High-Def > Blu-ray Content

HD DVD/Blu-ray launching in the Phils.

(1/9) > >>

av_phile1:
The formats are already a year old.  Were either of these two formats ever launched formerly here?  I think there was a DVD launching in 1998, but this time, has there been one for high def?

allanmandy:
I think the local Sony distributor expects their Blu-ray players to arrive later this year. August, from one store manager I asked. As for the actual discs, I don't have news if the big video stores will begin selling them this year.

pchin:
I think none so far at least not officially but it seems more dedicated AV shops are selling HD DVD/Blu-ray products. :)

Will be great to see an official launch in the Philippines. SONY will indeed have its edge in terms of marketing budget. Hopefully if they do launch it, consumers can buy the HD players & movie discs at a good discounted introductory price. :)

Lantis:
When I bought my Toshiba TV 2 months ago they were demoing a Toshiba A1 in the Toshiba LCDs that was diplayed in their showroom cubicle and I asked the toshiba salesperson if the player is already available.. sabi nya "hindi pa sir mataas pa kasi yung price eh hihintayin muna naming bumaba" :P

... baka pagkatapos ng format war then they'll start selling one and they would start at Toshiba A1 upwards ;D

firewired:
Magnavision indicated that there are plans to launch Blu-ray discs locally in the second half of 2007 - as early as August hopefully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version