text exchange (he was still at his audio lab past 7:00 pm last night):
...edrel, alexg...mas maganda nga ba if biased a bit on the 'hotter' side?

Don, you need a Single Ended Amp to pair with your 7193, you have the Iron Winder and parts source (Edrel), I will give you the final schematic of my SE KT88.

:D, tnx...plan to enjoy it first with my other toys.I can pair it with my 5998 SET (early Mangrod's) :)
               Anyway, will consider it too :D.

...para hindi OT, dana's preamp i brought sa Malabon for scrutiny para mapakinggan ng kakilala kong band member (an organist, shang-rila), sa saturday ko pa ulit makuha..don, please bear with us.. 

....no problem sir. at least we get their feedback & suggestions. i heard, very positive ang comments ng mga nakarinig...

many have texd and pmd me regarding this preamp...i could only give u edrel's contact number to help u answer most of your inquiries....sa mga interested, take the leap of faith :D
thanks to all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 07:37 AM by dana »

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 09:55 PM »
Edrel

Yup!! ORganize mo DIY group mo, sir. I will give you space!!

cyber

IT'S CONFIRMED. THE HORNY TUBES WILL BE AT THE 2007 ALABANG AUDIO FAIR