Author Topic: vga cable for laptop to lcdtv  (Read 1106 times)

Offline aikon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
vga cable for laptop to lcdtv
« on: May 30, 2007 at 02:57 PM »
I would like to connect my laptop to my lcdtv to view downloaded hd content. I got one from a surplus shop but the signal I get is noisy. You guys know where I can buy a good vga cable for this? Thanks!  :)

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: vga cable for laptop to lcdtv
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007 at 09:32 PM »
I few months back, I had the same problem as yours.  I bought a cheap VGA cable from Octagon and picture quality on my samsung LCD is really bad.  And worse, it seems that the cable is not compatible since I could not access the PC menu/settings on my LCD.  I next tried the vga cable which came from a samsung  PC monitor and to my surprise, picture was very sharp.  My suggestion...use the vga cable from an old PC monitor (if you have one).   As to where you could possibly buy one, I don't really know.  It's really hard finding a store that sells good quality VGA cable.  I almost ordered one from abroad. 

I would like to connect my laptop to my lcdtv to view downloaded hd content. I got one from a surplus shop but the signal I get is noisy. You guys know where I can buy a good vga cable for this? Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007 at 09:34 PM by R1DVD »

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007 at 03:09 AM »
cheap VGA cables tend to have a lot of signal "crosstalks" that could be causing some noise.... or maybe the magnetic shielding isn't good enough to repel noise from the other devices... ::)

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007 at 08:18 AM »
cheap VGA cables tend to have a lot of signal "crosstalks" that could be causing some noise.... or maybe the magnetic shielding isn't good enough to repel noise from the other devices... ::)

Oo nga. Yung nabili kong 25' vga sa pc-gilmore, madumi ang render sa LCD ko, may banding ng visoe noise. But if I use the 6' spare cable ko, maganda naman.

Offline aikon

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 05:31 PM »
thanks for your replies. a friend of mine was kind enough to give me a spare cable. can't wait to try it this weekend.  :)

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 06:54 PM »
i also experience noice with my vga cable.

Offline seahaven

• Collector
  • i like DVDs
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2007 at 02:14 AM »
i'm having a hard time adjusting the resolution on my samsung la32r8 lcd tv. my laptop video card is ati radeon 9000 and supports multiple monitors, my laptop monitor serves as the default. When adjusting resolution to the lcd tv (secondary monitor) to  1360x768 , message coming from tv is "mode not supported" but when lowering it down, there is output on lcd , it is just that its not very clear, picture centered but icons not shown, when i direct the cursor to the left most corner , i cannot see the cursor on my laptop but can be on the tv.  its now frustrating me, anybody here who can assist me?

btw i have the 5-meter 15-pin vga cable which i bought at a shop at greenhills for 450.00.

my purpose for wanting to connect it to the tv is to test the hd videos i downloaded as said videos are not supported by the samsung dvd /divx player .  message received when playing the hd files is |resolution exceeds 760x4xx.

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2007 at 02:30 AM »
try to change refresh rate settings... 60Hz lang afaik ang max ng samsung LCDs...

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 08:23 PM »
try to change refresh rate settings... 60Hz lang afaik ang max ng samsung LCDs...
i concur it' 60Hz lang