Author Topic: Pioneer DV-300V and DV-400V - has anyone tried these? any comments/review?  (Read 2657 times)

Offline dejakenth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi,

Was planning to get the Pioneer DV-393-S but when I visited an Abenson branch, I was told na phase out na yung model na ito. Instead the new Pioneer DVD Players are the DV-300V and DV-400V (i think this has HDMI and USB).

Anyone have these models? Anyone tried/tested these units? Any comments or reviews? :)

Thanks in advance.

BTW, following is the url on the two new models:
http://gadgets.fosfor.se/pioneer-dv-300v-dv-400v/

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
magkano sir?

Its about time Pio releases a unit with USB support.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
magkano sir?

Its about time Pio releases a unit with USB support.

i was in quiapo yesterday and the dv300 is being offered to me for P3.7k. magkano kaya ito sa mga malls?
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
saw the dv-400 at srp at 5990. usb port, hdmi... upscaling to 1080p. really not a big deal if you have a ps3 already.

Offline chrome8

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
i was in quiapo yesterday and the dv300 is being offered to me for P3.7k. magkano kaya ito sa mga malls?

sir where in quiapo po nyo nakita? thanks!

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
there are several stores selling these. punta ka evangelista. one store i can recommend is jem's appliance. mataas konti ang unang bigay pero galingan mo na lang tumawad. sayang nga lang walang 400V. yun talaga hinahanap ko kasi me hdmi.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
there are several stores selling these. punta ka evangelista. one store i can recommend is jem's appliance. mataas konti ang unang bigay pero galingan mo na lang tumawad. sayang nga lang walang 400V. yun talaga hinahanap ko kasi me hdmi.

Saan po ito particularly sa Quiapo? Malapit ba'to sa Raon?

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
sa raon nga ito mismo. kanto ng raon at evangelista. lakad-lakad ka lang evangelista at tanong kayo dun sa mga stores na maraming dvd players na nakadisplay. most times you have to ask kasi sa dami ng nakatambak na players di mo siya makikita kaagad. anyway, i think i would still recommend the dv400 though even if you're on a budget. with hdmi na (future proofing) and usb port for jpg viewing, also can output both 480i (if you want to just make it a transport) and upscale to 1080p at the other end. look for nemesis here or go to their store at trinoma. he got a good price for the dv400.

as for me, i'm still on the fence waiting for the dv600. i like the better audio DAC, DVD-Audio, SACD and the additional audio and video ports. the video may be marginally better also.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2007 at 09:17 AM by gearhead »

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
sa raon nga ito mismo. kanto ng raon at evangelista. lakad-lakad ka lang evangelista at tanong kayo dun sa mga stores na maraming dvd players na nakadisplay. most times you have to ask kasi sa dami ng nakatambak na players di mo siya makikita kaagad. anyway, i think i would still recommend the dv400 though even if you're on a budget. with hdmi na (future proofing) and usb port for jpg viewing, also can output both 480i (if you want to just make it a transport) and upscale to 1080p at the other end. look for nemesis here or go to their store at trinoma. he got a good price for the dv400.

as for me, i'm still on the fence waiting for the dv600. i like the better audio DAC, DVD-Audio, SACD and the additional audio and video ports. the video may be marginally better also.

Pioneer dv600s Php6,300 cash only sir, Pioneer company warranty

Offline yvesjae

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Pioneer dv600s Php6,300 cash only sir, Pioneer company warranty

sir jeff, have you compared the PQ of both dv400 and dv600?

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
sir jeff, have you compared the PQ of both dv400 and dv600?

To be honest sir, hindi pa. ;D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
nice sleek looking player!  ;D

specially the one with black finish...

is the black edition available in stores? has anyone seen it (DV-400V) ?

im contemplating on getting one if available.

TIA.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007 at 08:37 AM by juric »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
for like an P800 difference, i think i will be going with the dv600.
- better chipset???
- dvd-a/ sacd playback
- 192/24khz dac
- optical out
- decoder out???

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
no visible PQ difference from the 393 it replaced using the same settings and same component cable...just happy to have the usb and cant wait for my hdmi cable to arrive from hk :) baka yun meron na difference when i upscale

Offline van_xer

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
oh cguro nga kasi upscaling cya when nka hdmi cable.. post mo kung may improvements anti

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
getting my hdmi cable in 2-4 weeks pa maybe. opted to take the free shipping from playasia.com kasi 600 yung shipping and less than 300 pesos lang yung 3 feet na hdmi cable :D

tried putting in a 4 gig usb thumb drive to watch UFC which is almost the same res as a dvd but it looks pixelated. not bad though...just not the same quality as a dvd still. well...its just divx.

my problem now is that its region locked. put in a region 1 dvd and it did not work. anyone have an unlock code?

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
saw the dv-400 at srp at 5990. usb port, hdmi... upscaling to 1080p. really not a big deal if you have a ps3 already.

where is this available ?

i went to sm appliance center and they only have the DV 300V and DV 500V (only difference with the DV300 is it has a karaoke funtion)

and also only in silver finish.

thanks.
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:

oh...read somewhere that the ps3 does not upscale dvds. xbox 360 (which i have) doesnt upscale dvds as well. even when you have the hddvd drive for the 360...still no upscaling for normal dvds and it is a below average dvd player according to reviews for dvds

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Any user of Pioneer DV-300 here? Feedback naman mga bro if this can be a good replacement for my cd player that i untimely sold for additional cash due to my willingness to buy a second hand HK DV27 that did not push through because the p*****g seller without consideration back out of our deal.

OK kaya ang player na ito in terms of audio playback? TIA