Author Topic: Suggestions for Astrovision  (Read 7001 times)

Offline upinsmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suggestions for Astrovision
« on: Jun 05, 2007 at 07:17 PM »
1. Start a membership card or a discount card to your customers, similar to a SM Advantage card.  With the card, Astro could keep track who their biggest customers are.  Every month, the suki customers receive flyers through the mail informing them of upcoming release for that particular month and upcoming sales.  Every purchase will earn you points which can be translated into discounts or freebies.  The DVD community here isn't that big.  The purpose of this setup is to better inform their loyal spenders and to keep in constant touch with them.  For every Astro flyer that makes its way inside a suki's home is another bait for them to be lured back into the store.

2. Get a website.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007 at 10:11 PM by upinsmoke »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Suggestions for Astrovision
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 08:18 PM »
Good idea. Like for the case of Odyssey, I was able to get a discount card after accumulating 15,000pesos. Discount card gives you 10% OFF on all items except those marked sale. Not sure though if they still offer this.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 08:41 PM »
as big as astrovision/astroplus is now..they don't even have a website yet.

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
i wonder how we can get this message across?
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline amethyst_arr

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 09:52 AM »
also, have some different discounted DVD items each week, like what they do in the USA - like such stores as BestBuy, Target,Fry's, Walmart, Circuit City, etc.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2007 at 07:36 AM »
I definitely agree with this, Astro is pretty big in the Phils. They should do what HMV hong kong and other stores does..Parang what the OP suggested. A card that accumulate points and can use the points for discount.
Sample:
50 points - 100 pesos off next purchase
100 points - 150 pesos
150 points - 200 pesos
etc etc.

I think this will be good for both sides, Sana somebody can suggest this to Astro..

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2007 at 01:47 PM »
Well, they should start first with better customer service, most astro stores have this problem.

Offline e e n $ y !

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2007 at 09:12 AM »
one thing, baka po you could change your old plastic bags to a more sturdy paper bags for purchased DVDs. we experienced getting 8 or 10 titles ata sa podium branch during sale and and it's really hard to carry because you know the feeling na parang iniingatan mo yung mga cases so last resort is just to carry it with your arms also to avoid hitting the side walls, posts, kids running around the mall. and kung plastic pa din, wag na yung transparent ha?! TIA...  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2007 at 12:51 AM by moviebuff »
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT
yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2007 at 04:50 AM »
 ;D when i get there tomorrow ill be suggesting the suki card/discount card...sana other members would also suggest, even the sturdy paper bag is a good start (similar to those selling clothing)

;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 08:31 PM »
I guess no hope for the discount card and a sturdier non transparent plastic huh?  :(

On the ther hand, if they will continue to go on-sale every so often, that's enough for me to patronize them. But the 10% loyalty discount I get from O-Music/Odyssey will always be a come-on for me to patronize them more, especially for the new releases I am eager to get asap.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:55 AM »
One method you can try: As soon as you finish paying for -- and getting -- your purchases, simply ask the counter person, "May membership o discount card ba kayo?"

Then whatever the answer (unless of course, they say yes), say thank you and calmly walk away  ;D No obligation to you. And if enough people do it, they'll soon realize: "Bakit kaya tinatanung ng mga customer 'yon?"

Who knows? Might work.  :D

And it doesn't hurt that it seems a few bigtime distributors actually get feedback from this site.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 11:54 AM »
i actually suggested that and complained about the plastic bags and suggested better packaging but the counter staff and sales staff does'nt really seem to care about comments and suggestions :-[

it just kept on getting to be an unpleasant experience...so i just go for other stores (odyssey, sm record bar, .biz and the under ronovated market place) para di na sumama loob ko.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:25 PM by juric »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 02:56 PM »
How about getting an OMB permit to sell R1 DVDs for titles without official Philippine distributors?

Baka pumayag ang OMB.  Hindi na kasi sila mahigpit sa region coding ngayon.  Tinamad na nga maglagay ng VRB/OMB sticker e.

I would gladly purchase Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2 or Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair kung magkakaroon sila. 

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 03:14 PM by barrister »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2009 at 10:52 AM »
one thing, baka po you could change your old plastic bags to a more sturdy paper bags for purchased DVDs. we experienced getting 8 or 10 titles ata sa podium branch during sale and and it's really hard to carry because you know the feeling na parang iniingatan mo yung mga cases so last resort is just to carry it with your arms also to avoid hitting the side walls, posts, kids running around the mall. and kung plastic pa din, wag na yung transparent ha?! TIA...  :)

ok nga sana ung paper bags.
 sometimes, i go there with my cloth bag nalang. Hazardous pa kasi ung plastic, kalat pa.