Author Topic: CW's Hidden Palms  (Read 880 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CW's Hidden Palms
« on: Jun 08, 2007 at 07:46 AM »
Most of the summer reality shows I planned to watch disappointed. I hope the non-reality shows deliver. Among those premiering this summer that I intend to keep up with is CW's Hidden Palms. It's from Kevin Williamson (Scream, Dawson's Creek). It does not break any new ground as far as teen soaps go. What engaged me was the mystery that's supposed to unfold throughout the season. Having seen the pilot, Williamson delivered the storyline rapidly. I can't believe I'm watching a show that's headlined by the infamous Oliver (Taylor Handley) from the O.C. It helps that he's ably supported by MILFs from NYPD Blue (Gail O'Grady, Sharon Lawrence). Taylor's fellow alumnus from the O.C., Matthew Cassidy impressed me the most among the young cast. He used to be bland before but it seems he has found a role that fit him in this show.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:37 PM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline seahaven

• Collector
  • i like DVDs
  • Liked:
Re: CW's Hidden Palms
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 04:21 PM »
hey there, since it started airing i've been watching said show and i can say that its a very interesting and intriquing show which also has that teen angst as well as cool casts.  Perhaps all you people here can see for yourserlves and find out what we are talking about.

another interesting new show is Traveler....

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2007 at 11:20 PM »
The CW's burning off the remaining episodes with two new ones each week, to end the series earlier - so it looks like the show is doomed.

I "acquired" but haven't watched. Now I'm not sure I want to even start it.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2007 at 10:51 AM »
Since it's airing on the same day as Traveler, this series pales in comparison to the ABC thriller. I'm just glad it'd be over soon since I already started watching it. Kevin Williamson is not enough to save this show. The mature actors are not given enough to make it more interesting. I shouldn't have expected much from three young leads who were one of the most hated cast members of The O.C. and Veronica Mars.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2007 at 07:06 PM »
It's apparently done, since The OC's Michael Cassidy is joining the cast of Smallville next season.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2007 at 08:31 PM »
It's apparently done, since The OC's Michael Cassidy is joining the cast of Smallville next season.

Yeah, as the Daily Planet's new editor and possible love interest to Louise Lane. Anyway, Hidden Palms had potential but the CW thought otherwise. I have to thank them for exposing Amber Heard though.  ;D