Author Topic: bang & olufsen  (Read 3301 times)

Offline RMN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
bang & olufsen
« on: Sep 26, 2002 at 08:07 PM »
Anything on Bang and Olufsen systems?

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re:bang & olufsen
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2002 at 10:14 PM »
Invented the lifestyle system category, Number one in lifestyle systems. Nothing can beat its elegance, futuristic designs and sound (for its category). Expensive so it will guarantee exclusivity not unlike the lifestyle systems of Pioneer which are everywhere.  Parts are non existent here in the Philippines.

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2002 at 11:38 PM »
Yeah. The B&O beolink series really looks stunning specialy the "magic" cd window. I'm just curious if it sounds as good as it looks.

Offline madrigal

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2002 at 09:01 PM »
B&O???
  This is the one Carrie and Big have in their apartments in Sex in the City.
   The Stand CD player that displays the CD's vertically.  the speakers are really
tall and thin.    
    I assume, thin din ang tunog ng speakers nito.   I do not know if B&O has a
subwoofer?
    Pang porma and display lang siguro talaga ang B&O since I never see them featured in
any HiFi magazine yet claiming superior sound.    Parang Bose.  prestige and price lang.

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2002 at 10:15 PM »
B&O???
  This is the one Carrie and Big have in their apartments in Sex in the City.
   The Stand CD player that displays the CD's vertically.  the speakers are really
tall and thin.    
    I assume, thin din ang tunog ng speakers nito.   I do not know if B&O has a
subwoofer?
    Pang porma and display lang siguro talaga ang B&O since I never see them featured in
any HiFi magazine yet claiming superior sound.    Parang Bose.  prestige and price lang.

Madrigal

Bang and Olufsen lifestyle systems always have a provision for a subwoofer to augment their flat panel speakers.  The sound of a B&O system is way superior to that of the Bose Lifestyle models.  Please do not compare it to the sound of a HT system or a two channel multi component, boxed floorstanders setup. astounding sound quality is not a Lifestyle systems cup of tea.  A lifestyle system is a stereo set up that you would want to proudly display as a centerpiece sa sala or sa office.  aesthetics, compactness and high tech gizmos comes first followed by sound...yan ang Lifestyle systems. I certainly am one individual who doesnt like to have multiple black boxes stacked up on a rack and tall black speakers ruining the decor of my sala...ang pangit tingnan kung nandun naka-setup yung main system mo di ba? Now if its a B&O system then its a different story. It can add visual as well as aural appeal (to some extent)  to the sala.  Its ok with me if I dont have a reference standard sound system in my sala. Back ground music would suffice.  The target market of the lifestyle systems like the B&O would be the affluent consumers who would like to have a statement piece setup in their small apartment, room, office.  

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2002 at 12:08 PM »
i went to their shop a couple of months ago in hong kong and was really amazed. their stuff are high tech. the place is a tech whore's dream (pardon my french). the sales people aren't very helpful though.

dont really know how good their stuff sound but sa looks palang, talo na ata lahat ng setups na nakita ko.

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2002 at 12:18 PM »
their stuff is championest and their price to is up to the wazoo !!! they're like the nokia of set ups. Except for the filthy rich

Offline madrigal

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 02:10 PM »
To Listener:
    I don't think I like the tone of your reply.  

All our posts are opinions.  

I am not a kid who do not know electronics.  

Of course I know a lifestyle system is not comparable to those big black boxes of electronics.  
    I am not comparing it to bose in sound quality Okay????  Did I say that?   I just said that
these systems are for "porma" and price prestige and not for sound quality.  

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2002 at 04:51 PM »
To: Madrigal

I am sorry if you were offended by my previous post. I was just merely pointing out to your attention the inherent pros and cons of such a system since your previous post apparently shows that you are dismissing the product as a fluke w/o ever hearing it. I was also led to believe that you do not have any knowledge of the B&O lifestyle system since you used the words I assume, I do not know, siguro and parang in your first post.  If your vast audio intelligence was insulted by my sharing of personal information and opinions re: the B&O then im sorry.  

Offline nephilim

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • PureSound Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2002 at 03:16 PM »
Just wanted to say I love the way the B&O look, but sad to say, I personally don't like the sound.

Case in point, a buddy of mine (who isn't much of an audiophile) is a an architect and he just loves the B&O design. He's been wanting to get a set for his living room. He auditioned a particular level model in Hong Kong and in HIS words, "tunog lata." However, he did admit that the more expensive models sounded much better.

I don't know, I guess it all comes down to preference again. But personally, I'd rather spend my money on something more audibly pleasing. Then again, others may buy the B&O to be used more as a conversation piece than as a sound system.
PureSound Inc.

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2002 at 08:40 PM »
if i had the money, i would get one of those 5 or 6 cd display glass type players. i would put this to show off to house guests and keep the real thing in my bedroom.

b and o is the bomb  :o

Offline LancerV6

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Bang & Olufsen
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 09:29 PM »
Has anyone heard of this brand?

Is this available here in the Philippines? How much are their CD players?

Thanks!

Offline AVDude

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re:Bang & Olufsen
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2003 at 12:21 AM »
Has anyone heard of this brand?

Is this available here in the Philippines? How much are their CD players?

Thanks!

i think meron thread ata nito. anyways..heard one ...yun preho nun ke carrie (from sex in the city)

ok naman sa tunog..pero very expensive ito...

i think you can buy a sonus grand piano already w/ the amount you gonna spend for this

Peace  8)

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2003 at 12:28 AM »
this is more of a "porma" piece of equipment. my friend has the rectangular glass face 6 cd changer. decent sound naman. but the price is crazy

Offline De Niro

• Apprentice
  • Ace Rothstein is in the HOUSE!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2003 at 01:08 AM »
German Made kya madugo ang price. try mo yun Rottell na Cd Player ok din tumunog yun.

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 08, 2003 at 12:10 PM »
B & O offers lifestyle audio equipment, which means pricey but short of the audio quality of traditional audio gears.

What Hi Fi? July 2003 issue featured B&O's Beo Sound 3200 (vertically mounted cd player, AM/FM RDS tuner, 40 GB cd memory) priced at 1750 sterling pounds or roughly P140,000. Verdict - "More of a style statement than a great hi-fi system."

cybermms

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 08, 2003 at 03:23 PM »
the b&o cd changer may not have superb audio quality but that doesnt mean its mediocre though. it will at least whoop a bose lifestyle system's @ss :)

Offline LancerV6

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2003 at 10:47 PM »
hahaha!

napakamahal pala nito...oh well...saka na lang pag super yaman na ako.  ;D

It's very nice to have one though, in my dreams.

Thanks you guys ;D

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2003 at 02:23 PM »
if i can afford one, i would like to have one too. the chicks dig this more than the HT systems most of us have ....mas slick kase tingnan :)

Offline aecofriyadh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:39 AM »
My former boss gave me an old Beosystem several years ago with Receiver/Tape Deck/Vinyl Player/Loudspeaker. The tape deck and vinyl player now needs repair but the receiver and speaker are working fine.  Any idea whom do I need to contact for the reasonable price repair of my equipment?

Offline mika888

• Collector
  • Let's turn it on!
  • Liked:
Re: bang & olufsen
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006 at 09:22 PM »
Where can I find a service center/ dealer of Bang & Olufsen?

How can I attach the pics in the HT gallery? Thanks
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 at 09:45 PM by mika888 »
Your eye is the key...